The Last Straw of Humanity

in Roleplaying

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 4 April 2017 at 3:10 AM

@panda9983 @ammolite @sheepfox @carter @faressain @lailaluckyseal87

Storm looked around. ''There is literally nowhere to go!" Said Storm angrily. She had already created a storm in her anger.

Spring looked at her older sister. "Storm, chill. I see people over there!" Said Spring cheerfully.

Storm rolled her eyes. "As if I wanna go meet them." Huffed Storm.

Spring sighed. "Fine. I'll go without you." She said.

Storm rolled her eyes. Even her 11 year old sister was more positive than her.

Spring walked towards the people. "Hi there!" She said cheerfully.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 4 April 2017 at 5:50 AM

"I hit my head." Alix said calmly. "It just started going black slowly." She smiled nervously.

@emeraldstar @panda9983 @ammolite @sheepfox @carter @faressain

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 4 April 2017 at 8:10 AM

@panda9883 @lailsliuckyseal87 @emeraldstar @ammolite @carter @faressain

"Hello." The small child looked really happy, despite the situation. "I'm Hope, what's your name?" Hope hoped they'd find a hospital soon. Hopeful Alix would be OK for a few minutes.

Male
584 posts

faressain • 4 April 2017 at 10:10 AM

@emeraldstar @panda9983 @ammolite @sheepfox @carter @lailaluckyseal87

I woke up and realized - I was knocked up unconscious ALL THE TIME? Nothing ever mattered since I got news about humanity cut-off... I tried to correct my glasses, but they slipped. I silently cursed. Yeah, that was rather annoying. Despite that, I saw they were broken... And I was a little deaf as well... But... did I see my own heat? No, that's just me... I shook the head again. Still that 'power'... Daaang, and I thought 'where is everyone'. I went outside, world ruined, some... heat? I noticed that and runned to source, not noticing, they were people... My thought was 'Are they friendly?'

(OOC: The one Trebonth come into was one of human group.)

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 4 April 2017 at 11:04 AM

Spring looked at Hope. "Hi Hope! I'm Spring! I'm eleven. See that grumpy girl over there?" She asked, pointing at Storm. "She's my older sister, Storm. HEY STORM!! Come here! They're friendly!" Yelled Spring.

Storm rolled her eyes and walked towards the group. "Sorry about my sister, she always wants to meet new 'friends'." Said Storm angrily.

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 4 April 2017 at 11:19 AM

@panda9983 @ammolite @sheepfox @emeraldstar @faressain @lailaluckyseal87
-

Helix's ear flicked. Off to his left was a growing sound of commotion. Originally it was faint enough to be ignored or maybe had even gone unheard by him. Now though, it was this growing chatter of a mass of people. Giving one kind of quiet bark into the building, Helix trotted off towards the sound, hearing a quiet "Hugo's found something" from the safe house.

As he got closer to the sound, he started to lay low, crawling on the ground and using overgrown plants for cover. However, as the mass of voices came into view, Helix realized they were mostly children. Some as small as maybe ten, others closer to his own age.

Deciding to risk it because he felt pretty good today and his odds of escape if things should turn bad seemed rather high, Helix padded out from behind the foliage and trotted up to the group of kids, tail wagging to show he was friendly. When he got nearer to them he sat down and gave one loud bark.

-
Helix Current Appearance: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QIOGmksIEik/TjIQf4rxFoI/AAAAAAAAAnw/13d1FvSRbRE/s1600/DSC_0210.JPG

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 4 April 2017 at 11:22 AM

"Aw cute!" Said Spring. She suddenly started barking back at the dog.

Storm looked at the others. "My sister speaks dog, it's totally normal for her.." said Storm.

(The words Spring barked were: 'Hello, I'm Spring. Can you help us please?')

Male
584 posts

faressain • 4 April 2017 at 12:01 PM

Duh, I was a little wrong... That was thief... I only noticed when I got punched... But then I grabbed him, on the arm, readying myself to knock him down, but then I noticed... He was poisoned? I laughed, because I couldn't maintain the emotions, while the thief was dying. Then I realized, I should've been finding survivors, so I went on again.

