[COLDRAIN'S GIVEAWAY]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
65 posts

ellasparkle • 23 April 2017 at 11:11 AM

@coldrain

After long thinking. And a very long time just sitting in the corner scrolling through looking at the books and shows I love, I have decide on...

QUISHI HUANGXIANG YE

Which supposedly translates to 'Knight fantastic knight'. It's a "manhua" which is basically the same as manga except that it's:

a) Read how books are "normally" read, from left to right
b) It's chinese (this one is translated though)
c) IT"S IN FULL COLOUR.

Ah yes now to the part that explains why I like it...

I have always loved books in the fantasy genre. I loved reading spin-offs of classic tales, and I definitely love manga. This book combines my love of fantasy and manga, all into one epic series. Lin ling is an ordinary high school girl, but one day is whisked off into a game world, where she is given the mission is to gather the knights of the round table. This was the first time I came across a book with the Tale of King Arthur told in such a fascinating way. I read of magic, war, and of a blossoming romance. The scenes are breathtaking, ans the character designs were simply amazing. I can't even count the amount of saved photos I have from this single book. The art is what I strive to achieve. It encourages me. It whispers in my ear, "If you work hard, you might just be able to draw as well as this!" If I never encountered this series, I don't know what to say. I definitely wouldn't be screaming at the computer to give me faster updates that's for sure. But it's always worth the wait. An epic chapter every month, and beautiful art that just takes my breath away. I sincerely hope you decide to read this, I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

And hey, here's a link to a piece of the art if you're curious about that, here's Lin Ling:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-63_O77oLQuA/WPzDW4GrzlI/AAAAAAAAAq8/m4R3BXBC6UA9513rLLN604lu1pow-IoWQCL0B/h1473/2017-04-23.jpg

~ella

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 28 April 2017 at 9:56 AM

/ / THROUGH TO ROUND 3 / /

QUESTION: Favourite time of the year and why?
1. @gumiho710
2. @ellasparkle
3. @sugarsprig
4. @silvershadow
5. @nightassassin88

You guys are through to the next and final round, in which three of you will be chosen to be the winners!

☆ PLEASE READ THIS ☆ Everyone submitted brilliant entries, and the reasoning behind most was beautiful and I've never had to make the hardest decision in my life before now, because pretty much all of you deserve to go through - and if I could I honestly would. I've spent near an hour re-choosing and this is what I finally decided on. I'm also intending to check out most of your entries because of how you've described them!

If you didn't make it through, don't feel bad !! Everyone's entries were good, and its hard for me to pick only a certain number. Thank you for entering though, hopefully you'll join my next one.

Female
196 posts

gumiho710 • 28 April 2017 at 10:31 AM

@coldrain

hey hey hey I went online jsut to answer the question but the layout is really frustrating me rrrr huhu

ok so!! my favorite time of the year is mothers day!! not bc I get super well with my mom (I really dont tbh rip) its because I get to go out with my family to spend time with them and honor my grandma who passed away back in 2015,,! idk over the years it really feels like everyones just trying to forget her bc it hurts too much to think about what she went through but really! im not religious or anything but im sure shes in a way better place and im sure shes vvv happy! shes the prettiest angel ok and she deserves to be remembered outloud if that makes sense wahaha but yea!! waaa thank u rain for giving me the chance to join!! I never thought giveaways would be this fun tbh I think this is my first one! :00 ily bab ♥

(halloween is also a second candidate bc I can cosplay my volleygays without getting called outt on it >:] )

Female
743 posts

sugarsprig • 28 April 2017 at 10:50 AM

@coldrain
Oh my goodness, I have no words! ;o; I just wanted to share my thoughts with people and never thought I'd make it this far! ❤️ Thank you so much! Good luck to everyone who made it so far!

My favorite time of the year is when winter slowly fades into spring. (Which is coincidentally, right now!) I love winter because of the clear night sky and the holiday cheer, but it is way too cold for me! Spring is great, because I get to see cherry blossoms bloom right outside my window. But, I have pollen allergies, which means that I'll spend the majority of springtime sneezing and sniffling. So the short time when the spring breeze slowly blows away the coldness of winter is like paradise to me! When I go outside during this time I get to smell the sweet and bitter scent of... I'm not sure what. I think it's a mixture of wistfulness and sorrow about times that weren't too great. The soft breeze kind of pats me behind my back, and I feel comfort. As meaningless this time of the year may be to some people, I really enjoy it and use this time up to my fullest. Because this time of the year is so short, it makes me like it even more. Springtime is a new beginning and a fresh start to me, and winter is the end. This short time is what links the beginning and the end together, and that's why it's so special to me.

