EggCave Fanfiction

in Entertainment

Do you like this story so far?

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 14 February 2016 at 7:50 PM

This will ALWAYS be updated. I do edit my stories and add on to them as well, so the characters and story-line will probably change as the days go on.

Chapter One

"There I was, slinking through the forest to get to The Cave. It was nighttime. Oh, and about The Cave, it's a very mystical place, you know. With the humans stealing it's eggs that always seem to appear.

"I've always wondered how that happened, but that's a discussion for another time. Anyway, on to the story.

"I was only a teen Biwo at the time, but I still had an urge for adventure. I knew something was different this time, for I usually took trips there to satisfy my curiosity. The air was stiffer than usual, and I saw no humans enter The Cave.

"So, feeling daring, I bounded into The Cave, a magical tingling surrounding me. My blue eyes glowed throughout, and suddenly I saw two eggs before me.

"The first one was light blue shinning in the middle, with a darker blue at the bottom. A light purple was seen at the top. A pretty, white, cresent moon design was on top of the light blue, with another three white designs- two at the bottom sides and one at the right side at the top.

"The second one was a also a light blue, with white designs that looked like icicles. A storm cloud was above this egg, and snowflakes were seemingly keeping the egg at a nice cold temperature.

"I took one glance and I knew that these where no ordinary eggs. I grabbed both, my misty tail following behind my body, as I left The Cave.

"Good timing, too, for the second I left The Cave a human entered. I quickly hurried into the forest, shivering at the cold the blue egg was emitting."

A child Veema jumped up and down as the adult Biwo finished his story. "And those eggs were us, RIGHT MIST?"

The Biwo laughed, "You are correct Frost. I just wonder why you appeared to me."

A child Nym had a look of intelligence in her eyes, despite her appearance and age. Her eyes fell on Mist with a look of pure wonder. "It has to be something to do with there only being one of each of our species- as far as I can tell."

Frost looked at the Nym strangely, "I never realized that, Luna." She started to bounce again, "But isn't that COOL? We're the last hope of our species!"

Frost broke out into a smile until she saw Luna's glaring face. "If there is only ONE of a species, they can't have children. So unless you decide that the laws of Ark don't apply to you, I expect we won't have any children, FROST."

The Veema slunk down low to the ground, clearly disappointed. "Oh. But there has to be hope, right?"

Mist answered before Luna could respond, "I doubt The Cave gave me you two without a purpose. The Cave seems to give lots of eggs to the humans, but to another creature?" the Biwo shook his head, "There has to be purpose. Small or not."

This was the end of the conversation, so Mist gestured to the sunset, and muttered something to do with bed. The three creatures went under a protective branch in the forest, and started to sleep.

Female
796 posts

dragon_collector • 15 February 2016 at 6:56 AM

@degong

Woah you have super great writing skills! ❤️ This is a great story 😃 I want to know what happens next. XD

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 15 February 2016 at 7:34 AM

@dragon_collector

Thanks!
I'm still working on my grammar skills though. XD

Deleted • 15 February 2016 at 4:20 PM

@degong
I enjoyed reading it!
Do tell me when the next chapter comes out, I'd like to see it. c:

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 15 February 2016 at 4:23 PM

@kas

Thank you! ❤️
And I'll be sure to notify you when I finish it. 😸

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 15 February 2016 at 4:46 PM

@degong Cool. Though unless you're using the word 'specie' as a unique word in your story that has a different meaning, I would let you know that the word 'species' with an 's' is used to refer to a group of organisms (egg cave creatures) sharing common characteristics while 'specie' refers to coin money.

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 15 February 2016 at 4:52 PM

@plisser9

Oh, yeah, thanks for catching that! 😃
I only wish people would say things like this more often! I don't get a lot of constructive criticism. I don't really know why. :/

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 15 February 2016 at 8:15 PM

@degong No problem. Also in paragraph 11, it's "-It- has to be something" and not "-I- has to be something", just a simple typo.

I know the feeling (though perhaps not as well as you). To answer you statement as best I can, I believe it's because people that tend to criticize things generally won't bother to be helpful/nice about it. Other people like to give only praise to be nice and think it's mean or something to point out things that could use improving, grammar mistakes, etc. They also might not notice those things that much. Not everyone's meant to be an editor/critic, I guess.

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 15 February 2016 at 8:17 PM

@plisser9

Good eye. 😱

I suppose not. :/

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 February 2016 at 5:53 PM

I like it! It sounds like it will be a cool story.

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 16 February 2016 at 7:47 PM

@bgunny

Thanks! I'd tell you what I'm planning to put in it but that'd ruin the story. >_<

Any things you'd like to see in this story? I'm open to all criticisms and suggestions. 😊

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 16 March 2016 at 10:56 AM

@degong Is this continuing? 😋

Non-binary
1,221 posts

degong • 16 March 2016 at 3:09 PM

@ushafuse

Oh, yes, but not any time soon I would think. X3
I have the idea, but my fingers don't want to type it. 😋

Female
3,201 posts