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 4 April 2017 at 1:16 PM

-
Helix was a little surprised that the girl started speaking his current tongue. The group, or at least one of them, was powered then. He made a note to be a little more careful around them, but none the less barked back to the girl. 'Hugo. What do you need?' Helix asked, looking to the world like a helpful dog. His tail continued to wag behind him and he looked over the group, trying to decide what to do with them. He could lead them to the shelter, let them take up more resources and hope they didn't cause trouble. Or, he could lead them astray, point them off in an arbitrary direction with promises of safety.

-
Helix Current Appearance: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QIOGmksIEik/TjIQf4rxFoI/AAAAAAAAAnw/13d1FvSRbRE/s1600/DSC_0210.JPG

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 4 April 2017 at 1:24 PM

Name: Caspian
Personality: He appears to be helpful and nice, sweet even, but in reality, Caspian only cares about himself. As long as he gets what he wants, he's happy. He will go through great lengths to get what he wants if it is that important to him. Caspian prides himself in acting and lying, two of his favored methods to lure others in a false sense of security. While his attitude makes it seem he is friendly and social, he actually has a strong distaste for people.
Appearance: Dark brown hair that is neatly brushed, or as neat as he can get it. It always ends up getting into a shaggy mess one was or another though. His skin is tanned and is kind of short for his age. Caspian's eyes are bluish brown. He also has a bit of a stubble. His clothing includes a pair of goggles on his head, camo baggy pants, tan hiking boots, white t-shirt, and a brown leather jacket with lots of pockets. A black holster holds a small black gun and a pocket on the inside of his jacket hides a small blade.
Power: Limited shape shifting (Can turn into a cat and dog with rabies which can be spread)
Weaknesses: Even though the rabies doesn't kill him, Caspian still feels all of it's affects such as insomnia, anxiety, and hydrophobia, to name a few. He easily gets sick. Also, he can't spread the rabies when in human form. Caspian feels the symptoms only as a human, but shows no physical signs. When a dog or cat he doesn't feel the symptoms, but shows physical signs like foaming at the mouth.
Other: His cat form is a fluffy back cat with Blueish brown eyes. His dog form is a German Shepard with one blue eye and one brown eye.

May or may not make another character if sign ups are still going on. ^^" @sheepfox

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 4 April 2017 at 2:21 PM

Spring smiled. ''We're looking for a hospital, do you happen to know about one nearby?'' Barked Spring.

Storm stared at her sister. ''Barking with a stranger is a totally normal thing to do Spring.'' Said Storm, rolling her eyes.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 4 April 2017 at 4:05 PM

"Umm.. Sorry, wasn't looking ahahaha" Aiden replied. He noticed that other people were here too. Thieves? Dunno. Humans? Possibly. Potato? Definitely not. He snickered at that thought. He noticed a girl talking-no, barking to a dog. What was in that orange juice?
Aiden shrugged and shoved the cup in his knapsack. This day was off to a nice start atleast. No? Oh ok.

@panda9983
@emeraldstar
@carter
@sheepfox
@lailaluckyseal87

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 4 April 2017 at 4:09 PM

@sheepfox
(If sign ups are still open. 😸)

Name: Alyssa Ravenhaus
Personality: Clumsy, 'weird', serious
Appearance: http://oi68.tinypic.com/5ed6wn.jpg
Powers: Vanishing - she can turn invisible at times.
Weaknesses: If she gets any liquid splashed on her while she's invisible, you can see where she is. She also can not hold her invisibility for very long.
Other: xx

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 4 April 2017 at 10:56 PM

-

Deciding to risk the girl's opinion of him, Helix replied. 'And why should I do that? I don't know you, you could hurt my person.' He claimed. In truth, he didn't feel overly attached to the woman who thought she owned him. He'd had many owners as dogs, cats, even a rat once or twice. Regardless though, he played the part, if one was going to change physically they had to seem to change mentally as well. His ears folded back and his tail stopped wagging, not quite looking aggressive but definitely concerned. Helix didn't want to give the girl a chance to suspect him an impostor.

