EC Contest - Characters [CLOSED]

in User Contests & Giveaways

29 posts

starpup5 • 31 July 2017 at 7:45 PM

got it thank you so much i have so many characters but Aisha is my personal favorite.

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 31 July 2017 at 8:35 PM

@plisser9

Hello! I'm @cloudslay3r, sometimes known as Cloudy~ 😸 (Btw, This character is trademarked X3)

Intro: Eclipse Atlas Inferno is a superstar of 22

Palette: Black hair, some strands of blue. Wears black, white and or blue costumes during concerts, usually wears trench coats jeans, and a stopwatch

Likes: Making people happy, anything with machines and weaponry, and music

Dislikes: Swimming, being called heartless

Personality: Energetic, two-sided, kind, and generous

Backstory: Eclipse's mother really disliked her and wanted to get rid of her. So her mother flooded the house and left Eclipse behind. Eclipse manages to hold on until her grandparents came. Her grandparents were the elders of the world's most powerful family, the Elementals. Each part of the family had special traits. The Galaxys were leaders, The Terras were strategists, The Waterfalls were artists, The Hurricanes were prophets and the Infernos were warriors and mechanics. Eclipse became leader of the Infernos when she was ten, instead of 18. The rival family was known as the Chaos.

One time Eclipse was five her mother brought her to a carousel. But suddenly, her mother pushed her off. Her mother owed someone big time and that person wanted a heart. But actually Eclipse lived without a heart. Since then, whenever Eclipse saw her mother she sang a creepy song about the carousel incident.

Her two-sided trait was one side was all sunshine and rainbows while the other side will hunt down the Chaos mercilessly. They were known as Saint and Sin.

Eclipse always sang songs whenever she was in battle. Every move was in rhyme with the song she sang. She also has an olden day stopwatch that ticks down to when the Chaos will be ended. That day is also when Eclipse can't fight her destructive habits anymore.

Abilities: Creating mechanical animals, being untouchable in battle, can summon fire and lightning, and an amazing weapon user

Other: Motto😋eople don't know the pain I know

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derp 😸 This is a character that I imagined one day X3 Thanks for hosting this!

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 31 July 2017 at 8:39 PM

@cloudslay3r Excluding the formatting words (intro, personality etc.), it's just small enough, so it's fine. Haha, no problem.

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 1 August 2017 at 11:44 AM

@plisser9

Thanks!

I forgot an important detail ^^" Not that I edited it, its 367 words~ Sorry for being such a handful but I'm the type of person who's a try hard on trying to met guidelines ^^"

Female
452 posts

karakia • 1 August 2017 at 4:08 PM

@plisser9

I've edited my previous post with my entry ^-^ I'm pretty sure it's near/at 300 words haha

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 1 August 2017 at 4:52 PM

@cloudslay3r I've asked other people to cut down their entries to fit the word limit, so for the sake of fairness, please do as well. I don't want the contest to become about who has the longest, most detailed entries and would like to keep them all within a ballpark range. This is also so I don't have to "slog through" entries, I want to enjoy reading them as much as possible and I can do that best when they're not much more than a page long. In fact, I think I should have made the word limit 50 words or so smaller.

I haven't read it yet, but some things you can do to shorten it is make some appropriate sections more list-like and less sentence-like and cut down on adverbs. Think of ways you can condense what you say so that it means the same thing in less words. I hope you understand. Thanks for submitting your entry 😊. I'm sorry this is a such a long reply haha.

@karakia Yours is just a couple words over and you can edit it if you want, but I think it's inconsequential.

Female
1,689 posts

cloudslay3r • 1 August 2017 at 6:58 PM

@plisser9

I understand! I hope 308 is fine~

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 1 August 2017 at 8:05 PM

@cloudslay3r You know what, I'll take it.

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 2 August 2017 at 5:29 PM

@plisser9

I've edited my previous post and added my entry. I hope I haven't made any mistakes =)

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 3 August 2017 at 4:13 AM

@zx-metalmonster If you could edit it down about 10 words it would be perfect.

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 3 August 2017 at 4:44 AM

@plisser9

I went through it again and tried to remove all unnecessary words =) I'm not sure how much shorter it is now but I'm sure it has at least 10 less words.

