The Book Club :)

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 12 December 2016 at 9:10 PM

(I'm really sorry mods if I'm not allowed to make this topic but I searched it up and the topics are kinda outdated, feel free to delete/lock this topic if so 😊 I read the forum rules and checked all the topics that were relevant up to page 8 to see if they are similar and if they are outdated or not, most of them aren't even active and haven't reached past one page... Again, if you consider this as a same topic as another active topic, please do lock it 😊)
😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️😸❀️
If you love books, you have come to the right place 😊 Have a book that you really want to discuss but cannot find someone to discuss with? Try find someone here and try your luck 😊 Do you love books? Do you read lots? Here is the place πŸ˜ƒ This is a topic for all those who love books and want to have a discussion 😊

Rules:
1. If you wish to discuss about a book, please do it in a PM (private mail) instead of on this topic to avoid giving out spoilers! The last thing you want (unless you're me, I ❀️ spoilers XD) is that the story of your favourite series is ruined!
2. If someone wants to read a book that you have read, you can write a mini blurb but do not contain vital parts of the story!
Trust me, I've done that before.. I ruined the end of the Harry Potter series for my sister, and she was furious πŸ˜‹ (And I also gave out a spoiler from the Cursed Child, but thank goodness she didn't realise! 😱)
3. Have fun and read to your hearts content 😊

What to do at the Book Club:
1. Recommend your favourite books!
2. Quiz each other (in a PM aka Private Mail) about the events in the book!
3. Discuss the events in a book!
4. Give out little blurbs to thsoe who want to read a book you've read!

Before you join:
1. Read everything (apart from the beginning, that's just for mods πŸ˜‹)
2. Fill out this form:
User:
Joined EC:
Favourite Books:
Books I want to read:

Why do you have to write what your favourite books are?
So someone else can find you and go like YAY Now we can discuss this book (in a PM aka Private Mail πŸ˜‹)
Why do you have to write what books you want to read?
So other people can tell you if it's good or not and give you a little blurb 😊

Hope you enjoy this clulb and happy reading πŸ˜ƒ

Member List:
User: @Leafmelody
Joined EC: October 2nd 2013
Favourite Books/Authors/Series: J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), Raina Telgemeier (Sisters, Smile, Ghosts, Drama, Baby Sitters Club #1), J.K. Rowling/Jack Thorne (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child)
Books I want to read: Raina Telegemeier (Baby Sitters Club #2, #3 and #4), J.K. Rowling (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Original Screenplay)

User: @rileytibbles
Joined EC: July 2010 (yikes I'm old)
Favorite Books: Lolita, Les Miserables, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lady Chatterley's Lover, The Count of Monte Cristo, the Harry Potter series (duh), & Atonement
Books I want to read: Sons and Lovers (reading rn), Time Was Soft There (reading rn), literally all the books. I have so many I've bought and have yet to read so I need to get on that!

User: @Ushafuse
Joined EC: 26 Oct 13
Favourite Books: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Harry Potter series, Roald Dahl, The Giver, and I need to remember my book titles.
Books I want to read: Reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower, wanna read The Martian, The Revenant and Room. Not incidentally, they are all adapted into movies And of course To Kill A Mockingbird.

User: @Izziebee1017
Joined EC: May 20th, 2014
Favourite Books: omg I can't even list them all. Hunger Games trilogy, anything by John Green, Warrior Cats series, Throne of Glass series, anything by Rick Riordan. There's even more that I can't think of.
Books I want to read: I've started the Twilight series, and I want to finish them. I also want to read some books by Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson; I've heard good things about them.

User: @emeraldstar
Joined EC: 21st of May I think. XD In 2016
Favourite Books: All the Harry Potters (Haven't read the cursed child, not a fan of it because it's the film script, not an actual book.) All the Narnia books, Percy Jackson and a lot more.
Books I want to read: Warrior cats

User: @Peachycupcake525
Joined EC: April 10, 2015
Favourite Books: Wings of Fire, Warrior Cats, those other two series called Survivors and Seekers that were written by the same author, Spirit Animals, the Narnia books, a bunch of random other books that I can't think of right now, and probably some other stuff that I can't think of right now but like. Plus way too much little kid stuff that I like for some reason. Like, I enjoy the 20-sentence or whatever books about superheroes or whatever that are mostly pictures for some weird reason.
Books I want to read: Talons of Power in the Wings of Fire series, and whatever new books come out in Warrior Cats and Survivors.