-

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 5 April 2017 at 12:11 AM

@sheepfox @lailaluckyseal87 @ammolite

Tilting her head, Dawn started to think. Then she began growing some plants. "Here," she said. "These should help. You might have to rest your head. That should be the main problem, if it doesn't heal, then maybe it's an internal injury. But I won't open your head." Dawn joked.
~~~
Faith said, "Well you should introduce yourself. I'm Faith." Faith said warmly.

Name: Sarah
Personality: Shy, quiet, antisocial. She can be pretty negative sometimes
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/448600812856411514/
Power: She can summon animals
Weaknesses: She doesn't like doing big animals for it drains her power.
Other: She is an orphan after the nuking started. She is the only survivor of her town.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 5 April 2017 at 9:53 AM

Omg i'm sorry, all of you! I forgot to get on yesterday!
@pitch1226
@flowerlynx
@panda9983 all of you are accepted!

@lailaluckyseal87
@emeraldstar could i have a recap?

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 5 April 2017 at 2:37 PM

Name: Dallas
Personality: She is spunky and reckless,often rushing into things with thinking. Dallas is also mischievous and will purposely put herself in trouble. Adventure is top priority in her mind, the satisfaction of tricking people is a close second. When not causing problems, Dallas likes to kick back, relax, and enjoy herself. She isn't a fan of large groups and prefers to go solo, two other people at most. Anything but shy, she can occasionally be flirtatious however this trait is all show, mostly used if she is extremely desperate to escape a situation and used as a last resort. If not, then to annoy others.
Appearance: She has long, wavy, dark brown hair which seems to be styled in a different way each day. Tan skin, medium height, and ice blue eyes, Dallas wears all black. Clothing includes cowboy hat, bandit mask, stretchy pants, cowboy boots, long sleeved shirt, and western vest. Additionally, she has a black gun holster that carries to guns. Sometimes Dallas will disguise herself as a male to throw other off. When doing this she wears a black cloak and styles her hair. This is usually for working though.
Power: Shadow manipulation (Can blend/turn into shadows, use them as weapons, and travel through them)
Weaknesses: When a shadow, she is literally a silhouette of herself. This being said, if she is not hidden in other shadows, others can identify her by her shape. Also, despite being 2D when a shadow, Dallas can be pulled off whatever surface she is on which will turn her back into her human form. Furthermore, this method of turning back is more exhausting (turning back willfully drains her energy drastically however not as much as forcefully transitioning). When using shadows during the day, they are weaker and take more energy. Traveling using shadows uses an amount of energy similar to being forceful turned back into a human.
Other: Caspian's partner in crime

@sheepfox My love for western characters may or may not have leaked out.
It's fine! Here's another character. 😸

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 5 April 2017 at 2:49 PM

(I'm not pinging, and I've subscribed. 😋)

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 5 April 2017 at 3:13 PM

Oh yeah! I'm subscribed too! 😃 No need to ping me. Subscribed notifications take longer so sorry for late replies! ^^"

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 5 April 2017 at 3:18 PM

Good to know. I'll post... hopefully soon. O.o

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 5 April 2017 at 3:39 PM

@Sheepfox
RECAP: In a galaxy far, far away (Also known as the Milky Way) Spring came to meet the group with her grumpy, rebellious older sister Storm. Helix came to meet the group and Spring barked at him. She's currently asking Helix for help. Dawn has just been helping Alix with her head.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 5 April 2017 at 5:39 PM

@emeraldstar ah, ok.
Pitch, you're accepted!
@panda9983
@carter
@ammolite
@faressain
@lailaluckyseal87
You know, i'm gonna subscribe as well. I forgot about that feature.

Hope noticed that lots of people began gathering. Soon, they'd probably have every surviving person here with them! Hopefully no one here didn't like being around people.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 5 April 2017 at 9:00 PM

Sitting in the shady corner of a refugee camp's restaurant, Caspian irritably tapped on the table. While he impatiently waited, the teen examined his surroundings. The bartender was cleaning a glass with a surprisingly clean, but tattered rag. The restaurant, if he could even call the building that because of its condition of disrepair, wasn't crowded by any means, but the amount of visitors that were present was enough to disregard the lone figure. He wasn't surprised of the small population. Most had died from one thing or another that the wasteland had to offer.

