Official Asteroid Plot Discussion

in General

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 6 July 2016 at 1:47 PM

Leveled up to 34 and finally starting to beat her on a regular basis ;.;

Wish we could get a sneak peak at our points and the prizes available. That'd really motivate me lol

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 6 July 2016 at 2:51 PM

I love this plot so far, but may I input some critiques? Not about the plot itself, but the way the battle page is setup structurally. I hate that I have to scroll down to confirm each attack, it gets quite annoying, to be honest, to the point where I set my page zoom to 50%(zoomed way out). If this becomes a permanent feature, I'd love to see the layout different so you don't have to scroll down to confirm the attacks/use attacks.

I can't wait to see the prize shop, this is my first plot on eggcave(I think? o.o) and I am curious what is in store for us and how many points I got throughout all this lol. I felt like I overdid it, but then again, I don't know what other people were up to.

Female
91 posts

yazibelle • 6 July 2016 at 2:53 PM

yeah it would be nice to know about like how many points we have 😸 not anything about the prizes, just to know how many points you have as a motivator!

Female
130 posts

deidi • 6 July 2016 at 4:58 PM

@cubexline ooh great advice!! thanks!! My page is just the default resolution and I do agree for the fact that it's annoying to scroll down on each page -.-

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 6 July 2016 at 5:49 PM

Made it to level 100. I'm dead.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 6 July 2016 at 6:08 PM

I have given up fighting, my attacks don't do anything anymore 😋 I'll just have to stick with mining 😋

Female
91 posts

yazibelle • 6 July 2016 at 6:55 PM

a question to those who want to answer it [please don't respond just to complain about how you can't, though]:
how many times have you beaten the queen? 😸 i have five times with my level 34 creature.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 6 July 2016 at 7:01 PM

@yazibelle
I've defeated her a couple dozen times, I think. I've kinda lost track.

Female
91 posts

yazibelle • 6 July 2016 at 7:02 PM

@orderedchaos whoa, that's a lot! congrats!

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 6 July 2016 at 7:16 PM

@yazibelle
3 times, I believe.

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 6 July 2016 at 7:21 PM

@yazibelle 10-20 times or more, I wasn't keeping count 😋

I wonder if at the end it'll tell us our individual damage done to her and other stats like that. I am curious how many regular parets I defeated too.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 6 July 2016 at 7:59 PM

@cubexline
Our apologies on that layout issue. Yes, it does get repetitious to constantly scroll down after the page reloads. The system will need to go through a massive overhaul and public testing if it were to become a permanent site feature. There are already quite a few things I would like to change. As far the prize shop, there are quite a few good things in store. Huge selection. 😉

@yazibelle
With how we decided to set up the event, unfortunately points are calculated in a such a way that makes them unreliable to show until the end of the plot. Admittedly, perhaps there should have been a prize preview of some sort.

While not Egg Cave's first plot, it is definitely the first of such a magnitude, lasting over several weeks and having larger-scale activities. A few kinks need to be straightened out for next time. Guess it's a learning process!

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 6 July 2016 at 10:01 PM

@Meteoroid
Thank you for the response 😃 I look forward to both the possibility of it becoming a new site feature and the prize shop. Cant wait to see it all. 😊

Female
373 posts

arvak • 7 July 2016 at 9:08 AM

I guess I'm an idiot. I don't get battling at all. I never understood Pokemon, so I guess that's why I can't get this. I found the chart with the weaknesses and stuff, but I think I've only won 2 minor battles so far. I hope that we get points for the prize shop based on finding materials and depositing them, because I don't foresee me ever beating the queen. 😋

OK...I think I figured out a little bit more about fighting...lol. I still think I'm better suited to mining! Good luck all you fighters!! ❤ī¸

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 7 July 2016 at 9:17 AM

@arvak If you know the strengths and weaknesses try doing critical attack-counter-basic attack-counter... and so on. Mostly never do defend, whenever I do it, it just makes me lose XD Hope this helped.

