[Bird] August creature suggestion, the Rhody (special story for a very special chicken)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think about the Rhody (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 22 June 2016 at 2:37 PM

Hi there, people of Eggcave! I've made a creature suggestion, Although this is gonna be slightly different then most, As this is based off of my real life pet chicken, Rhody.
Rhody was 6 years old, almost 7 when she passed. I got her as a 2 day old baby chick nearly 7 years ago. I miss her so much. :'(

August 24th, 2009
May 4th, 2016

Also, there are NO chicken pet's on Eggcave! 😱 And it is high time that one gets made! 😊
EDIT -Now the Shenxiao has been made, so there is now a chicken pet on Eggcave! But that's a rooster, and we still need a Hen 😉

I also don't have a drawing of the pet for the suggestion. But what I DO have are real life pictures! 😊 But what I did for the egg is I downloaded a picture of an egg on here (sorry if that's not allowed, I only did it to show what I was thinking of for it!) And colored it in so you'd get the idea of what I wanted. Just a simple brown egg! Like what she hatched from. 😊
The other 2 stages are exactly what I'm thinking of for the pet if it was to be made. 😊

http://tinypic.com/m/jjrc55/4

Those images are exactly what
I'm thinking for it!
Also, feel free to not use the feed stats, I based them off of a chicken! 1st is 21 feeds, because it takes 21 days for a chicken to hatch. And 300 feeds for last stage because it takes about a year for a chicken to be it's full adult size (although sometimes longer depending on the breed)

Rhody's Story

Now I would so, so love to have Rhody on Eggcave because Rhody was an extremely loving chicken. She would let me hold her for hours sometimes (Sometimes I would sit on the couch with her in my lap and watch TV with her there and she never complained about it) and if/when she got sick, I would make her a nest in my bed and let her rest until she felt better. And sometimes, I would sit in the coop with her and just pet her, and she always ran up to me and let me pick her up, no complaints. She was honestly my best friend, My first chicken ever. And I miss her really badly now that she's not here with me or my other babies anymore. ;-;
Actually, Just 3 days before she died, She wouldn't eat any of her food at all, So I went out there with some cooked & chopped up to chicken size spaghetti noodles and hand fed them to her (I didn't force feed her or anything like that, I just put my hand to her eye so she saw the food and ate it out of my hand) Because I couldn't bear the thought of her being hungry.
She's also very tough because a few years ago.. She lost her right eye due to an accident. And she got an infection and actually almost died due to it. She wouldn't eat for 2 weeks (despite me trying to hand feed her, But luckily she drank water when I held it to her) And she lost a LOT of weight! But she held up, And after 3 weeks of applying heavy duty antibiotic ointment that we had to get from our vet for her, the infection went away and she began to eat again and got better! And she learned to live with only one eye. Although I always had to come up to her from her left side from then on otherwise she'd jump and run if I did from the right because she couldn't see me.

And it doesn't HAVE to be August that it gets released on, but I'd love it to be since her birthday is August 24th. Just makes it that much more special! 😸

Rhody Description

EGG

Wow, What's this? An egg? What a surprise! Wonder what it could be. It looks like a chicken egg...

HATCHED CREATURE

Wow, What a beautiful chicken! I think i'll call this lovely bird, Rhody.
The Rhody is a very special chicken indeed. They are kind, loving, caring & a great mother to any & all other birds. Despite whether they're actually their children, related to them in any way or even the same species of bird as them! They're also very friendly towards people. Especially if you have they're favorite treat, Which is cracked corn! Feed a Rhody some cracked corn and they'll love you for life!
They're also very fond of cuddling, being pet, talked to (they'll make very long, drawn out sounds to you back if you speak to them!) and just loved in general. They have a lot of love to give, So they make very good first pets for people of all ages! Especially younger children as they'd never be aggressive ever! It's just not able to happen, It's not in their DNA to be mean to anything, They literally couldn't be mean in any way.
Rhody's live pretty long for a chicken, Living to about 6 and a half years. And they know once their time is coming to leave this world. When they're soon to leave, They huddle around all their loved ones and get into the middle of them, And all the other chickens will continue to snuggle to the Rhody until the Rhody passes, Surrounded by it's friends and loved ones, They go to the other side happy, with no regrets.

Feel free to change it some if you'd like.