He traced the rim of his glass, his fingers unwilling to sit still. Caspian could feel his heart beat racing, despite sitting perfectly still. The bags under his eyes felt like weights from not get a good amount of sleep the night before, but he was used to it by now. His eye lids slowly began to close and almost did until the door opened. A few guests turned while others, Caspian included, disregarded the newcomer. Black boots clicked on the rotting wood with each step. The young adult continued to ignore the advancing cloaked figured, all the way up until the person sat directly across from him at his table.

"Dallas," he mumbled in greeting.

"Caspian," the teen girl replied back.

"You're late. Again," Caspian impatiently growled. He glared at his partner in crime and was admittedly surprised that she chose to dress like a male for their task today. Dallas had tightly tucked her hair under her black cowboy hat and her cloak did a fair job hiding her feminine body structure.

"You're early. Your anxiety is making you paranoid. Anyway, what is the plan again? We're finally getting out of here, right?"

"You act as though you were the one waiting on me you little-" Taking a deep breath, Caspian tried again. "Yes. We've been here too long and we leave tonight. That way it'll be easier for you to use the shadows."

"Aw, you do care," Dallas cooed, smirking as Caspian rolled his eyes and replied, "I care about this being successful and if that means you saving energy so the heist will be easier, then so be it. Especially since I want to shadow travel." His last statement made Dallas frown.

"Shadow travel? Cas, you know-"

"Don't call me that."

"That uses a lot of energy. Not to mention, two people? Get real."

"We'll split the spoils forty sixty, you get the larger share. Do what you have to do in order to get us through. If you faint or pass out then I'll carry you or something, but I want that ammunition."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@emeraldstar
@panda9983
@carter
@ammolite
@faressain
@luckyseal87

1,853 posts

purgatory • 5 April 2017 at 9:19 PM

@pitch1226 oh gawd I thought u mean Cas (as in Castiel) from Supernatural XD

Aiden silently sang the song Paris in his head. Dang, that song was playing EVERYWHERE and it made it's way to his brain. He shook his head and smirked. Glancing down at his knapsack, he dug out a small yet thick book small as a can of fruit. The pages were a bit yellow since its old, which makes sense. His deceased grandpa received it from HIS deceased grandpa and then it got passed on to him. Trailing his fingers along the dusty spine of the book, he remembered when he first read the book, War and Peace. But no, this is about survival, not books ahahahaha.

@emeraldstar @panda9983 @carter @lailaluckyseal87

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 5 April 2017 at 10:56 PM

Faith was waiting quietly. Nothing to do she thought with a sigh. She looked at Aiden, who was doing something with her fingers.
~~
Sarah looked at the group. She was glad that she was hidden because she didn't know what to do. She studied the group ahead of her. They look fairly nice she thought. Slipping into a daydream, she imagined what the old days were like.

@emeraldstar @ammolite @carter @lailaluckyseal87 @pitich1226

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 April 2017 at 7:44 AM

@emeraldstar
@panda9983
@carter
@ammolite
@faressain
@lailaluckyseal87

Hope wanted to get to know everyone. But her thoughts were interrupted. Just then, a foul smell filled the air. It hasn't been THAT long since everyone took showers. No, but this smell was far worse. The area reeked with...a very strong smell.
Hope knew they were close to where the bomb dropped, but she had gotten used to the plain smell of radiation. This definitely wasn't just the air around them. She frantically looked around.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 6 April 2017 at 7:48 AM

Storm looked at Hope. "Smell that? Smells nuclear to me. We better get outta here." Said Storm.

Spring nodded. She then barked "Please, show us shelter. We need your help!"

Edit: No need to ping me. I'm subscribed.

Male
584 posts

faressain • 6 April 2017 at 7:58 AM

I was still walking forward, as I saw another heat source... I had no confusions that was human.

I decided to go for it... And then saw... A girl or two?

"Hello?" I 'whispered', but that was just my ears, because I yelled.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 April 2017 at 8:02 AM

@panda9983
@carter
@ammolite
@faressain
@lailaluckyseal87

"Right."
Before she could respond to the newcomer, she heard growling. She looked at the source, seeing a large dog. A Newfoundland, perhaps?
...But it was mutant.

Male
584 posts

faressain • 6 April 2017 at 8:17 AM

Drat... There was a mutant? I looked, too... Well, that's why they didn't respond... I tried to run fast, but... CURSED WEIGHT "Oooof." I fallen onto ground, but I shortly after got up. "Wait, maybe it's trial to me?" I thought. But it was getting hotter as it came...