Not New - but I feel like it!

in Welcomes & Introductions

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 6:58 PM

Hello all!

So in many ways around this site, I certainly feel new, although I suppose after nearly six years, that doesn't really apply anymore!

I surely hope that in my return I'll see some familiar faces, but if not, here's a quick introduction!

This account (luv) is my main, and I have three sides:
@haku - LEs, names, gifts, stuff I keep forgetting to move
@luvduv - original account, current luvlei collection
@store - names, LEs, other stuff?? are they called LEs?? I'm not even sure anymore??

Fun facts:
- I still have one of my very first eggs, Neriokat the mo!
- The majority of my creatures were actually gifts, the only ones in my cove I traded for (that I remember anyway) were Jayca, Bast, and ECM.
- A looooong time ago, I started a brief project called the "Egg Cave Magazine" (or ECM for short), which was one of the most fun things I ever did around here!
- I was the first user to use TNT (I'm not even sure if that's still in use, but I always thought it was cool!)
- I have never been (nor am I now) good at trading and making offers

I'm very excited to meet everyone again, and I'd really appreciate it if someone would be willing to show me around/catch me up. I'm sure I've missed all sorts of cute creatures, it definitely looks like I've missed an update, and I had a hard enough time finding my way to the forums! Thanks everyone, I look forward to the catch up.

Deleted • 8 May 2017 at 7:10 PM

Hi @luv nice to meet you 😊

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 8 May 2017 at 7:44 PM

Hello @luv~! 😃 Welcome back. ^^

Eggcave has recently upgraded to V3, so everything's so different now. O.o The abbreviation "TNT" was highly used in V2, but now it's used less because of a handy dandy one-way-transfer feature.

All your creatures are worth a whole lot now. >.<

I looked at @store and I don't think it has any LE's in it. Although... I'm not really sure what LE's are, to be honest with chu. :> I always assumed they were seasonals, but don't take my word for it! c;

I'd help you with all the new sturf on Eggcave, but I'm not sure what you know or don't know. 😋 So... shoot me a question if need be? xD

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 7:51 PM

@chicachicken
Hello! Nice to meet you too!

@degong
Looking back at @store, I believe it was always more names than anything else. LE, at least when I was around, stood for Limited Edition! So anything that was only available for a period of time, but yes, mostly seasonals. And if it's any context, I haven't been on since December of 2015, so I promise, I've missed a lot! XD

I'm not even sure how to quantify things anymore. I'd say Anna is still my most valuable baby, wouldn't she be? And I imagine creatures like Onnies, Doovoos, etc, have only got rarer with time! So there's a transfer feature now? And CC vouchers, I believe?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 May 2017 at 7:53 PM

@luv
In @store- MONTHLIES AND COMMONS!!!! And.... LEs xP @degong LeE stands for Limited Edition, which includes 200cc creatures. 😊

Anywhosees, nice to meet you! 😃

Deleted • 8 May 2017 at 7:57 PM

@luv how's your day? 😊

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 7:58 PM

@skyfall4 Thank you for clearing that up! I do remember a lot of commons there-- I mostly used it for names, if I'm not mistaken. It has been a while :'D It's nice to meet you too! Might I ask what your status is about? I've seen it on a few accounts now!

@chicachicken
My day has been pretty good, felt rather long, but it's nice to be home! How about yours?

Deleted • 8 May 2017 at 8:00 PM

@luv mine was long too 😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 May 2017 at 8:01 PM

@luv
The #EOTYC stands for "End of the Year Challenge". The challenge is to set your profile creature as a common and set you status as "All Hail the EOTYC" until the end of the contest. The prize is 5000cc! 😱 The entries closed in January, but I think it'll be back for next year. 😊

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 8:10 PM

@skyfall4
That sounds so fun! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, dear.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 May 2017 at 8:11 PM

@luv
Thank you! 😸 Oh cool.... everyone uses "TNT" now xD

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 8:13 PM

@skyfall4
I made it up over on @haku ages ago, and kept being asked what it meant. Back then, a user named @Karamel (RIP dearie, bless your soul) and I were an unofficial welcoming team. We included it in all of our greetings with the acronyms, and it spread quite quickly! I was always pretty proud of it 😃

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 8 May 2017 at 8:20 PM

@luv
Welcome back luv lol ❤️ and I actually remember stumbling across the Egg Cave Magazine. You should bring that back!