I Also don't mind what kind it gets released as, Since i'll be getting one either way. But I'd love to have it as a monthly so I can collect a few. 😊

Now I know this is a long shot of being made. But I'd still love it so much if my baby could be a real Eggcave pet. So I can at least see her everyday on here since I can't anymore in real life. But I'm still happy that I got to know her for as long as I did, and I'm grateful for every second that I got to spend with her. Because she was the sweetest birdie ever, And there'll never be another like her.

But I'd appreciate it to the moon and back if it could happen! And I very much so hope it will! ❤ī¸

#creaturesuggestion ❤ī¸ 😊

Deleted • 23 June 2016 at 11:03 AM

@savannahall

I think this is a very good idea, it's definitely time for eggcave to get a chicken creature! If you could get someone to draw her for you, or draw her yourself, then I think it would be even better. 😊

I'm sorry for your loss ❤ī¸

Deleted • 23 June 2016 at 7:47 PM

@savannahall
Sorry for your loss, but using that for insparation is very creative

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 24 June 2016 at 11:34 AM

@jrw48 - There REALLY needs to be a chicken pet on here! 😊 & I would draw it, But I am terrible at drawing. and I thought that maybe if I can use her pictures then (assuming it get's made) it would capture more of her loveliness. And I also don't think i'll be able to find someone to draw her ☚ī¸

@togepi360 - Thank you, I miss her tons, But I got to be with a long time and I buried her right next to the chicken coop (which is also side by side to her best friend named Feathers who died 2 years ago) so symbolically, She can always be with me. ❤ī¸
I got the idea about it when I was writing her story on my Honk named Rhody. I thought it would be lovely to have a Rhody on here so I could keep her at the top of my cove and I could still see her everyday. ❤ī¸

Ping (I know you won't mind 😊)

@immortalraven

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 24 June 2016 at 12:48 PM

@savannahall
Thumbs up c;

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 24 June 2016 at 12:51 PM

@immortalraven - thank you! 😊

So hoping I can have Rhody on eggcave. 😊

959 posts

inhabitant • 24 June 2016 at 1:06 PM

@savannahall

You're right about the no chicken pets on EC, here's to hoping Rhody gets turned into a creature here.

Thumps up and wishing you luck with this ❤ī¸

I'm also sorry for your loss *huggles*

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 24 June 2016 at 1:23 PM

@inhabitant - Aww thank you ❤ī¸ I miss her so much, But at least I got to know her for a long time & be good friends with her. ❤ī¸

I really hope it can happen! Eggcave needs Rhody! 😊

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 30 June 2016 at 10:07 AM

@savannahall Aww... We really do need chickens in EC! And R.I.P Rhody ☚ī¸

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 30 June 2016 at 12:21 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 - Yes we do! And yes, May she rest in peace. ❤ī¸

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 2 July 2016 at 8:02 PM

@savannahall oh goodness you are so right! 😱 No chickens. O_o we need chickens

And poor Rhody. ☚ī¸ Sounded like such a cute chicken.. ❤ī¸

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 2 July 2016 at 8:34 PM

@savannahall I totally never even thought about it but there aren't any chicken creatures.... 😱 At least not one I can think of.

I'm sorry about Rhody. ☚ī¸ But, I totally vote for this creature. However, I wish there would be a stage when it's just a little chick as well because chicks are so cute.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 3 July 2016 at 9:43 AM

@savannahall
I like it! EggCave needs a chicken creature, and a creature with such background could never hurt! 😊 You should ask around and maybe someone could draw it for you! 😃 I'd love to see the finished product! ❤ī¸ R.I.P Rhody ❤ī¸

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 1 May 2017 at 7:29 PM

Bumping this so more people can see Rhody! 😊

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 15 May 2017 at 12:19 AM

@savannahall luv it ❤ī¸ sad for Rhody

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 19 May 2017 at 8:55 PM

Thank you! 😊 and yes, I'm every sad about her to. But at least she can always live on in my heart ❤ī¸

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 20 May 2017 at 12:51 AM

#Vote4Rhody

@savannahall

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 20 May 2017 at 12:24 PM

@savannahall totally think this should be made. I would definitely want ond. It's an amazing idea, and your story about Rhody made me tear up. So sweet. ❤ī¸

Female
409 posts

savannahall • 20 May 2017 at 5:38 PM

@birdlover64 - Thank you so much! I teared up writing it too. But I really hope she gets picked, sooo badly ❤ī¸