[COLDRAIN'S GIVEAWAY]

in User Contests & Giveaways

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 April 2017 at 4:10 AM

@coldrain Hi. I'd like to enter 😊 Slot 13 please, it's my lucky number 😊

My favourite memory..... That's really hard. I've had lots of good memories on my past, and bad ones too. I'd probably say... Last Christmas. I loved that day I spent with my family. There was no stress, no panic unlike the Christmases before (All Christmases before 2016 stressed me out). I think it's because my father wasn't there, his moods weren't affecting everyone. The Christmas the year before had been nice but, there was a letter in the house on Christmas Day, telling us we had to go to court.

I love every memory I've made with my family, it was hard to pick. But 2016's Christmas.. It just showed hope.

Deleted • 17 April 2017 at 4:13 AM

@coldrain can i have slot ten please
My favourite memory is the first time i ever rode my bike without stabilisers. yes i fell but i was so proud of myself when i got up again and i felt like i was flying when i succeeded. it was a long time ago but never had i felt so alive. When my younger brother was born i taught him how to ride his bike.
I love those random memories that i can look back on no matter how hard my life may be now. Like i say " Cherish those small moments today and they'll fill you heart FOREVER"

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 20 April 2017 at 6:31 AM

@coldrain AAHHHHHHHHH Can I join?

Slot 11.

One of my favorite memories was the lock in in 7th grade. One of the girls in my class totally tripped on the stairs and started ROLLING UP THEM. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe!

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 2:22 AM

@leafstarofskyclan @sillybilly24 @emeraldstar @clarityxx @jjlapple

Apologies for getting back to you all so late, I haven't had access to my laptop and my phone messes up while I try to edit my original post. Anyway you've all been added, we just need a last few people to join!

Female
695 posts

dappne6 • 22 April 2017 at 2:35 AM

@coldrain Can I take spot 16???

When I wet my pants at drama because I was laughing to hard playing taxi that was really funny xD

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 2:36 AM

@dappne6 you have to submit an answer and then you get a slot

Female
695 posts

dappne6 • 22 April 2017 at 2:37 AM

@coldrain I edited and did

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 2:40 AM

@dappne6 Thank you, added to slot 16.

Deleted • 22 April 2017 at 5:08 AM

@coldrain when does it finish?

Deleted • 22 April 2017 at 5:13 AM

@coldrain can I have 20?
my favourite memory is when I saw my brother for the first time. his little hands and even though he cried, his little laugh brought light to my day.(when he started laughing)
it gave me a bit of responsibility. I mean looking after him.

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 5:13 AM

@sillybilly24 when all rounds have been completed once all 20 spots have been filled. If its not finished by the end of the month, I'll purchase this months csps and save them for 1st place or see if they'd much rather have next months csps.

@lagoon added

Agender
147 posts

pufferheart • 22 April 2017 at 9:27 AM

@coldrain

One of my favorite memories is when I went to my first water park. My family was visiting my aunt and uncle and the next day we went to the water park. I can still remember the excitement when my sister and I went on a really scary one.

I would like number 19.

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 9:30 AM

@pufferheart added

One more slot to be filled and then we'll eliminate ten of you!

Female
196 posts

gumiho710 • 22 April 2017 at 11:29 AM

@coldrain

pssSST HI BAB!!!! ♥ CAN I JOIN! :00 rip I think this is my first time entering smth like this ;;

umm favorite memory!! was when I discovered that the roof of my condominium had a really great view and my favorite memory was when I brought that girl I was telling you about up there and we stayed there till the sky turned purple and pink and!! idk it was rly cute but it makes me sad thinking abt it though rip its very memorable though wahaha

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 11:55 AM

@gumiho710 ahh that's so cute~ thank you for submitting that!

I'LL CHOOSE THE 10 BEST ANSWERS AND REVEAL THEM ALONG WITH THE NEW QUESTION FOR ROUND 2 IN 30 MINUTES

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 22 April 2017 at 11:58 AM

@coldrain oho the hype

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 12:34 PM

/ / THROUGH TO ROUND 2 / /

QUESTION: Favourite film/book and why?
1. @silvershadow
2. @sugarsprig
3. @spiritkeeper5
4. @nightassassin88
5. @gumiho710
6. @ellasparkle
7. @popcornflakes
8. @skyfall4
9. @clarityxx
10. @emeraldstar

You guys have gotten through to the next round! Please answer the question with as much honesty as possible because I intend to check the books/films you provide out!

