The Last Straw of Humanity

in Roleplaying

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 9 April 2017 at 11:10 PM

Sure

...I also need a quick recap. I'm not quite sure where to jump in at this point....this role play exploded

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 9 April 2017 at 11:18 PM

@sheepfox
Hmmm...
It's not going to be super detailed XD anyways...

They all met up
Alyssa (played by me)got into an argument with Storm (played by Emerald)
Alyssa ran into another group, after getting away from Storm and Spring
The group was Dallas and Caspian (played by Pitch)
Alyssa accidentally hit Aiden (played by Ammo) in the head with a pebble
People started shipping Aiden and Alyssa
They had a conversation
Dallas and Caspian are getting ready for a heist, back at their refugee camp.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 10 April 2017 at 4:47 PM

As night fell, Dallas grinned mischievously and could feel the shadows around her move restlessly. Caspian had already turned into his cat form, a black fluffy cat with bluish brown eyes. His eye sight became better and more adjusted to the night's darkness. The feeling of sickness had disappeared, but his saliva was much more than normal, a thin coating of foam surrounding his mouth. He'd have to be careful not to get any on Dallas or else he'd pass his rabies onto her.

The two thieves snuck through the night, Dallas manipulating the shadows to their advantage. Not only did it hide them fairly well, it also prepared her for when they'd have to shadow travel. Her long hair was tucked in for the occasion in case its wavy movements caught anyone's attention. Caspian lead the way and eventually stopped a good about of distance from a building with two guards.

"This must be the place," he mewed, his quiet words barely audible. "Ready to shadow travel?" He looked at Dallas and could tell she was nervous.

"I'm positive I can get us in there, but I highly doubt I'll have enough energy to get us out. Heck I doubt I'll be able to stand up once we get in there." Dallas wasn't even sure if she'd be awake.

"Don't worry about it. I'll catch you if you fall or something. But like I said, I need that ammunition and so will you if you are persistent on staying with me. Dallas, I think the only reason I'm not dead yet from the rabies is because of the radiation. It's the only explanation. People are going to try to fix the world though. They are going to try to clean the air and get rid of the radiation. Well, I'm not letting that happen. I am not going to die." For the first time in what seemed like forever, Dallas realized that Caspian was scared. His ears were pushed back and his fur had started to rise.

"You know I'll always be on your side. Besides, if the world goes back to normal, then that means the laws and government will be more strict. I mean, what can I say? Old habits are hard to break and the life of a thief is too much fun to give up."

Focusing, she poured all of her energy into solidifying the shadows around them. Within seconds, pitch black encased them and the ground disappeared and reappeared. Caspian caught Dallas as she swayed and slipped into unconsciousness. Now inside the building, he gently placed her down and let her rest while he opened a chest and began to load his pockets, now back to human.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 10 April 2017 at 6:00 PM

lol, such magical time skips. *sips tea* mind if I join ya? remember our chat? yeah something's about to happen AHAHA *Chokes on tea* @pitch1226

As the blue sky turned into the color of oblivion, Aiden took out his flashlight. Wandering away from the group, he stumbled upon a building.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 10 April 2017 at 6:05 PM

Hope glanced up at the sky, completely ignoring the dog near them they may or may not attack them. She stumbled back a bit.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 10 April 2017 at 6:36 PM

He waved to the two guards. "Heyyy.. umm, I'm quite dumb and all so can I taser you for a moment? Just curious" He asked with forced stupidity. The guards stared at him and began to say "What?" but he cut them off by electrocuting them. "Ooops, my finger slipped. Ah well, they'll be down for like a minute or so." He said. Aiden tried to kick the door down like any cool dude from the movies do but it was a stupid idea since the door is made of IRON. There was a little password thing that tells you to enter the password, which was stupid since there were two guards there.. guess back-up. He shrugged and focused on the power going off. Yep. No power...
Something crackled and he heard a thud, which came from the Utility Pole. Oops.
The door slid open, giving him access. He better explore quick before the guards wake up. Noticing two humans already there, he shouted, "Hi there!" He'll just play dumb this time.

@pitch1226 the more the merrier 😃

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 10 April 2017 at 6:48 PM

Caspian ignored the commotion outside the room they were in, not seeing it as a threat he needed to confront at the moment. He continued to stuff his jacket pockets until the door slid open and a boy walked in and greeted them. Stepping in front of Dallas, he took out his gun and pointed it at the intruder. He would have shot if he hadn't been slightly impressed, but that didn't keep him from lowering his gun.

