Prepaid Cards?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
342 posts

fuzzydragon • 3 September 2011 at 9:28 PM

I was thinking that maybe EggCave could release $5, $10, and $25 prepaid cards for the Cash Shop Park. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from getting the Cash Shop Monthlies is the fact that I don't have a credit card to pay with. I think this would allow more people to buy the Monthlies if there were prepaid cards sold in stores.

9,386 posts

smilies • 3 September 2011 at 9:29 PM

Yeah I know, I'd love those, but it would be quite hard for Ian to do i think.... It has been suggested before....

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 3 September 2011 at 9:31 PM

But think about it, the prepaid cards hafta be shipped to a local store (i.e. Walgreens, Walmart, Safeway, Gamestop) and some of us don't even live in the U.S. It has been suggested before and rejected. o. e

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 3 September 2011 at 9:32 PM

@fuzzydragon

I think that is a good idea, but I agree with @smilies, also, a site has to be pretty big to do that, and even thought EggCave IS a big site, it isn't really that large compared to some sites.

9,386 posts

smilies • 3 September 2011 at 9:32 PM

@trish Yeah, I wouldn't be able to get them, I don't have any of those stores X)

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 3 September 2011 at 10:33 PM

This has been suggested multiple times before in previous threads and met with positive reactions. Cards sold in stores would certainly be much more convenient than finding access to a credit card.

The actual problem that lies within the suggestion is that simply shipping out boxes of plastic cards to retail requires a lot of effort and money. Although if I can recall correctly, there is a type of card that can be bought from retail that is compatible with a handful of online games that are partners with it. Not entirely certain with how that works.

Regardless, Ian has stated that he is always looking for more accessible ways to obtain Cave Cash other than Paypal. So more alternatives should appear soon enough. 😊

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 3 September 2011 at 10:41 PM

I hope, I would totally get CC if I could use Paypal. 😋

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 3 September 2011 at 10:46 PM

*lightbulb*

What if Ian tried to get CC purchasable through Amazon? Then people could buy Amazon cards/pre-paid cards (like those ones you can get at a grocery store) and then buy CC that way?

@meteoroid do you think that woud work? xP

Female
312 posts

feathershaft • 3 September 2011 at 10:52 PM

@lizardfeather Great idea!

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 3 September 2011 at 10:58 PM

I think this is a great idea, but they shouldn't be sold in stores. It would be possible to sell them online, though. ^^

9,386 posts

smilies • 3 September 2011 at 11:00 PM

@ladybugheart The point is that you don't need a credit card... :/

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 3 September 2011 at 11:01 PM

@smilies Wait, you need a credit card to buy stuff online?

*fails epically* xD

9,386 posts

smilies • 3 September 2011 at 11:03 PM

@ladybugheart xD Yes.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 3 September 2011 at 11:03 PM

@smilies Aww. D:

*noms melon*

Deleted • 3 September 2011 at 11:06 PM

Yeah, I'd like that ^^ I'd be convenient, but Isn has to put a lot of effort and money in it...

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 3 September 2011 at 11:06 PM

@fuzzydragon
i suggested that on my old account ^^"

Male
529 posts

frosty • 3 September 2011 at 11:25 PM

It's not gonna happen. Or at least most likely not.
I sent a ticked to Ian and he said it's likely not to happen.

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 4 September 2011 at 12:28 AM

@frosty is right, Ian told me too when I asked him about it ☚ī¸ though I would love for this kind of thing to happen 😋

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 4 September 2011 at 12:34 AM

lol Moshi Monsters got huge all the sudden I think egg cave can make it XD

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 4 September 2011 at 12:39 AM

prepaid cards take a lot of effort to set up, and cost a lot to make. maybe if the site gets larger (a million players) like neopets, then @ian might think about it 😊

Female
696 posts

lillia • 4 September 2011 at 12:47 AM

*light bulb*
international bank in system1 8D
then we dont need credit card ;3
i used to do that in one of my favourite online game

Female
312 posts

feathershaft • 4 September 2011 at 2:01 AM

@carnatate Moshi Monsters is a rip-off! 😃

Wouldn't it be cool if we could just mail the check to Ian? Even if we were in a different country. In the "Olden Days" people used to ship mail around, so...can't we?

There would be a HUGE security problem though.

Guys, just leave it this way. Our lack of credit cards is what makes the eggs rare and that's what makes the site fun. Poor us, though.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 5 September 2011 at 2:10 PM

@fuzzydragon and others

This has indeed been suggested before and @meteoroid has pretty much explained why. It requires a crap ton of users in order for a major retailer (i.e. Walmart) to justify allowing a web site to have prepaid game cards in their stores. Although Egg Cave is a massive web site, it is not large enough for retail chains.

To help out those who want to purchase CaveCash but don't have a credit card, we have plans to open a P.O. box that would accept checks and/or cash. Think of it as a "CaveCash Processing Center." However, this is still currently in the works.

Thanks!

Topic closed.