The Maze (Sign ups and discussion. Accepting characters)

in Roleplaying

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 6 May 2017 at 5:03 AM

@panda9983 Accepted. Everyone, only ten will make it to the center. (Abbie won't) But, if your character dies, then can become a spirit or a monster in the second challenge. The spirit chooses one character and helps them and the monster's goal is to attack the survivors. BTW, if you get to the center, you shall recieve a PM saying your character has learnt a new power.

River ran and ran. She faced more monsters but defeated them eventually, using her powers. She turned a corner, in front of her was the center! She was relieved and ran towards it. She pressed a silver button and as she touched it, a silver bracelet covered in sapphires appeared. She picked it up and put it on her right arm. It was comfortable, and somehow, she felt more powerful. Almost like she could tackle many more challenges. A speaker crackled ''The first survivor has made it to the center! Congratulations River, you can now breathe underwater!'' River was relieved. Suddenly, a bench appeared, she sat on it and waited for the other 9 who would be through to the next round.

Abbie ran around a corner and came face to face with one of her fears, a massive, hairy spider. She screamed. A sword appeared in her hand. She threw it at the spider, miss. She kept fighting and throwing, and screaming but nothing would work. Eventually, the spider dived down on her. She screamed louder.

Emily looked at Ben, Lucy and Milo. ''Did you hear that? A girl's made it to the center, and someone's screaming!'' she said quickly.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 May 2017 at 8:46 AM

Reuben

Gosh, these people are slow, he thought. Running away from the group, he ran into a monster. It grabbed him tightly, making it hard for him to breath. You have powers you idiot! Concentrating, Reuben focused on the monster's health and imagined it starting to get deathly sick. Almost instantly, the monster's grip weakened enough for him to drop to the ground and start running again. After what seemed like forever, he came across what seemed like the center. There was a pretty girl there wearing a bracelet sitting on a bench. He didn't smile, but he was nice enough to give her an awkward wave. Then he noticed that there was a silver button.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 6 May 2017 at 1:39 PM

(Btw, you can pick what thing thing the button gives your character, you could get a badge, a trophy, it's your choice. Also, you can pick which powers you character recieves)

River waved back. She was glad someone else had made it to the center apart from her.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 May 2017 at 1:57 PM

Reuben

He pushed the button and a silver military dog tag appeared. However, instead of a soldier's name like a tag would normally have, there was an black obsidian paw print design. Reuben hesitantly picked it up and examined it. It felt natural in his hand and warm to the touch.

The speaker rang, "The second survivor has made it! Congratulations Reuben, you may now shape shift into a wolf!" Reuben couldn't help but smile at his new power. He was looking forward to using it. He took a seat at the opposite end of the bench from River. After sitting, he pulled out his metal necklace that had his old tag and slipped his new one. The two tags jingled as they hit each other and Reuben tucked them back into his shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Milo

"We better hurry! I hope who ever screamed is ok..." He said. Reuben began to run, but not with his super speed so Emily, Lucy, and Ben could keep up.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 6 May 2017 at 2:29 PM

Emily followed. She was worried, was it Abbie?

Abbie kept screaming, she kicked the spider and hit it with her sword but nothing was happening. She heard footsteps and hoped they'd be able to help.

River smiled at Reuben. She jingled her bracelet around, waiting for fellow survivors.

Name: Autumn
Appearence: Autumn has waist length ginger hair with brown streaks, in a ponytail, dark brown eyes and freckles. She's quite short.
Clothes: Autumn wears a copper necklace with a copper Red Panda charm (she found the charm in the book which gave her her powers), a orange hoodie, black jeans and orange pumas.
Personality: Autumn doesn't like to talk to people but she's confident, loyal and kind. Even though she doesn't make many friends, when she does, they're often friends for life.
Power: Autumn can change into a Red Panda
Other: None

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 6 May 2017 at 2:46 PM

"Did you hear? Two people have made it to the center!" Iris and Lilith suddenly heard screaming. "This way!" Iris yelled. And sure enough, a girl was screaming, and in front of her was a huge spider. She had an idea. Spiders didn't like rain, do they? She made it rain. Hard. But the spider didn't go away.
(Iris will make it to the middle soon.)