"Hey yourself," Caspian snapped back, not attempting to play nice. "State your reason for being here and maybe I won't pop a bullet in your head."

@ammolite #teamthief

1,853 posts

purgatory • 10 April 2017 at 6:56 PM

"Woah woah, looks like someone's triggered. I really don't have a reason apart from stupidity and curiosity. I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be here friend." He replied. He thought of his knapsack he's still carrying. It sure does have a lot of stuff in it, and it was quite heavy.

@pitch1226 #SipsTeaIntensifies

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 10 April 2017 at 7:25 PM

"We are not friends," he growled. Caspian wasn't sure whether he was satisfied with the newcomer's answer, but at the same time he couldn't blame him. Truth be told, he could kind of relate. Well, the curiosity part at least. It was one of the reasons he had become a thief.

"Also, I don't see the purpose of pointing out that we are not supposed to be here when neither of us care." Caspian lowered his gun although he did keep it tightly gripped, ready to shoot any second. Assuming the two guards were knocked out, he let out an aggravated sigh. Someone was sure to notice the two unconscious bodies soon. Stupidity was right.

Glancing at Dallas, he knew they'd have to get out a different way, but did wish she'd wake up already. They needed to get out soon, but Caspian was fixed on getting as much loot as he could. Keeping a close eye on Dallas and the intruder, he picked up a few more supplies.

@ammolite Nice pun and yes. He is very triggered. 😉

1,853 posts

purgatory • 10 April 2017 at 7:38 PM

@pitch1226 i blame the pun man. He needs to stay away

"Good point. This may be obvious but... I'm pretty sure that's a camera?" Aiden replied, pointing to a small black thing hiding in the corner.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 10 April 2017 at 7:52 PM

Shrugging as he continued to loot, Caspian irritably replied, "Doesn't matter." Motioning to Dallas, he explained, "We'll be out of here by morning and on to the next town. I would suggest you do the same since the guards know what you look like now, but I can't say I care what happens to you." Once he was satisfied with his plunder, he zipped his jacket up and zipped or snapped all his pockets up. Caspian sat down next to Dallas, deciding to wait until his partner woke up. Hopefully she would have enough energy to manipulate the shadows enough to get them out, though he didn't expect her to be able to shadow travel any time soon.

While he waited, Caspian figured he might as well get to know the boy. "How'd you get in, anyway?"

@ammolite Don't blame him, thank him. He needs to stay. Especially with Mr. Triggered around.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 10 April 2017 at 8:07 PM

"I'd be asking you the same question, child." He replied with a smile. Didn't they notice that the power was out? No? Oh wait, the light was never on ahahaha. What a nice and smart group they were. "Then again, you'd probably say it doesn't matter. So yeah, umm it doesn't matter.

@pitch1226 *sips tea* Well, he sure makes quali-TEA puns ahahaha wait i'm the pun guy XD totally not assuming genders and i'm suppose to be a pun gal but the name works

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 10 April 2017 at 8:25 PM

"You learn quickly," he grunted. "But really, 'child'? By the looks of it, you're at least sixteen. I think it's very obvious who the kid is here, but hey; you said one of your reasons was stupidity, so maybe it's not as obvious for you. Either way, I'm not one for hierarchy based on age."

Dallas shifted a bit in her sleep, but still didn't wake up. Caspian impatiently, but quietly tapped his foot.

@ammolite Either way works for me 😉

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 11 April 2017 at 12:59 AM

Sarah climbed a tree. There wasn't much to the little crowd before her, all didn't mind her which was good, they all seemed occupied with their own stuff.

#I'msolost

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 8:41 AM

I've decided to do a summary after every bundle of posts or so. Hope it will be able to help!

So really, things have separated into groups based on location. Not positive on everything, so if something is wrong, let me know and I'll fix it. 😊

Group 1

People:
Aiden, Caspian, Dallas

Local refugee camp's weapon supply building.

Since last summary:
-Caspian reveals his motives to Dallas(wants to stop anyone who tries to return the world to normal and get rid of the radiation because he thinks the radiation is the reason his rabies hasn't killed him yet)
-Thief pals get into the building and Dallas sleeps to get more energy while Caspian starts to take stuff
-Aiden knocks the guards unconscious and explores the same building and finds the Thief pals
-Now Aiden and Caspian are just talking while Caspian waits for Dallas to wake up

Group 2 (This is the part where I get unsure ^^")

People:
Helix, Hope, Sarah, Storm, Spring, Alix, John

Not quite sure, but it looks like either just outside camp or inside. Let me know which one. 😊

Since last summary:
-Hope is ignoring the muntant dog
-Sarah climbed a tree

Group 2.5 (Individuals that are not in a group)

People:
Alyssa

Since last summary:
-Still in same spot where she was talking to Aiden

Things to note:
-it is night time

If you are still unsure, just jump in where ever. 😃

1,853 posts

purgatory • 11 April 2017 at 9:15 AM

"Eh, true that. But I'm not a kid. I'm a human, not a baby goat." He responded. Then he heard a sound outside. Must be the guards. "Oh yeah, I think the guards are up so umm..."