29 posts

starpup5 • 3 August 2017 at 9:47 AM

May i enter the contest?
My entry is of a character i creature using the spirit animal game.
name: Aisha Wisekeeper
She has red hair and brown eyes.
Likes running through the woods with her fox spirit animal Scarlett, riding horseback with Luka (good friend of hers) dislikes Poachers, being bossed around, and closed in spaces.
Personality loyal, kind, courageous, tricky, and clever. Don't let her fool you she may seem innocent but she is very very tricky.
Backstory.
She lived in a village not far from a Greencloak base. She often spied on the concoreors for her village. In a battle with the concoreors Aisha was left in her village but by sunset the other villagers hadn't returned. She went the other children who were left behind to search for their families. When Aisha returned she spread the news of what had happened. The villagers were all alone. Aisha being a Wisekeeper became leader of the village due to her know how and quick tricks. About two years ago she summoned Scarlett her red fox due to the spirit animal bond as they grew closer the power they had increased. Ever since they have been inseparable and very tricky.
Abilities to disappear and reappear in another place.

sorry i had to fix something i didn't see the world Erdas and Nilo is a country in Erdas and you don't allow that.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 3 August 2017 at 12:58 PM

@plisser9

Could I join? Here's my entry!

Intro: Janet is from the Cariss Galaxy and she traveled back in time to save the Earth.
Palette: Brown hair pulled back in a ponytail with traces of black hairs as well. She has tan skin with tints of purple in her cheeks with an array of grays and browns and greens in her eyes.
Likes: She loves sunflower seeds and she eats them whenever she's stressed or sad or happy or just plain hungry. She also loves dressing up and putting designs together for a masterpiece.
Dislikes: Broccoli and sodas, the tingling from sodas burn her throat, making it feel like it's on fire. Broccoli feels like spider webs to her.
Personality: Outspoken, smart, defying, silly, to-the-point, descriptive, leadership+
Backstory: When Janet was born into royalty, she knew her life would be messed up, but it turns out, royalty rubs off on her, she knows how to direct people. When she watches a documentary on Earth's destruction, it horrifies her and she knows she has to help the people of Earth...by going back in time. She knows she can fix the Earth by putting everyone's minds to the same idea, getting rid of cheap, killing foods and drinks and planting plants to keep the Earth happier.
Abilities: She concludes problems easily
Other:

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 3 August 2017 at 5:13 PM

@zx-metalmonster Great.
@starpup5 You already submitted your entry. Check the first post, you're in the list of entrants.
@stagfire Sure.

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 3 August 2017 at 5:45 PM

Hello, I am of coarse wolfkit and I really, really want to join I have had this character in my mind and it makes perfectly good sense everyone once in a while feels like a nobody that no one cares so, when I saw this topic I was like yay! EC I love writing and I am broke I don't even have 200,000 EC

Name: Luke

Personality: he doesn't really have his own personality he always follows his "friends" around and do what they would expect him to do, nothing, yet sometimes he can be reckless, but gentle. He always hesitates thinking what people would do in this situation fight or hide. Although he likes to be with his dad a lot but most of the times he is alone and locked in his room.

Looks: He has blonde spiky hair with brown eyes that always seem to be crying.

Other: he likes to hang out with his dad, he doesn't really have much of a choice any ways. His mom always wanted a girl and so she left him she didn't move out or anything like that, she still lives at there house, but she doesn't pay any attention to him as if he is just a disease that can never be around, but she hasn't left his dad, she still cares about his dad she still cares about everything in her life except her only son, and he thinks more and more that he is just there like some mistake that nobody cared to fix.

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 3 August 2017 at 6:35 PM

@wolfkit I look forward to reading about your character 😊

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 3 August 2017 at 10:15 PM

@plisser9

A character in a book I want to write.

Intro: Snow is white fawn that sacrificed herself to save her herd.

Palette: She has a white pelt and dark blue eyes.

Likes: Snow likes daisies, tulips, and playing in snow.. She also likes running in a field with the wind blowing in her face. She does it when she is stressed, bored, or just playing for fun.

Dislikes: Evil, mean-hearted deer that try to kill other deer or take their territory, wolves, smelly stuff, and being told what to do when she doesn't want to.

Personality: Joyful, energetic, warm-hearted, nice.

Backstory: She was born in the wintertime when everyone was starving to death. Her mother, Leaf, died, including many more deer. Miraculously, she survived. She was raised by another female named Spark. She began having weird dreams that felt real. One had evil deer that were inside the herd and outside, spying on them. They launched an attack on her herd. A spirit deer said that you should do what you think should be done. One day, the same exact thing happened, and then she realized that she had to sacrifice herself to save her herd. She did, and some of her spirit still lives in many generations of white fawns after her.

Abilities: she has dreams that tell the future.

Other: Her spirit even lives in evil white deer, so they are not completely evil.

Hope this isn't over 300 words... I might edit to make it better.

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 3 August 2017 at 10:56 PM

@iris1929578 You're under the word limit, so you're fine.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 August 2017 at 4:37 AM

@plisser9 sorry for the late reply ive been away but thank you for entering me!

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 8 August 2017 at 5:30 AM

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest. I had a lot of fun reading all your ideas. I'm starting with places 10-6, so someone please post so I can announce the rest.