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 May 2017 at 2:57 PM

Lilith

Lilith watched as rain poured down on the large spider. With a movement of her hand, a swarm of flies circled around the spider. Her hope was the spider would be more interested in them instead of the girl.
(Lilith won't make it to the middle)

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 6 May 2017 at 3:15 PM

Abbie hoped the Spider would be interested in the flies. It was. It hopped off and ate the flies but then, it quickly returned to Abbie. She screamed again.

Autumn closed the book and put it on the floor. She clicked her fingers and she became a Red Panda. She ran through the maze, ducking monsters that were nearby. She got close to the center but turned human and leant against the wall, catching her breath.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 May 2017 at 4:27 PM

Name: Nacio
Appearance: He has dark green/yellow eyes and messy medium brown hair. His skin is pale and he has dark freckles. He is slightly tall for his age.
Clothes: Nacio has thick black frame glasses and tan shorts. He wears a white collared shirt with black suspenders and has braces with green bands.
Personality: Very nerdy and geeky, Nacio can be a bit shy at first but very talkitive once you get to know him. He can be a cry baby sometimes, but mostly because he's a sore loser. That being said, he is very competitive and can loose track of what is really important. Overall, he is a friendly person.
Power (Only one allowed for now. You shall be PMed once you receive a new power): Can summon reptiles
Other: 15 years old, will most likely not make it to the center
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilith

With another quick movement, a second Abbie appeared next to Lilith. Of course it was just an illusion, but it was hard to tell the difference. The fake Abbie ran around the spider in hopes to confuse it.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 7 May 2017 at 3:18 AM

Guess I'll subscribe

Sara ran around ducking at any monsters nearby. Suddenly she ran into a dead end with a monster cornering her. Quickly she teleported away. She was tired because of her running away and teleporting. Soon she felt like she was near the middle but suddenly she saw a spinx. Oh no she thought. "Answer a riddle or face death. Answer right and you'll pass through. Answer wrong and face death." Sara stood, thinking. "I'll choose a riddle." she replied quickly. She did not want to die.

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 17 May 2017 at 10:45 AM

Name: Bobbi-Jane (BJ)
Appearance: Bobbie has medium length hair that is dirty blonde, she has freckles and silver/blue eyes,she is pale skinned
Clothes: Bobbi wears jeans and a black tank-top with a blue hoodie and black converse tennis shoes
Personality: Bobbi tries to act tough but really she's gentle, kind and sweet
Power: Bobbi has the ability to talk to animals
Other: Her weaknesses are spiders and anyone she loves getting hurt

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 May 2017 at 10:52 AM

@neonstarr Accepted. Read other player's posts to know what's going on.

Autumn ran forward and noticed some others who'd made it. She waved and quickly pressed a copper coloured button. A copper tiger charm appeared on her necklace. "Congratulations Autumn on making it to the Center. Your new powers allow you to turn into a Tiger." Said a voice.

River waved at Autumn and Autumn came and sat next to her. The girls began to talk. They quickly became friends.

Abbie got eaten. The spider ran after the fake Abbie, and ate her. The spider then turned to Lilith. Venom dripped from it's sharp fangs as it watched Lilith.

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 17 May 2017 at 10:55 AM

Bobbi turned, she was scared she had heard a scream earlier, she ran forward her heart pounding

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 May 2017 at 11:03 AM

@neonstarr Please subscribe to the topic if that's ok. Thanks.

River and Autumn decided to become a team and decided they'd help each other with all the other challenges.

A white ghost like wisp floated out of Abbie's body and turned into a ghost like version of Abbie as it touched the floor. She threw a sword to Lilith. "Fight it." She whispered, in a ghostly voice.

Emily looked at Ben, Milo Lucy. "I'm going to find the Center and clear the path to there. If I survive, I'll come back. She touched her belt, where a silver dagger was. She gave it to Milo, smiled and ran off. A few minutes later she encountered a cyclops. She summonded vines and they confused the monster into a spot, where Emily commanded the vines to cage the monster. They did. The monster growled at her but she ran past anyway.