Honestly thank you all for entering, it was actually very hard to chose only ten because they all seemed really important and special to you. Hopefully I get to do another giveaway in the future and you get to participate again!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 22 April 2017 at 12:36 PM

@coldrain ☹️

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 22 April 2017 at 12:44 PM

@coldrain OMG! Thank you so much! 😃 Can it be any movie?

Female
196 posts

gumiho710 • 22 April 2017 at 12:47 PM

@coldrain

gWAH round 2!!! :000 ok um!! rip idk if I should answer 2 of them but ill do it anyway HAHA FIGHT ME

sososo favorite film has got to be yobi the five tailed fox!! idk if you know this but its a korean animated film and this is very important to me bc its what inspired me to draw more creatively uwu its also very memorable n stuff bc i watched it when my grandma was still alive and i used to show her my fanart or like similar drawings i made of/from this movie :000 (my grandma also was rly into kpop and kdramas aaa we watched a lot together uwu)

favorite book is warrior cats!! I know I know lots of people have prolly grown out of this but it holds a very special place in my heart bc its what helped me stimulate my drawing skills and it helped me get to where I am now in the art community! :0 idk uwaa I rly love these books huhu ♥♥♥ (rip my love for cats is overwhelming @-@'''')

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 22 April 2017 at 12:48 PM

@jellifysh Hey please don't be upset, everybody submitted very good answers and it was very hard to pick only ten. Just remember theres always next time

@popcornflakes yes~ any film

Deleted • 22 April 2017 at 12:49 PM

@coldrain
Thank you so much! Now I just need to think of a really good book. Have read too many lately. 😋

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 22 April 2017 at 1:05 PM

@coldrain

Okie, thank you! 😸

Favorite Book: My favorite book is "Where I Belong" because, not only does it have a beautiful ending, it has great setting. The forest. It's about a boy, hating school and, I guess, his foster mother. But in my opinion, it's about how the beauty of nature flows between everyone. Especially forest lovers. 😊

Favorite Film: Argh, this is hard! 😃

I'll have to go with "Beyond the Boundary", [doe animes count?] because it's about magic and epic fights. The animations are smooth and comfortable to watch. The main character's[a boy]senpai is so amazing and just...extremely... terrific!

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 22 April 2017 at 1:07 PM

@coldrain Thanks so much! There is spoilers below, I'm afraid XD.

I have read lots of good books recently but by favourite so far has to be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I think the characters easy to relate to and I feel that I can understand why they feel the way they feel. I really like how rebellious the trio are and how they won't let Umbridge continue making all the rules. Even though there's a load of new characters, I got used to them very quickly. I also liked the way it was written very much.

I've been a Harry Potter fan for a while but this book is definitely my favourite out of the series.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 22 April 2017 at 1:32 PM

@coldrain
Wings of Fire is my favorite book series. I love dragons so much, and I adore every dragon's different personality. It has a great plot with so many unexpected things, yet the foreshadowing already hints who it might be, giving it good suspense.

It was one of the first book series I've ever read other than Warriors, and I just love it so much and it sparked the magic inside of me (aka addicted to something once again XD)

Female
743 posts

sugarsprig • 22 April 2017 at 6:16 PM

@coldrain

Gahh I made it? Thank you so much for choosing my memory! ;u; ❤️

My favorite book is The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B.White. This book is not only great to read, but will always have a special place in my heart.
When I was in second grade, my teacher gave me a book for Christmas. I had always loved animals, and my teacher knew it. I was having a hard time fitting in, because I had moved just recently. So a story about a swan that doesn't have a voice was so relatable in many ways! And oh how I loved that book! I just loved how each action was so well described. This book was what encouraged me to stand strong. I didn't have a voice to call for help, just like Louis, and was struggling to fit in. But the story ends in a happy ending, with him being able to play the trumpet! So this book gave me courage and helped me through second grade.

I hope that choosing just a book was okay! I don't know many good films to choose from. ^^;;

Female
432 posts

spiritkeeper5 • 22 April 2017 at 6:54 PM

@coldrain
my favourite movie would have to be something very old.
Movie Name:The Butterfly Lovers (animation movie)
When i was younger, we went to the library and borrowed that dvd. When i watched it, it taught me the sadness and sorrows as well as the happy memories. Their fates were entwined and gave a powerful love. The story is about a girl wanting to be a boy, so she disguises herself as a boy and goes to a boys school. There, she meets a friend and as they hang out, they soon fall in love. But she was already set to marry another person. So when that boy finds out, they push the wedding forward. When the boy from school found out, he died of shock and the girl wears her wedding dress over to see his grave. But his spirit comes out and the butterflies surround them as he takes her away, far away...

