[Bird] Creature Suggestion: Celestipie (Magpie/Galaxy inspired)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 20 May 2017 at 12:25 PM

I've never submitted a creature suggestion before, so this is a little scary! 😱

My favourite bird of all time is the magpie, and I'm a big fan of all things space related, so I thought that combining the two in this way could make a very nice addition to Egg Cave.

Name: Celestipie
(Celestial Magpie? Get it? Thanks to my friend @Hellyna for coming up with the name for me.)

Image: http://imgur.com/YVyZMWB

I don't have any suggested descriptions for this, so I hope that's okay. Magpies are known for having beautiful iridescent blues and greens in their feathers (on top of the striking black and white!), and I wanted to capture that in the colours of this creature's galaxy feathers, and have them full of shining stars.

However I did play around with the colours once I uploaded the image to my computer, and I realised that literally any colour combination looks great in this way (red/orange, purple/pink, blue/purple, etc). I just think the blue and green is too fitting to ignore, so I kept it as it is.

Thank you so much for looking ❤️
Please let me know what you think of the design, any opinions are welcome!

Female
41 posts

hexis • 20 May 2017 at 12:53 PM

@elluwah .. whoa! It's so sparkly! I think it's an adorable design - the baby stage is so cuuuute (,,o0o,,)

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 20 May 2017 at 1:08 PM

@elluwah gahhh, that is absolutely breathtaking! You're an amazing artist, I think this is perfectly perfect in every single way. Wouldn't change one thing about it. ❤️ I would definitely want one of these lovelies in my cove. Well done. Hope this gets made really badly!

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 2:19 PM

@elluwah it's cute!

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 20 May 2017 at 3:11 PM

@elluwah
Wow, your design is actually rather captivating. Good luck!

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 20 May 2017 at 3:15 PM

Got a bit of catching up to do on the replies here! 😱 Oops.

@hexis
I looove creating sparkly drawings! It's my favourite thing to do, so simple and so effective! Thank you so much! The baby stage has to always be the cutest, right? 😸

@birdlover64
You are MUCH too kind, oh wow. ❤️ The best compliment you can get for a creature suggestion is knowing that somebody would want one if they were made, so that's wonderful to hear! Thank you thank you thank you!

@chicachicken
Thank you! 😃 Glad you think so!

@fakeworld
Thank you so much!

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 3:35 PM

@elluwah your welcome! ❤️

1,327 posts

bgunny • 20 May 2017 at 3:48 PM

@elluwah
This is beautiful!

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 20 May 2017 at 3:51 PM

@bgunny
Thank you! ❤️

Male
472 posts

lucas • 20 May 2017 at 4:57 PM

@elluwah

Pretty!

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 20 May 2017 at 5:36 PM

@lucas
Thanks! 😸

827 posts

nine • 20 May 2017 at 6:33 PM

@elluwah
Woah, incredible! 😱 Out of all the user-created bird creature designs I've seen so far, this one's probably my favorite. Especially love the way you colored it! ❤️ Galaxy patterns are just the best! A bit of a shame you couldn't whip up a description for this beauty though, but then again the mods are pretty good at writing them anyways.

738 posts

dragonnn • 20 May 2017 at 10:28 PM

@elluwah This is an inspiring design, I just want to say that. I love all three stages. Wow. Your coloring is wonderful. I feel like I'm getting sucked into those feathers.

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 11:22 PM

@elluwah
KAWAII!
IT'S SO AMAZING!!!

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 21 May 2017 at 9:12 AM

@ricefishie @dragonnn @togepi360

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again! I was feeling really hesitant to post a design but knowing that you all like it makes it all worth it. ❤️ Your comments all mean SO MUCH to me, honestly.

I trust that the mods here are far more capable of writing worthy descriptions than I ever could, and attempting to do so myself would be too embarrassing, I think! They know what they're doing, and I really don't. D:

I'm also SUPER pleased you like my colouring, I'm pretty sure it would look much better with a skilled digital artist, but I've tried my best to show it off how I imagined it in my head and I think it came out pretty well. 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 21 May 2017 at 9:57 AM

@elluwah

Aw dang, I really love this design. ;3;
So pretty! 😃 😃 And I've always had a soft spot for space sparkle creatures. X3 ❤️
The 1st stage is definitely my fave. 😸
I love its little mouth open while looking at that star. :V

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 21 May 2017 at 3:33 PM

@prairie
Thank you so much! ❤️ I think most people enjoy galaxy designs, so I was hoping that this would appeal to everyone because of that. I'm so glad you like it!

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 24 May 2017 at 4:29 AM

@elluwah
I love space themed creatures and this is one of the more elegant ones I've seen. I love the design and I think this kind of description could work well:

Egg Description:
Despite what the shiny appearance of these eggs suggest, they are actually very soft, like the downy feathers of a young bird. They reflect light in magnificent, almost unnatural ways.

Creature Description:
Folklore has told that lone Celestipies steal shiny objects and hang them in the sky to form new stars, while two Celestipies bring good luck. However, all scientists dismiss this as legend, and say that there is no way your lost keys and loose change are actually part of the solar system.