User: @Teddy267
Joined EC: March 16, 2015
Favorite Books: Miss Peregrines series, series of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter, Eyes of the Dragon, and everything by James Patterson
Books I want to read:
Watership Down, I'm in the middle of the Selection series, and I would love to finish it, my parents LOVE Stephen King, and I really want to get more into his writing, but I'm "Too Young". "It" is the book I want to read the most. Clowns!! I'm always open to reading other books, too. Reading is my life

User: @valeriem205 (book-a-holic)
Joined EC: Dec. 21, 2016
Favorite Books: Wings of Fire, The Inheritance Cycle, all of Rick Riordan's books, Beautiful Creatures, The Hunger Games, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Deadly Design, We Were Liars, Fablehaven, and many more.
Wishlist Books: Twilight, Dark Surf, Divergent Series

User: @cinderheart99
Favourite books:
- Magonia (Magonia#1)
- Aerie (Magonia#2)
- The Giver
Wishlist:
- The Last Dragon Chronicles (by Chris D'Lacey)

Female
16 posts

encalop • 12 December 2016 at 9:13 PM

Member List 😊

User: @Leafmelody
Joined EC: October 2nd 2013
Favourite Books/Authors/Series: J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), Raina Telgemeier (Sisters, Smile, Ghosts, Drama, Baby Sitters Club #1), J.K. Rowling/Jack Thorne (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child)
Books I want to read: Raina Telegemeier (Baby Sitters Club #2, #3 and #4), J.K. Rowling (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Original Screenplay)

User: @rileytibbles
Favorite Books: Lolita, Les Miserables, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lady Chatterley's Lover, The Count of Monte Cristo, the Harry Potter series (duh), & Atonement
Books I want to read: Sons and Lovers (reading rn), Time Was Soft There (reading rn), literally all the books. I have so many I've bought and have yet to read so I need to get on that!

User: @Ushafuse
Favourite Books: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Harry Potter series, Roald Dahl, The Giver, and I need to remember my book titles.
Books I want to read: Reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower, wanna read The Martian, The Revenant and Room. Not incidentally, they are all adapted into movies πŸ˜‹ And of course To Kill A Mockingbird.

User: @Izziebee1017
Favourite Books: omg I can't even list them all. Hunger Games trilogy, anything by John Green, Warrior Cats series, Throne of Glass series, anything by Rick Riordan. There's even more that I can't think of.
Books I want to read: I've started the Twilight series, and I want to finish them. I also want to read some books by Lauren Myracle and Maureen Johnson; I've heard good things about them.

User: @emeraldstar
Favourite Books: All the Harry Potters (Haven't read the cursed child, not a fan of it because it's the film script, not an actual book.) All the Narnia books, Percy Jackson and a lot more.

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 12 December 2016 at 9:18 PM

User: <---

@leafmelody

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 12 December 2016 at 9:19 PM

@rileytibbles
Okie, adding you now πŸ˜ƒ
We both read Harry Potter YAY! πŸ˜ƒ Who wants to start a Private Mail? 😊

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 14 December 2016 at 5:53 AM

@leafmelody May I join?

User: Ushafuse
Favourite Books: A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Harry Potter series, Roald Dahl, 1984, and I need to remember my book titles.
Books I want to read: Reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower, wanna read The Martian, The Revenant and Room. Not incidentally, they are all adapted into movies πŸ˜‹ And some more, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Book Thief,

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 5:58 AM

@ushafuse
Ya sure πŸ˜ƒ I'll join you into the Harry Potter Chat πŸ˜ƒ Warning: Have you read the Cursed Child? If not, there may be some spoilers...

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 14 December 2016 at 6:00 AM

@leafmelody Yup, but I've almost forgotten the plot :v

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 6:01 AM

@ushafuse
Okay I will add you now 😊

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 14 December 2016 at 4:32 PM

@leafmelody

ME I NEED TO JOIN

User: Izziebee1017

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 14 December 2016 at 5:04 PM

@izziebee1017
Adding ya in πŸ˜ƒ So far, no similarities... But have you read Harry Potter? 😱 There is a chat for that 😊

Female
1,475 posts

emeraldfirefly • 14 December 2016 at 10:23 PM

@leafmelody

User: @emeraldfirefly
Joined EC: December 13, 2015
Favourite Books: Warrior Cats, The Selection Series, Ranger's Apprentice Series, The Secret Series, and so many more that I can't remember 😊
Books I want to read: I want to read the rest of the Throne of Glass series, since I've only read the first book of it. I want to read the Heir and the Crown which are both part of the Selection Series.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 December 2016 at 3:09 AM