@pitch1226 thanks for the summary!

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 11 April 2017 at 9:34 AM

(Wait, Helix is with Group 2? Hope was ignoring the mutant newfoundland, not Helix, if he was with them. Also, didn't the sky change colors or something?)

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 10:14 AM

@sheepfox Updated, thanks!
@ammolite No problem!

I'll make my post later. Homework is raining from the sky right now.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 11 April 2017 at 10:24 AM

@pitch1226

seeya 😊 I need to finish this Canada research project ahahaha

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 12:19 PM

Caspian cursed to himself. Of course they just had to wake up now. He nudged Dallas who muttered something inaudible.

"Dallas, wake up! We need to get out of here," he sternly said. She slowly sat up and stretched, her hat falling off. Dallas groggily stood up, picking her hat up in the process. She didn't bother tucking her hair in again, it took to much time. Realizing they had a guest, she gave him a curt nod in greeting.

"I didn't know you could make friends," she teased Caspian.

"We aren't friends," he growled back. Dallas just smirked and said to no one in particular, "What do you say we get out of here?"

Turning to the younger boy, she added, "You wanna come with us or do you have something more fun to do?" Caspian glared at her and growled, "He is not coming with us."

"Shut up," she some how politely said. "Last time I checked, you aren't in charge of him." Looking back, Dallas mischievously smiled.

"So what do ya say? You coming or not?"

@ammolite I love how nonchalant Aiden is about everything! xD

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 11 April 2017 at 12:21 PM

I'm so lost and kind of want to re-do Helix's character because he's been developed a bit more lol))

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 12:23 PM

@carter Fine by me. I say just jump in wherever xD

1,853 posts

purgatory • 11 April 2017 at 12:26 PM

@pitch1226 the answer is tea. *Sips tea*

"Thanks for the invitation, but I'm pretty sure I'm useless in this type of situation. Oh yeah, how are you going to find a way out? The guards are up and they can kick the door down any moment now. Also the power's out if you didn't know that yet." Aiden replied, pointing out most of the flaws.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 12:42 PM

"Who needs power?" She asked. "If anything, it's better without it. Makes things darker which makes things easier, for me at least." She made a movement with her hand and the shadows began to move. Using her other hand, she was able to solidify them into pitch black objects. A pair of shadowy hands came over the boy's eyes then disappeared as if to imitate some weird version of peek-a-boo.

"Anyway, I can't tell if you are being serious or not. We came in through the shadows which means you were the one to knock out the guards. I wouldn't say you are entirely useless, but suit yourself."

@ammolite

1,853 posts

purgatory • 11 April 2017 at 12:58 PM

Aiden just shrugged. "Well, good luck. I'll just go umm.. how did I get in?" He asked himself. Flashback!
He waved to the two guards. "Heyyy.. umm, I'm quite dumb and all so can I taser you for a moment? Just curious" He asked with forced stupidity. The guards stared at him and began to say "What?" but he cut them off by electrocuting them. "Ooops, my finger slipped. Ah well, they'll be down for like a minute or so." He said. Aiden tried to kick the door down like any cool dude from the movies do but it was a stupid idea since the door is made of IRON. There was a little password thing that tells you to enter the password, which was stupid since there were two guards there.. guess back-up. He shrugged and focused on the power going off. Yep. No power...

oooh, so that's how he got in!

@pitch1226 thank goodness for ctrl+c

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 1:15 PM

@ammolite I'm going to wait so others have a chance to post. 😊

1,853 posts

purgatory • 11 April 2017 at 1:18 PM

@pitch1226

fine with me. *Sips tea*
I'll be over here doodling

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 11 April 2017 at 1:23 PM

@ammolite @pitch1226
I'll respond in an hour or so... haven't got the time...

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 11 April 2017 at 1:25 PM

@flowerlynx It's fine! Take your time 😸

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 11 April 2017 at 1:26 PM

@pitch1226
Don't post too much without me! I haven't even done anything with my character yet lately X3