Aah, I kind of wrote what I thought without any plans! Please understand the unorganized mess of a paragraph I wrote :')

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 28 April 2017 at 3:48 PM

@coldrain
Thank you, anyway!♡♡♡
It is not a big deal, thank you for hosting such a remarkable contest!♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

367 posts

kudo • 28 April 2017 at 9:07 PM

@coldrain Can't belive I made it through... XD Good luck to everyone who made it through!! ❤️
Well, my favourite time of the year is Christmas, since everyone is a WHOLE lot more relaxed and the family is TOGETHER and for once in an year, *cough* no siblings *cough* FIGHT. Because throughout the year, parents have work and we have school, and being in financial distress, we're always worrying about bills and rent and all that, so everyone is wound up and stressed but then along comes Christmas and we finally get good quality family time ❤️ Either we go out for a movie or a night out but we do it every single year and everyone is happy so yeah ❤️ It may not snow in Australia, but at least we have presents to look forward to XD Everyone is just... a whole lot happier in Christmas, so it's like a new beginning to the new year (even though it's a few more days) and it's something short of magical when we all put up the christmas tree and turn the lights off (it has these little lights that change color every few seconds) and all the decorations are up and friends came over and exchange gifts... ❤️

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 30 April 2017 at 6:16 AM

@gumiho710 @sugarsprig @silvershadow thank you! just waiting for the final two answers!

@ellasparkle @nightassassin88 please submit your answers soon as I would like to end this giveaway soon ❤️

Female
65 posts

ellasparkle • 30 April 2017 at 9:38 AM

@coldrain

Ah sorry I was off for a couple days ; - v -)

Autumn is definitely my favourite time of the year. No pollen allergies, no blizzards, and no scorching hot sun. None of that. Just fresh, crisp air, and mesmerising sights of the changing of season. The leaves change colour and slowly drift to the ground, and with every step you just hear that satisfying crunch underneath you. There's an amazing view of the trees and you just see miles and miles of reds, oranges and yellows. It's inspirational. It always makes me think about how thankful I am, even if some things haven't been going well. Sometimes I just look into that distance and wonder about things. How the year will continue. How the new year will start. I suppose you could say autumn is like my starting point - my "beginning of the new year". And as those leaves silently drift down, I know that a good year is coming.

Thank you for letting me make it this far >///< I had a lot of fun writing these small paragraphs, even though it does take me a couple days to think about what I'm going to write about ; - v -)

Good luck to everyone ❤️

~ella

Deleted • 30 April 2017 at 10:16 AM

@coldrain
Ah. Sorry for the late reply. I needed to think about the question a bit. 😋

I'll just start with a general statement. My favourite day of the year would be every single day. While it is true that life can be monotonous, every single day is unique. The conversations you have with your friends will never happen in the exact same way just as the music you listen to will not be played in the same order. Your meals and what you do at school, in my case, are always different. But if I were to choose a time of the year to be my favourite, it would probably a new beginning like the the start of school or summer vacation, but I think that I'll go with the start of New Year. At the start of the year, we often have a week where we visit friends and eat dinner with them, but because of school, this is often limited to the weekend, however my family and I manage to do most of the activities on those days. We usually watch the Chinese broadcast of the Spring Festival. It's amazing! With all the colours and outfits and singing, drama, and dance! There's even some martial arts in there too. Well actually, all my family except my brother. I'm pretty sure that the only part he likes about the New Year is the money and the food. Hehe. Can't say that he's the only one, but I also like visiting friends. That would probably be one of my favourite times of the year.

Edit: Realizes that I'm the last one. Curses! Listened to way to much music. See status.

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 30 April 2017 at 6:10 PM

As picked from the number generator (because I'm tired of having to choose myself ;-; )

/ / WINNERS / /
1. @nightassassin88 - One of this months/ or next months CSPs, totally up to you which you want and what gender!
2. @gumiho710 - This Valequine
3. @silvershadow - A CSP travel of your choosing

Please PM me letting me know what CSP you want and what CSP travel you want!!

Thank you to everyone who participated and submitted wonderful answers! Sorry it took so long for me to reply and get it over with! I hope to see you next time

Female
743 posts

sugarsprig • 30 April 2017 at 6:45 PM

@coldrain
Aww, it's completely fine! Thank you so so much for hosting this fun giveaway! Hopefully I can participate in the next one as well. 😊

Deleted • 30 April 2017 at 8:53 PM

@coldrain
AAAAH!!! I am very thankful to that number generator! 😋

Before I choose, can you tell me how I can choose between an April and May monthly without knowing what the May one looks like? I'm a bit confused.

367 posts

kudo • 30 April 2017 at 9:01 PM

@coldrain thx! I'd like misty marigold fields if that's okay 😊 congrats everyone!

Female
65 posts

ellasparkle • 30 April 2017 at 10:16 PM

@coldrain @nightassassin88

YES!!!! NIGHTASSASSIN88 WON!!!!! Ahem. Don't judge me xD She's been wanting this for a very long time ;3; Congrats Steph!!!

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 30 April 2017 at 10:54 PM

@nightassassin88 well it's more about waiting and seeing, but i suppose you'd much rather this months as you can see them now. which of this months would you like?

i hope you get back to me within an hour or you will be getting one of mays csps

Deleted • 1 May 2017 at 12:54 PM

@coldrain
Aww. Missed it. Could I just have 500CC please? I'm not sure as to how I think about this month's CSP. 😋

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 2 May 2017 at 12:35 AM

@nightassassin88 i have both of the previous months csps as i bought extra. which do you like the most?

Deleted • 2 May 2017 at 12:56 PM

@coldrain
Could I have a Pixiee? Any gender is fine.