Make a lot and I'll offer the appropriate amount of ec. Post the link here or on my profile. I've included my (not professional) analyses, you don't have to read yours if you don't want to 😋

10. @wolfkit – Luke’s personality (or lack of) is interesting. The neglectful parent story is somewhat played out, but it does influence who Luke is. He could use just a bit more fleshing out. It’s hard to make a character who doesn’t do a whole lot intriguing so it may be helpful to know what he does in his room, give him a passion. Luke has a solid foundation as a character, and I think you can take him places.

9. @vos – The story behind Cadeau is entertaining and well-made although I wish I knew more about his personal backstory and personality. I have a question, though: Why does he get fed up controlling rats and mice? Was he fine with it at first? Overall, it makes sense, just a bit of embellishment would be nice.

8. @karakia – Her personality is intriguing. Her backstory, however, is pretty typical, though I can see how that would help shape who she is. Another thing is how does Harper even have friends? It seems she would go through them very quickly lol. I think she’s pretty cool, though.

7. @neko-sama – Cool design. I have to admit I’m partial to this kind of character, and I think everything is built well. One thing that’s confusing is why Flurry doesn’t care that he fused with a dragon. It’d be interesting to see how he got into that situation in the first place and how that plays into who he is.

6. @cloudslay3r – I appreciate Eclipse’s ‘contradictory’ traits. Her backstory is somewhat typical, though. Her superstar persona is great and matches with her people-pleasing characteristic well. She’s interesting and I can tell a lot of care went into creating her. She reminds me of fantasy/battle anime, which is cool.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 August 2017 at 6:34 AM

congrats to the winners so far!

will that post do 😋

Deleted • 8 August 2017 at 6:40 AM

Congratulations to the winners said so far! 😊

Non-binary
198 posts

plisser9 • 8 August 2017 at 7:02 AM

On to the top 5. If you weren't chosen, I still have (not professional) analyses of your characters that I'll post (unless you don't want me to?). They were interesting and it was difficult to choose. Thank you for participating!

Make a lot and post it here or on my wall and I'll offer the appropriate amount of ec.

5.@thedarkarcher – Enemy to her own kind, I like it. She comes together nicely. What I want more information on is why does she hate the vampire clan ways (what about them is evil?), and why did her father who I assume Scarlet takes after marry her mother? Overall I like Scarlet quite a bit.

4. @lightningpaws – Her personality makes sense given her backstory. She seems ironically almost cat-like herself while being afraid of cats, intended or not. The neglectful parent trope is a little played out and difficult for me to believe but everything else is good. Hopefully Caroline will get some good therapy.

3. @stagfire – Janet’s personality is great, she's a nice break from the stoic leader type. I like that she goes back in time... to get rid of unhealthy food. Her being born into royalty and disliking it (how would it mess up her life?) or getting leadership skills from it was strange to me, though. Janet surprised me, in a good way.

2. @iris1929578 – Snow seems to have a mystical aura to her. Everything about her fits well together. The seeing dreams of the future is a trope that I’m not fond of but it’s used nicely and adds to the mysticism. Her messianic archetype works with her becoming a spirit that affects her world and not just for good. I don’t know what role she plays in your story but having her hero’s spirit in an evil deer is quite an interesting idea.

*****1. @zx-metalmonster *****– I can really envision him, and I like the world you created around him as well. I can’t find any fault with Geo’s story or creation. I'm just kind of amazed right now. If you ever publish a story with this world, I want to read it.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 August 2017 at 7:16 AM

@plisser9 wow i really wasnt expecting to win anything thank you soo much! writing has always been a struggle of mine so to win is well quite encouraging actually! thank you for hosting this its both generous and kind too do this for others and if you ever need anything let me know!

Trade #870192 here is the lot please let me know if you would like a different item!

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 8 August 2017 at 7:44 AM

@plisser9

Wow, with so many people participating I didn't expect that placement XD Thank you for the kind analysis and organizing a great contest =)

I've made a trade with a random travel, if you'd like an item or something else in stead I can change it.
Trade #870193

Female
137 posts

vos • 8 August 2017 at 8:10 AM

@plisser9
Thanks for the contest. It was fun 😊

The cat is not tired of catching vermin per se. He's tired of catching them on behalf of the dissolute, thieving pirates. I obviously didn't make that clear. That's why he punishes them and appropriates their treasure.

Don't worry about the prize ec. Give it to a deserving newb!

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 8 August 2017 at 8:36 AM

@plisser9

thanks for the EC! I didn't think I would win. and the contest was really fun i hope you do it again soon

Trade #870198

Deleted • 8 August 2017 at 8:38 AM

Oh well. Congrats to the winners and CONGRATULATIONS @zx-metalmonster!!! 😊

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 8 August 2017 at 9:08 AM

@hxhx2006

Thank you! =)

Deleted • 8 August 2017 at 9:16 AM

@plisser9 Hi! My friend @rbubblegum who entered the competition had quitr but she still wants her comments! Can you pm me them and I will send them to her!