Hope this is okay ❤️ It is an old movie (with new versions). I watched the animation one...

367 posts

kudo • 22 April 2017 at 9:03 PM

@coldrain yay! ❤️
well my favorite book (i'm a bookworm) happens to be the 9th book in Rangers Apprentice, "Halt's Peril". Now for those of who don't know the series *secret wail* you would't know about cold-looking halt who is actually so soft inside or curious and adventurous Will (where there's a Will there's a way...) or humble and funny Horace and i could on forever... anyways, top reason why this book is my favorite, this book is literally the first in the series to explore the bond between Will and Halt as father/son even though Will is an orphan... It's just so sweet and Will is so caring and Horace is trying to do his best and Halt is dying and there's no hope and there's tears... well it's just so... OH THE FEELS......
there is another reason, Halt dying and Will and Horace's reaction kinda helped when my dad's dad passed away.... ;(
somewhere in the book it says something about 'never loosing hope just because someone is dead' because they'll always be in your heart! just really sweet and... yeah...

Deleted • 23 April 2017 at 8:59 AM

@coldrain ❤️
I've read way too many books, so I'll just go with my favourite book that I read this year if that's okay.

My favourite book of the year would probably be Scythe by Neil Shusterman. It's setting is the classic futuristic utopian world that has no disease and rapid healing systems resulting in a world with no death. Thus, a new job is created, the title of a Scythe. Someone who can purposefully end the life of a human being. The story is centered around its two main characters, teenagers Rowan and Citra who are chosen to become a Scythe's apprentices.

Now in this book, there were two main parts that I remember very clearly. The first being a journal entry written from a Scythe's point of view describing "death". However, this death is not actual killing, but people throwing themselves of buildings and jumping in front of cars as a way of entertainment. She compares this to the Looney Tunes cartoon, "Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner." She writes down that in the cartoon the Coyote dies and always comes back. He's blown up and thrown off cliffs and how it became something comedic. How in their world, death has become something not taken seriously and something for people to laugh at.

The second part would be the differing views between Scythe Goddard and Scythe Faraday. Scythe Goddard is the main antagonist and Scythe Faraday is Citra and Rowan's first teacher. Now, Scythe Faraday believes that in order to be chosen as a Scythe, you MUST hate the job. He says that if you actually ENJOY the killing, you will just be a KILLING machine. On the other hand, Scythe Goddard does mass killings and believes that the citizens should look up to Scythes as Gods. He says to Rowan that if you do not fully immerse yourself and enjoy the killing, you would just be a killing MACHINE. Both of these statements are technically correct but very different and I thought that the contrast between the two quotes were different yet had similar aspects.

This book shows different perspectives of characters as they grow from learning from different people and how a world with no death is not necessarily utopia. I really like this book because of its perspective on death and in my opinion, this book is unique compared to other dystopian novels I have read before.

I am so sorry for writing such a long review. 😋 I love this book.

Disclaimer: I tried not to spoil anything

Female
511 posts

clarityxx • 23 April 2017 at 10:17 AM

@coldrain Oh wow thanks!

My favorite series (does that count? 😋) would have to be the Throne of Glass series. I discovered it a couple of months ago after a friend wouldn't stop raving about it...let's just say now I see why 😋
The plot is hard to describe without massive spoilers because it has come so far from the first book, but it basically outlines the story of an assassin trying to survive in a world out to get her and the relationships she develops along the way. It's full of mystery and intrigue and insane plot twists, so it would be an amazing read no matter what, but it also has some of the most beautifully-crafted characters I've ever seen. They're complex, contradictory—they deal with love and loss and friendship and, best of all, recovery—and you honestly can't help but love (/fangirl over) every one of them ❤️
And despite the fact that it's set in a fantasy world that's fairly different from ours, the genius writer manages to weave in themes about gender roles, racism, and mental illness, all beautifully and respectfully portrayed.
Oh, and the writing! It's just so gorgeously written!!!
In short, as an aspiring author, this book is my ultimate inspiration.