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 8:23 PM

@fakeworld
It was such a fun ride, but truthfully, I was the one who compiled the whole thing. Exhausting, I must say! But a great experience. Once I know more about the site, I'll see if I can gauge interest again!

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 8 May 2017 at 8:26 PM

@luv
It did look like a lot of effort was put into it-- I honestly thought the magazine consisted of a team lol, wow.

If you ever gauge interest again, let me know! I'll be willing to help.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 8:28 PM

@fakeworld
Thanks so much hon! I had some helpers, but deadlines were almost impossible to enforce across such a large team, and I tend to be pretty meticulous with projects I'm working on so I ended up just staying up until whatever hour of the morning, setting up a website, and hoping for the best! XD

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 May 2017 at 8:38 PM

@luv
That's so cool!!!! OwO 😱

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 8 May 2017 at 9:30 PM

@luv

Oh yes, your Anna baby is quite the unique one. ^^ I know a lot of people would go crazy over a Tine... O.o Onnies and Doovoos... well, they're pretty much impossible to get. The first Doovoo I've seen gone on sale, since I started, was today. For an Onny, two Tines, and a Berr. ^^"

Yes. ^^ It is quite helpful with transferring creatures to your sides. It can be found here if you can't find it. CC vouchers can be sent over to other users, as normal, but now, in V3, they can be used in the TC! 😃 Now there is no chance of people scamming you. ^^ Oh, and items and creatures were combined to create one trade center, so, yay (at least there's no more junk eggs ^^)?

Ooh, December 2015? That's when I joined! 😃

Your magazine sounds so cool, by the way. *o*

@skyfall4

Oh, don't worry, I know what it means! xD I just don't want to make assumptions, you know? 😋

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 8 May 2017 at 9:42 PM

@degong
I must say, I never understood all the Doovoo fuss. Onny on the other hand... Well, that's been my goal since day one! I suppose I'll have to keep looking.

Thank you so much for the link to the transfer, that feature will probably be crazy helpful!

And I may unlock the old account and website associated with the magazine, just for a good laugh sometime soon! The best part was the creature suggestions, I would collect ALL of them, and it was really neat to see which ones became creatures the next month! I even published the Yuki before it became real!

There you go, you picked up right where I left off! :'D

And to be perfectly honest, when it comes to junk eggs, they'll always be some of my favourites! Neriokat was one of my first ever creatures, and I wouldn't give her up for the world (though I'd never call her 'junk').

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 8 May 2017 at 10:20 PM

@luv

Aaah, good luck. ^^ It's probably much harder now to get an Onny than it was a couple years ago. 😋

That would be really cool to see! ^^ Once the May CSPs were released (they were both suggested by users), the Site Blog stated (not sure who, besides Ian, writes these things) that they'll be using more creatures suggestions. Which, I think, is super cool. We'd need something to keep track of it. xD

I think a lot of the junkies have amazing designs, especially the Puffup... heh. c; *pokes at own Puffup hoard*
Mos aren't considered junkies, and neither are terrons. 😋 People actually buy those two... I bought a Mo before I found one myself, haha. xD

Deleted • 8 May 2017 at 10:39 PM

@luv

3 hours late, but hi. I'm gonna ask you a bunch of random questions about yourself.
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What is your favorite tree?
3. What is your favorite flower?
4. What is your favorite animal?
5. What is your favorite vehicle?
6. What is your favorite number?
7. What is your favorite subject?
8. What is your favorite mythical animal?
9. What is your favorite mythology?
10. What is your favorite person?(on egg cave or not)
11. What is your least favorite person? (on egg cave or not)
12. What is your least favorite mythology?
13. What is your least favorite mythical animal?
14. What is your least favorite subject?
15. What is your least favorite number?
16. What is your least favorite vehicle?
17. What is your least favorite animal?
18. What is your least favorite flower?
19. What is your least favorite tree?
20. What is your least favorite color?