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 17 May 2017 at 11:07 AM

Done

Bobbi heard talking ahead of her and ran forward, "Ummm...Hello?"

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 17 May 2017 at 11:46 AM

Lilith

Catching the sword, she could feel anger boil inside her. Lilith glared at the spider and ran straight at it, sword in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Milo

Milo giggled giddily at the shiny dagger. He could definitely have fun with this.

"Thank you! Also, good luck!" He yelled as Emily ran off. Once she was gone, he turned to the others.

"Sorry, but I gotta run. It's going to get boring here just waiting here," he said and dashed off. Although he still occasionally ran into the walls, Milo was starting to get used to his power.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@emeraldstar Is Nacio accepted or no? If not it's fine! 😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 17 May 2017 at 12:14 PM

@pitch1226 I'm so sorry! Yes, he's accepted.

Emily reached a dead end, she was about to turn around when she realised she was trapped, by spiders and scorpions. And behind them, was a girl that looked around her age. She has dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and pale skin. She wore a dark red dress, with spiderweb patterns on it. She also had a scorpion tail. Emily made a wall of protection with vines, but then realised, she had trapped herself. She found her phone and tried to get signal, there was nothing. She sighed, before quickly yelling ''MILO! LUCY! BEN! PLEASE HELP!''

Autumn heard Emily's yells. She tried to get out of the center but she couldn't. She sighed, and hoped the person was ok.

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 17 May 2017 at 1:17 PM

Bobbi heard some shouts in the distance and turned around and started to run her hair was thrashing around in front of her face.

( Can I have another character?)

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 18 May 2017 at 12:00 PM

Milo

Hearing yelling, he quickly ran in the sound's direction. Milo was able to find her, that wasn't a problem. What was a problem, was he couldn't slow down.

"Where are the brakes?!" he yelled as he ran straight into a girl with a red dress. The collision was able to stop him, although not without pain. He was on the ground and sat up rubbing his head.

"Ouch," he mumbled. Milo gave Emily an apologetic smile and shakily stood up.

"So, um, did you need help or something?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nacio

Closing the book, Nacio disappointingly placed it on the ground. He would have loved for it to be an actual book filled with stories as he loved to read. After adjusting his glasses, the boy warily trudged through the maze. His calculations gave him a fair idea in his head where the center was, but because the maze continuously changed, there was no sure way of knowing.

Suddenly, a large, winged rat found him and chased him into a corner. Nacio looked up at the beast and it came to him that he was given powers. Closing his eyes, he forced all his energy to become one thing. What it would become, he wasn't sure, but it was his best bet. Opening his eyes, a gigantic snake laid before him, towering over the rat. In one swift strike, the rat was gone. Then it turned toward Nacio, looking down at him. He took a step back and the reptile came closer. Becoming completely still, he watched as instead of attacking him, the snake curled it's large body around him lovingly. It even nudged it's head into his hands.

"Uh... hi?" He squeaked through his fear and the snake gave a small hiss of delight. Or maybe it was a greeting, he wasn't really sure.

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 18 May 2017 at 3:01 PM

Bobbi stopped and pulled her hair up. Another dead-end. Turning around she could sense an animals mind near her, she just couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 18 May 2017 at 8:37 PM

Nacio

The boy laid a hand on the snake's scales, a single one almost the size of his hand. It's body was white with large sections of tan, yellow, and black, the scales giving it a pixelated look. The snake flicked it's tongue, smelling the air. All of a sudden, it whipped back, putting its head on top of Nacio's protectively. His knees shook under the weight of the large snake's head and tried to push it off to no avail.

"What's... wrong?" he struggled to say. The snake glared in a direction with its beady black eyes, starting to hiss. Nacio curiously looked in the direction it was glaring at.

"Hello? Anyone there?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/06/76/3d/06763daa9446b0fef73c4e07c71b9f43.jpg (A visual of what the snake looks like)

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 19 May 2017 at 2:55 AM

@neonstarr You can have as many characters as you like.

