☆ Anime, Manga, Idols and Utaite ☆

in Entertainment

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 7 September 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hello!

I'm here to see if there is anyone that enjoys Japanese media (as an umbrella term, if you will)! I'm personally a fan of what is in the title, and I'm really hoping to find people who share similar interests!

If you enjoy any kind of Japanese pop-culture related things, or you're curious about something that can be confronted on this topic, please feel free to leave a reply! ❤️

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 19 September 2016 at 6:00 AM

@lzumi hello i was to write on here before but completely forgot lol

im into japanase music my favourites being flow and spyair i guess that counts me in the rock section lol 😋

erm im a hugh anime fan from naruto, bleach to ones that many people dont know such as bus gamer 😃.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 September 2016 at 7:20 AM

@lzumi
Hey there! I just finished both seasons of Code Geass and I definitely recommend it. It's a great anime that questions different morals and it's similar to Death Note in the sense that it's a battle between two great sides who believe that they are both justice.

@cloud-n-bolts
I remember many episodes of Naruto when it was on tv many years ago. I remember the Chunin exams and the snake guy whose name I always forget. A friend of mine loves Naruto and he talks to me about many of the different characters and I've seen the last ~10 episodes of Shippuden and the Pain fight. I do plan on watching all of Shippuden when I am bothered to get it.

I enjoy cosplay quite a lot, I love looking at the costumes that fans have made and how real the characters can look. One of my recent favourite cosplays that I've seen is the Pokemon Go team leader Spark. It's so good and if I see it again I'll definitely send the link.

I'm a fan of Vocaloid music. My favourite artists are AkiGlancy (Empath-P), Circus-P and SweetRevengeK.

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 19 September 2016 at 11:14 AM

@cloud-n-bolts

I've never heard of them before, I'll check them out! ❤️

I haven't watched Naruto or Bleach, mainly due to how many episodes there are, and I've just generally never really seen the appeal. I suppose I'm quite overwhelmed by how many episodes each of them have, lol. I've always been a fan of shorter series, like No.6 and Danganronpa: The Animation, so maybe I'm just stuck in my old ways? Overall, I guess I'd be happy to give watching them a go, but I'm sure I won't be able to finish, lol.

@mastergemma

I never actually finished Death Note after a *cough* certain episode *cough*, but it was quite fun to watch. I think I've seen some clips from Code Geass and one of my friends is currently watching it, so I might give it a go 😊

I like cosplay too! It's amazing how people can recreate all those different characters while using such intricate detail ;v;. I'm personally on Team Mystic, but I won't lie, Spark has an amazing character design. He reminds me of Sora Harukawa from Enstars!

I quite like the work of Kikuo and Jin, Aishite being my favourite song by Kikuo and Outer Science being my favourite song by Jin. I'll be sure to check out all of those artists in the future 😊

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 19 September 2016 at 2:59 PM

I love Anime and recently started to watch again, so if you guys would like to swap recommendations, I'd be more than happy to!

I've been finding the seinen and psychology/thriller genre to be my favorite lately when I need to watch something captivating. Psycho-Pass and Jinn (you'll get used to the animation style eventually) are two that I highly recommend.

Been watching Naruto since it first aired in the US but couldn't go on after Itachi died and the Akatsuki were defeated. Checked in for the finale though. So nice to see them married with kids ;.;

Finally got to finish Yu Yu Hakusho years after it ended (wish the mangaka didn't end it in such a rush) and got started on the Sailor Moon remake out of curiosity since I liked the show when I was little.

The longer running anime/manga can be daunting, especially the fillers!!, but they can also be nostalgic if you've been watching them for nearly a decade. Also great for marathons when there's nothing else to watch. Need to catch up on Bleach, though. Haven't watched an episode since we were first introduced to the Soul Reaper Society lol

@lzumi @cloud-n-bolts @mastergemma

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 19 September 2016 at 3:22 PM

@element

Ooh, Psycho-Pass seems somewhat familiar...I don't think I've heard of Jinn, though. I need to make a to-do list, lol 😊

I'm not too familiar with those genres, but I would definitely recommend Danganronpa: The Animation. It's a murder mystery and the plot follows the path of a boy called Makoto Naegi, who is actually likeable! If you ever watch it and want to see some kind of sequel, Justonegamr on YouTube did a playthrough of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (the game) with no narration.