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 9 May 2017 at 12:43 AM

@degong
Sort of looking back on the mo thing, I did know that actually :'D My very first creature was a Krah named Salista though, I remember her distinctly, and believe me, if the resurrections went back that far I would spend 200💵 to get her beat in a heartbeat!

@happysappy
That's a-okay with me hon, I love questions!

1. What is your favorite color?
It's been cyan for a number of years now, but I think I'll say green. It's softer and reminds me of springtime. Though I like the deep blue of a night sky dotted with stars, and the colour of lilacs... nature colours I guess!

2. What is your favorite tree?
Maple tree! Or a big, old oak. But as a Canadian I think I'm obligated to say Maple, aren't I? And they're just so beautiful, with the big red leaves as fall rolls around...

3. What is your favorite flower?
That's tricky, but I'd probably go with peonies or tulips, both of which have grown outside my house for years!

4. What is your favorite animal?
I mean, I'd like to say a dragon, but I'll stick with a fox. 😉

5. What is your favorite vehicle?
My mom van! Loads of storage, gets my friends and I around, and I never feel too bad if it gets a little scratched up. Though, between you and I? When I was a little kid, my uncle used to drive a firetruck-red Porsche. Now that was a nice car.

6. What is your favorite number?
Twenty four. It's the product of my two favourite numbers (four - because it's balanced - and six - because it's the first perfect number -) as well as double 12, which is a pretty neat number. As an added bonus, I was born in the 6th month on the 24th day!

7. What is your favorite subject?
Too hard to choose! I like Art, and Vocals, and Biology, and Calculus, and History...

8. What is your favorite mythical animal?
Ah, see?! I should have saved my dragon answer!

9. What is your favorite mythology?
OOH. GOOD QUESTION. I'll go with Greek because it was my first and I have had a huge fascination with it ever since.

10. What is your favorite person?(on egg cave or not)
I'll go with outside of Eggcave, and their names are Tom, Larry, and Jo. (Surprisingly, the majority of those are female names!)

11. What is your least favorite person? (on egg cave or not)
Hmm... Probably at the moment some people in politics, ones I won't name though!

12. What is your least favorite mythology?
GAH! I love them all. If I had to choose one, I'd probably say Egyptian. It's actually one of my favourites, but sometimes the overwhelming number of gods is exhausting.

13. What is your least favorite mythical animal?
The Minotaur. Weird story. Weird monster. Lots of tragic endings. Noooo thank you.

14. What is your least favorite subject?
Probably physics or geography (at least, when it's in French!)

15. What is your least favorite number?
My first thought was zero because you can't divide by it, but it's actually very useful! I'll go with the square root of 85, because that's been popping up in my homework a lot lately and it's becoming rather suspicious.

16. What is your least favorite vehicle?
Anything that's really small and costs a fortune to fix! (Sorry, Audi.)

17. What is your least favorite animal?
Horseflies/blackflies! They're all over the place at my camp.

18. What is your least favorite flower?
Easter lilies. My mom has always hated them, and she's got a pretty good reason, so I follow suit!

19. What is your least favorite tree?
I hate to say this, but birch. I used to love them, but apparently I'm allergic! I've never noticed it around the actual tree, but the allergy can cause other allergies which means I can't eat cherries, peaches, plums, nectarines, etc. any more, which is NOT COOL!

20. What is your least favorite color?
I'm a digital artist, I guess I have to like all colours!

Through brown has never really suited me...

Deleted • 9 May 2017 at 1:10 AM

@luv

Welcome back ^^ and you've been gone for 6years? Or did I mid read XD

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 9 May 2017 at 1:12 AM

@lightningpaws
Glad to be back! I've been here for six years officially (in June anyway), but I want to say I left late 2014/early 2015, came back for a brief stint in December of 2015, and haven't been back since!

Deleted • 9 May 2017 at 1:16 AM

@luv

OHHHHH got it XD lol

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 May 2017 at 1:39 AM

@degong
It's always best to make sure 😸