Emily looked at Milo ''Well, I'm kinda stuck against this hedge with a few monsters in my face but apart from that, I'm fine.'' she laughed. ''I was pretty dumb and I... tried to make a shield of vine protection but it has turned out like a cage, a cage I can't get out of.''

For the first time, the girl in the red dress spoke. ''Milo, unlessss you leave thisss part of the maze you sssshall ssssuffer a terrible fate. The sssame as your friend here.'' she said in a snake like way. Her tail started dripping venom, and so did the scorpions' tails.

Female
695 posts

dappne6 • 19 May 2017 at 4:12 AM

Can someone take my characters?

Female
225 posts

izz • 19 May 2017 at 8:59 AM

Could I join the next round, @emeraldstar?

Name: Pepper
Appearence: Long red hair, green eyes.
Clothes: Wearing military boots, a blue shirt, and some faded jeans.
Personality: Her friends say she is too serious because she doesn't talk much, but she really is fun-loving.
Power: She can turn invisible (plz tell me that isn't taken)
Other: She entered the contest by accident.

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 19 May 2017 at 9:04 AM

Bobbi looked around her, a black cat was coming her way. It had bright green eyes.
"Hi there fella," It stared at her.
"I'm here to warn you. They'll come for you," It started to circle her, growing bigger." Dont worry it's not me to be worried about." He was a black panther.
"Okay," At least Im not alone, she thought.
"Let's go," He took off and she followed him.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 19 May 2017 at 9:20 AM

Milo

He took his new dagger and cut through the vines. Then he turned to the girl with the scorpion tail. Curiosity filled him at the threat.
"What kind of horrible threat are we talking about now? Can I get some details?"

~~~~~~~
Nacio

The snake slowly unraveled itself from Nacio and slithered forward.
"Hey! Wait up!" he called, running after it. It stopped at stared at him, causing the boy to freeze. Bringing it's head closer, it opened its mouth and its two large fangs glistened. It came closer and closer, but Nacio stayed frozen. Finally, the snake snapped its mouth shut. He opened his eyes and found himself suspended in the air. The snake had picked him up by his suspenders and gently placed him on it's back.

It slithered forward again and Nacio held on tight, admiring the pixel like scales.
"Pixel," he said, more to himself than to the snake. "That will be your name."

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 19 May 2017 at 9:21 AM

Name- Carter
age- 16
gender- male
Appearance- brown curly hair, blue eyes, tall
clothes- green T shirt blue jeans, sneakers
person.- Sweet
Power: he can change his appearance
other: None

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 19 May 2017 at 9:54 AM

Nacio/Pixel
(Anything that is Italic is Pixel speaking or thinking 😊)

Pixel flicked its tongue again and again, tracking a scent. Food? Threat? It wasn't sure what it was, but the source of the smell was definitely getting closer. Nacio on the other hand wasn't sure where Pixel was going or what the purpose was. Finally, they came across the source. In front of them was a girl and a panther. Pixel flicked its tongue one more time.
"Food!"

Female
46 posts

neonstarr • 19 May 2017 at 10:32 AM

( BEfore found by Pixel) Bobbi took off her hoodie and tied it around her waist. The Panther-cat started to sniff the air. Bobbi got another sense that an animal was near, it felt...cold blooded.
"Call me Ar'on, and I think we have found another person, along with something else."
"I'm Bobbi, and I think it's an animal." Then Ar'on started running toward where my sense told me the animal or creature would be, Bobbi followed.
(After) "Ar'on! It thinks we are FOOD! It was a trap! Oh, snapdragons!"Bobbi looked at the size of the snake," I, sir, am NOT food!"
"Technically anything in the maze can kill you, Bobbi-Jane." Ar'on looked at her and she glared at him.
"I am not dying like this, not by an animal that Garrett loved so much!" (Garrett is her older brother)The snake looked at her. Then she noticed a boy on its back.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 19 May 2017 at 10:59 AM

Nacio/Pixel

"Why did we-oh!" Nacio started to ask, but saw the girl with a panther. He wasn't sure what to say. Was she hostile? Would the panther attack? Pixel hissed that them, not sure whether or not to eat them. It turned its head to Nacio, waiting for instructions, but the boy just shrugged.