@leafmelody

User: emeraldstar

@emeraldfirefly I have the last but one of the throne of glass. I started reading it but I found a rude word and realised it was a 13+ book. XD

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 17 December 2016 at 3:11 AM

@emeraldstar
Will ad you after, eating dinner 😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 December 2016 at 3:13 AM

@leafmelody Thank you xD As there's so many Potterheads maybe we could start a Hogwarts rp? That would be fun.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 17 December 2016 at 3:33 AM

@emeraldstar
I can add you into the Harry Potter Chat in mail 😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 December 2016 at 3:42 AM

@leafmelody Thank you 😊

242 posts

peachycupcake525 • 27 December 2016 at 11:23 PM

User: Peachycupcake525
Joined EC: April 10, 2015
Favourite Books: Wings of Fire, Warrior Cats, those other two series called Survivors and Seekers that were written by the same author, Spirit Animals, the Narnia books, a bunch of random other books that I can't think of right now, and probably some other stuff that I can't think of right now but like. Plus way too much little kid stuff that I like for some reason. Like, I enjoy the 20-sentence or whatever books about superheroes or whatever that are mostly pictures for some weird reason.
Books I want to read: Talons of Power in the Wings of Fire series, and whatever new books come out in Warrior Cats and Survivors.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 29 December 2016 at 7:09 PM

@leafmelody

User: Teddy267

Joined EC: March 16, 2015

Favorite Books: Miss Peregrines series, series of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter, Eyes of the Dragon, and everything by James Patterson 😸

Books I want to read:
Watership Down, I'm in the middle of the Selection series, and I would love to finish it, my parents LOVE Stephen King, and I really want to get more into his writing, but I'm "Too Young". "It" is the book I want to read the most. Clowns!! I'm always open to reading other books, too. Reading is my life πŸ˜ƒ

Female
38 posts

valeriem205 • 31 January 2017 at 12:13 AM

@leafmelody

User: valeriem205 (book-a-holic)

Joined EC: Dec. 21, 2016

Favorite Books: Wings of Fire, The Inheritance Cycle, all of Rick Riordan's books, Beautiful Creatures, The Hunger Games, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Deadly Design, We Were Liars, Fablehaven, and many more.

Wishlist Books: Twilight, Dark Surf, Divergent Series

@teddy267
Watership Down was a good book and the Selection Series was GREAT!

Deleted • 31 January 2017 at 7:21 AM

Favourite books:
- Magonia (Magonia#1)
- Aerie (Magonia#2)
- The Giver

Wishlist:
- The Last Dragon Chronicles (by Chris D'Lacey)

If anyone knows any similar books to the ones listed above, please pm or post to let me know. Also, please keep book recommendations within the section of appropriate books for 13-14 year-olds.

Thx 😊

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 31 January 2017 at 7:36 AM

@peachycupcake525
Adding πŸ˜ƒ Saw nothing that I read thou :/
@teddy267
YEA HARRY POTTER ;D
@valeriem205
I read The Lightning Thief? πŸ˜‹
@cinderheart999
Haven't heard of em sorry :/

Adding you all tomorrow, it's 10:37 PM o.o

Female
38 posts

valeriem205 • 31 January 2017 at 9:03 AM

@peachycupcake525
How many of the Wings of Fire books do you have? I have all of them, including Talons of Power and LegendsπŸ˜ƒarkstalker. Talons of Power isn't that good and Turtle is very boring.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 30 April 2017 at 10:30 PM

@leafmelody can I join the Harry Potter one?
@valeriem205 I love that series! I'm waiting for the next one O.o
I cannot choose my fav books. My fav seireis is Warriors! Who doesn't love em?

Female
38 posts

valeriem205 • 30 April 2017 at 11:54 PM

@iris1929578;I love warriors as well. I kinda got lost on series 3. book didn't come in on time

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 30 April 2017 at 11:55 PM

Oh. Now, I'm done, and I'm gonna read the whole series, all the books, all the series, again 😱 @valeriem205

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 2 May 2017 at 8:01 PM

@leafmelody
Not too late to join? 😊

User: Skyfall4
Joined EC: November 10 2016
Favourite Books: Wings of Fire, Warriors, Last Dragon Chronicles, plus a bunch I can't remember xD
Books I want to read: I don't know- I'm always hooked up onto a good book suggestion 😊