Heheh, when Akatsuki was mentioned, I thought of the Enstars group of the same name. I thought that there was actually another Enstars fan other than me for a moment lol 😉

I love the feeling of running back through an old manga or rewatching your favourite episode of an anime. I remember one time when me and my best friend were watching two separate anime at the same time and we both started crying. I think I was watching an episode of Black Butler (I'm not gonna lie, the manga is so beautiful that I forgot how different the art was for the anime) and he was watching Akame Ga Kill, when one of his favourite characters...er...did a boopy doopy and went to Heaven....We were two complete messes, lol 😊

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 19 September 2016 at 6:17 PM

@mastergemma hello! haha the chunin exams god times 😃 sadly i wasn't able to watch them on tv ☹️ i was kinda too young/ not born 😋 oh im addicted to naruto i think i would understand your friend well 😃.

@element hey! if your into short animes i would recommend something like steins gate its a little hard to get into but really amazing once you do 😃 erm for longer i dunno i like stuff such as D.gray-man that series is amazing 😃

@lzumi well they sing a lot for anime so most likely youve heard them around lol 😋 hehe i love a longer series it annoys me when i just fall in love with a series but then its gone ☹️ short are good for inbetween for me when i have gaps of watching a good anime 😃

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 19 September 2016 at 10:09 PM

@lzumi
Oh, it's Ajin. My bad. Yeah, give them a try! They were addicting and I died a little when they ended.

Just read the summary. Sounds intense! I'll watch a few episodes tonight before I go to sleep! Seinen can touch on controversial subjects and introduce thought provoking material. It's a breath of fresh air sometimes from the silly, action packed, oppai nonsense IMO. Ghost in the Shell and Berserk are two popular anime that fall under seinen, if you've heard of them?

Ah, not a fan (yet). Sorry ;.; I googled Enstar, and I see that it's getting an anime adaptation. Could tell me more about it?

No tears for me yet but maybe if I rewatch some Naruto or YYH it might happen xP So far I've just been gagging a little at the optimism of most of the shounen protagonists. Ah, I hate it when a favorite character dies. Pretty much ruins the entire show.

@cloud-n-bolts I've heard about steins gate! It's on my to watch list but idk if I'm ready for that emotional roller coaster yet lol Oh, what's d-gray man about? I'll check that out too 😊

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 20 September 2016 at 3:46 AM

@element yeah steins gate is an emotional rollercoaster but its really awesome to see the way the main character reacts to the "issues" that he goes through. it can be sad to watch but overall the in between humour makes it a great balance for a anime 😃

how to explain this without spoiling anything.... well the main character Allen walker is something called a Exorcist for a group called the black order. their job is too destroy akuma but these are the souls of the dead which allen wishes to save (youll find out why if you watch it 😋). Yeah i have to say it starts off slow but its still so enjoyable to watch its a light pace anime but also has a few gripping story lines but as the series progress wow its amazing 😃.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 20 September 2016 at 8:30 AM

@cloud-n-bolts
I just started watching Stein's Gate! So far I'm enjoying it. The main character is a bit of a nutter but still enjoyable and the character interactions are beautiful.

@lzumi
It's beautiful how I know what episode you are referring to and don't worry, many people stopped after that horrid scene. Plus, the story suffered after you-know-what.

I love DanganRonpa s1! I want to learn more about the second DanganRonpa game since it doesn't have an anime but watching Youtubers play it isn't what I would enjoy. I really want to watch the new anime that recently finished but I don't know if it has any spoilers from SDR2 or the other games.

Tell them Naegi

I've heard of both of those producers, isn't Outer Science a part of the Kagerou Project? Kikuo scares me with her songs. They are so creepy yet beautiful and my favourite one would be Ten sho sho ten sho.

@element
I remember watching some of Yu Yu Hakusho. I borrowed it on DVD and loved it. I'm going to track down a copy of it so I can watch the whole thing. I do love the art style!