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 7 July 2016 at 9:30 AM

This plot is really cool, but I noticed something that makes it harder to smelt ingots. You can only do one at a time, and if you have fifty iron and you're making iron ingots you'd have to scroll down and click the button 25 times to use it all up. I think it could be made better if you could choose a number to smelt at a time instead of scrolling down and clicking the button a ton. I'd love if it became a permanent site feature. If you do that, you might not keep the mining and smelting stuff, but if you do keep that in, I'd love it if that change could be made.

Deleted • 7 July 2016 at 9:52 AM

Am I the only one lost in the mine? I basically can get to only 2 rooms and they're empty as I've already been there....

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 7 July 2016 at 9:53 AM

@peachycupcake525:
I'm not sure if what I've been doing to speed up smelting is ok/allowed, but what I do is click the smelt button rapidly until I think I have used up that material and it smelts multiple that way. I hope I haven't been potentially breaking eggcave XD I wouldn't see why it would be bad for eggcave, but who knows >.<

Female
373 posts

arvak • 7 July 2016 at 10:43 AM

@gymnastics001
I noticed that I always died when trying to use defend as well. Thank you for those tips. I'm sure I'll try it again when I'm less frustrated. 😸 I know my creatures are super low levels, so if I can just get a few to win some, I think I'll be able to do better.

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 7 July 2016 at 11:17 AM

I've finally leveled up over 35, but now I can't find the queen XD Typical.... Ugh.... I just want to see if I can beat her now.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 7 July 2016 at 1:26 PM

Thanks to your mining efforts, Ambassador Thrakhis orders a Storticai Strike on:
July 7 at 9:42 am EST for 5,100,000 damage!

-

YAY!

Female
12 posts

rockchick6000 • 7 July 2016 at 2:29 PM

Anyone else not been able to find the queen yet? I play for ages at a time & still don't seem to find her ☚ī¸ On the plus side, my creature is leveling up nicely as I'm going along haha

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 7 July 2016 at 2:54 PM

@rockchick6000 :
Take note of the text at the bottom of the page(example: There are hissing noises coming from all directions.). If you see that message again, pick a different path from that area that you didn't take last time(like if you picked the middle tunnel, pick right or left this time). I suggest writing key words down from the statements made in each tunnel and the path you take to keep track and map as you go along.

Good Luck finding her, she is tricky to find if you get lost, I had that issue too lol, spent maybe 30mins-1hr trying to find her after taking one wrong turn 😋

Female
12 posts

rockchick6000 • 7 July 2016 at 2:55 PM

@cubexline Okay thank you! I'll definitely do that from now on!! I just found her about 5 minutes ago, yay at last, but defeating her is seeming hard. I shall persevere though!

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 7 July 2016 at 3:12 PM

@rockchick6000

I managed to get from level 34 to 41 this afternoon with all the battles I found and no queen XD I'm stopping for today and hoping I have better luck tomorrow.

Female
12 posts

rockchick6000 • 7 July 2016 at 3:15 PM

@Barbyka that's a good idea! I'm going to keep battling now & try to level up some more before I go back to her, she's way too strong for me at the minute.

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 7 July 2016 at 3:17 PM

@rockchick6000

As far as I saw the comments we could beat her with level 34-35. I found her on level 32, but I didn't fight her. And now I can't find her....Go figure.

Female
12 posts

rockchick6000 • 7 July 2016 at 3:27 PM

@Barbyka

Mines a level 43 but can't seem to defeat her. I'll only level up a bit more & try and find her again then.

Yeah I have a fear I won't be able to find her again when I want to.

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 7 July 2016 at 5:10 PM

@vivimorena
Most easy thing to remember is that the left mine goes up, the middle left goes right, the middle right goes down and the right mine goes left (it kind of goes in a circle). Keep a look out for moments when there are no blocks, or when you are in a corner and there is only one block it means there is still one room left to explore 😃

Deleted • 7 July 2016 at 5:14 PM

@blub Thanks, I'll try to remember. I'm on 8th mine now simply by clicking like crazy all over the mines 😃