Creature Guide Writing Contest {CGWC}

in User Contests & Giveaways

What should the next theme be?

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 11 January 2017 at 1:10 PM

Hello Egg Cavers!

Me and @valleries1 decided "What if the creature care guides in the library had words in them?" WELL NOW THEY CAN!

But we can't do it alone...

Welcome to the first Creature Guide Writing Contest! We will set up a theme for each contest, and each contest's entries are due one month (unless me or one of the four "moderators" of the contest are absent) and winners will be announced within three days.

Don't worry, we'll leave up an example 😊

Rules:
1) Please use the creature descriptions from the Archives! We want the closest thing to how it would actually be. One really short paragraph on the egg and 1-2 good sized ones on the creature's behavior and needs.
2) Don't worry about grammar. We will have a topic where the version with correct grammar is published! We promise not to change what you wrote unless it was spelled wrong or words were accidentally switched 😃
3) Have fun! That's why we did this in the first place...
4) Respect due dates. If you are going on hiatus before the due date, please enter before. We DO NOT accept late entries!
5) One entry per person, per creature. Please do not enter from side accounts, or you will be disqualified. ☚ī¸
6) Please use the Obtained From, Population Index, Habitat, etc. We use this for organization 😊

Alright. Here is your first task:

Commons! We have available:
Tasma
Cayni
Pyraguin
Honk
And Salaslyke
Date due: 2/11/2017

Prizes:
1st: A copy of the creature guide sent to your inventory, a creature (depending on what one you wrote for. Example: Wrote for Tasma guide, gets a Tasma.)
2nd: A travel (rare<)
3rd: A food item (rare<)

OUR EXAMPLE: (don't stress about the length 😊)

Sweesh

Obtained from: Cave
Population Index: 143 of 555; subject to change.
Habitat: Forest
Length: 0.19 m
Weight: 0.14 kg
Retired; Availible September 1-30, 2014

Finding these eggs can be quite a challenge. This is mostly due to their size and the fact that they nest high up in the trees. To find one takes talent.

Sweeshes are nocturnal, making it a little difficult to care for them. They require a wide space and high perches, as they only come to the ground if they happen to be injured. They are very social creatures, so make sure your Sweesh has plenty of company. Groups of Sweeshes will help one another out to find food, water, and shelter. You will provide this. Sweeshes require the closest thing to their forest habitat as you can get.

Make sure you regularly feed your Sweesh and provide plenty of water and company. But most of all, love your Sweesh! They also pair well with other creatures!

Our moderators:
@leafstarofskyclan @runa @thewinterleopard @valleries1

Pings: (Sorry if you don't like them...)
@leafmelody @slyrioulu @lunawolf14 @bramblepond @emeraldstar @emilianagerson

34 posts

bramblepond • 11 January 2017 at 2:02 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
That sounds cool!

Male
463 posts

castielkix • 11 January 2017 at 3:38 PM

@leafstarofskyclan

Yay I'm a moderator XD

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 11 January 2017 at 3:40 PM

@runa Haha moderators can enter contests, too, but they can't judge. We need all the judges we can get, for now, so I guess we'll have to take turns. Moderators also get to write random ones that aren't up for a contest, like in the descriptions in the archives 😊

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 7 February 2017 at 11:39 PM

This is a great idea, I love it!! Pinging @ifi123