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 20 September 2016 at 12:33 PM

@cloud-n-bolts

Heheh, I wouldn't be surprised if I've secretly heard them before, lol. There's an advert going around YouTube recently for a movie called Kimi No Na Wa and it features songs for the band Radwimps. Funnily enough, I first saw it when it popped up right before I was listening to Setsunarensa....By Radwimps! 😊

I always find shorter anime much easier to watch because I know that I'm more likely to watch it to the end, because I have a bad habit of watching something and then completely forgetting about it lol. I've actually started Noragami recently, so I hope to get that finished and then start watching some of the anime everyone's mentioned ❤️

Edit: I've listened to both bands. To be specific, I listened to Sign by Flow and Imagination by Spyair - they're both really good! I actually plan on watching Haikyuu sooner or later, so I guess I'll have to get used to Imagination, lol 😊

@element

Ah, I know that feeling all too well. I watched No.6 in one day and felt completely empty for the next two weeks lol ;v;

I quite like the down to earth anime, no matter how much I say that they always ends up breaking my heart when something bad happens, or the anime ends. I'll check out a couple of anime from Seinen in time, I think 😊 I've heard of those two, so I suppose they're a good place to start!

Ahh, Enstars is getting an anime adaptation that's being expected to be released early next year. My predictions for the plot is that it will follow the manga, but go more into the issues of the School Council. For something you would see as really lighthearted, Ensemble Stars has a really good story about hierarchy, and all of the characters have really unique personalities! In fact, the only boy labelled as 'normal' or 'average' is Tomoya Mashiro. I really hope that the anime does justice to the game, though 😊

Heheh, I'm an overly sensitive person, so I get sad over everything, really. 😊 I find it so hard to find a good protagonist, but sometimes you'll find some really good ones.

@mastergemma

Lol, you're right! I think that introducing a certain duo so certain after the previous events was just like replacing someone who was really good with someone who can't do as good. It's kinda hard to explain, so please forgive me if I'm not making any sense lol 😊

It's so good! I finished it within a day in the school holidays, so I was a bit all over the place the next day, lol 😊.

You get to learn a lot more about the characters when you play the games. From my understanding, its because it takes a while for the murders to start. It makes the deaths a little bit more personal, in a way.

Justonegamr's playthrough is actually really good because it's 40 minutes - an hour of pure gameplay with no commentary. The games are more like visual novels until it comes to the Class Trials, so you never miss out on many decisions. There is an event called free times, where you get to spend time with the characters of your choice, but Justonegamr has compilations of them all together for each character, so you don't miss out on them. If you ever feel like you're missing out on Dangan2, I really recommend you give their playthrough a go 😊

Hmm...My friend has watched the 3rd anime, and if I'm right, there's a lot of plot twists. The one that recently finished has 12 new characters and 4 characters from the first anime. That one's the Future arc. Then there's the Despair arc, which has the characters from SDR2, but I think that there's barely any relation to the game (thanks to a certain friend telling me that my favourite character died in two different ways lol). I hope that's some kind of help!

Yeah, Outer Science was supposed to be the last song, I think. I agree, Kikuo can make amazing songs and can somehow completely tear apart the border between creepy and calming. I'm definitely going to listen to more of her songs in October to get me in the Halloween mood, lol 😊

Female
109 posts

tammytamtam • 28 September 2017 at 10:53 AM

WEABOO LIVING IN KYOTO OTAKU MANY WAIFUS INSTANT WIN KONICHIWA WATASHI NO NAMAEWA SNOW KOCHIMARU DESU WATASHIS HALF NIPPON DESU WATASHIS AN OTAKU SO LOVE ANIME MANGA I READ SOME BUT MEH IDOLS U DONT HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING IDOLS WAIFUS x200 WITH LOVE LIVE IM@S AIKATSU PRIPARA AKB048 BAN G DREAM ETC

Female
5,407 posts

Orderedchaos • 28 September 2017 at 11:43 AM

@tammytamtam
Do not bump older inactive topics, this is spam and not allowed.

Due to the reason above this topic is now closed.