n00b alert

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
5 posts

coven • 15 September 2017 at 2:45 PM

Hello! As you can by the title, I'm a total n00b and trying to get the grasp of what's going on 😋 My name is Hannah and I live in North Carolina. I like animals, coffee, sleeping and watching gossipy TV shows. I hope to meet some of you and I look forward to playing on the site!

Female
3,755 posts

sparklefox • 15 September 2017 at 4:09 PM

@slayia - Welcome to Egg Cave! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

If you are replying to someone, you should ping them. Otherwise, they won't be notified of your reply and therefore be unaware that you've done so. To ping someone, simply type an @ followed by their username (e.g. @sparklefox ). You can also click the left-pointing orange arrow in the grey box below a forum post.

Checking out the Forum Rules and the Site Guidelines would be an easy way to start. These explain what is and what isn't acceptable regarding the site itself and the forums. A couple of other useful links are the Player Guide (a helpful list of commonly asked questions) and the eCode guide (the code tags used around the site, such as the tags I'm using to make this appear in italics. Just a little tip, but EC doesn't seem to currently support BBCode or HTML tags, so posting your creatures onto these forums using the codes provided for them will not work.).

A common mistake from newbies is that they'll ping and reply to people who have commented on their wall using their own wall. Pinging does not work out of forums and the blog, and to reply to the comments made on your wall, you go to the user's wall instead. That way, they will be notified about your reply.

Egg Coins (EC) is the main currency of this site, and is used to purchase most of the things available on the site - such as items and travels for your creatures. These are mainly gained through feeding eggs / creatures. Cave Cash (CC) is another currency and is used in the Cash Shop Park. This is purchased through real life money and can be spent on many exclusive items and creatures only available here. Exchange Credits (XC) is for use in the Click Exchange - found by clicking on the XC amount in the sidebar. These are gained through clicking the creatures in the Click Exchange, and every click on any creature(s) you have in here uses one of your XC. If you have none left, then your creature(s) won't appear in the Click Exchange until you gain more (and yes, getting a minus amount is completely normal and happens when people click fast enough on your creature(s)).

This post here explains many different abbreviations which are commonly used around this site. It would be helpful to read through it, in my opinion.

Any creature which has reached level 2,000 or over is considered immortal and so cannot die. To evolve your creatures, you need to reach the right amount of stats for that creature's species (200 feeds, 1,000 views, etc.). You can find this out via looking up the species in The Archives, available under the Explore tab above.

I apologise if you knew any of the above information already.

Have a great day, and a nice time here!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 15 September 2017 at 5:29 PM

@slayia

Hello! 😃 Welcome to Eggcave. ^^ I have created a helpful guide for new players who just don't know the "rarities" or "values" of their, and other player's, creatures. While I do not know individual values myself, I do have a little bit of information for groups.

A quick rundown of creature "rarities":

Commons: These are creatures that are available in the Cave. They aren't really valued and the only time people pay for commons is for hoards, immortal commons (by the way, "immortal" means your creature is over level 2000 and cannot die), and star commons. Sometimes they can be referred to as "junkies" or "junk eggs", as people commonly use them for buying/selling creatures.

Endangered: These are creatures that used to common, but are no longer found in the Cave. They can rarely be found in Leila Oasis, but players can spend hours refreshing the tab without finding a single creature. Creatures that have been endangered for years can be worth a lot of EC depending on the creature.

Available Monthlies: Called "Monthlies", these are creatures that are shown on the Site Blog at the start of every month, and there are exactly two of them. They represent the theme of the month, such as how February would be love, March would be luck/green, etc. These creatures always retire at the end of the month, meaning you can no longer find them in the Cave. They can be worth from 5,000 EC or higher depending on the popularity of the creature.

Retired Monthlies: These are "Monthlies", but cannot be found in the Cave. Old monthlies can go for millions of EC, sometimes even CC depending on the creature. Newly retired Monthlies can anywhere from 10,000 to 40,000, I've found.

Avaliable Cash Shop Creatures: Commonly referred to as "CSP", these creatures can be found in the Cash Shop Park. They require CaveCash, or CC, which requires real money. Sometimes people sell CSP for 5,000,000 EC, the equivalent of 500 CC, but I don't see this happen often. Normally, to acquire a CSP, you need 500 CC to purchase it in the Cash Shop Park.

Retired Cash Shop Creatures: Also referred to as "CSP". These creatures can no longer be found in the CSP, and over time their value rises from 500 CC to higher amounts. Popular CSP can grow to 1000 CC in value in just a couple of months, and extremely popular and old CSP can even go for 6000 - 10,000 CC! A few examples are the Nym and the Biwo. The Gobbler, I know, is extremely expensive, going for ten thousands of CC.

Creature Release Week Creatures: Commonly called "CRW", these creatures are released into the Cave like Monthlies, but instead of every month, only in January. There are 7 CRW per January, and sometimes people can go crazy for them. They all retire at the end of January, so the second last and last CRW's are usually rare and coveted. CRW's are worth more than Monthlies, as you only have 7-1 day to acquire them. One CRW is released for each day in the last week.

Thief Shop Creatures: Also referred to as "TS creatures". These creatures can only be found in the Thief Shop, however the chance of finding an egg is very rare. If you do happen to find an egg up for sale, you do not know exactly what the egg will hatch. Will it hatch a creature? Or will it just be a fake? The prices for these eggs can range anywhere, but the most successful finds are usually very expensive, around 500,000 EC or more. TS creatures' value differ depending on the creature. The older they get, the less they are worth. The most expensive TS creature at this minute is the Shawloot. While the Dilloton is the most recently released TS creature, there are none on the market, if any exist. While the value differs depending on the creature, they are all worth 500 CC or more.

Just remember that prices can change at any time, and that the value of a creature matters not on it's age, but on it's popularity. 😸 Also remember that everyone here is very helpful, and will be able to help you with specific creature values. ^^

Also, if you missed it, here is a rundown of the currency here:

Egg Coins: Commonly referred to as "EC". EC can be gained completely free, by feeding creatures, winning "games", events, and from trading/selling with other players. A way you can sell your creatures to anyone for EC: you can put your creatures up for auction in the Auctions, found under the "shops" tab (Remember that creature values still apply here, so if you put up a Common for 50,000 EC, no one is going to bid).

CaveCash: Referred to as "CC". CC can be gained by buying it with real money in the Cash Shop Park. The reason why it costs money is stated here. Sometimes other players who buy CC sell it for EC. The commonly used ratio is 10,000 EC for 1 CC, so 500,000 EC gives you 50 CC, 1,000,000 EC gives you 100 CC, etc.

These currencies can be used to buy creatures, names, or CC (in EC's case) with other players, but they can also be used on the site. You can buy items in the shops to use on your creatures, the most commonly used type of item are called "travels". Once you use them on a creature, it shows up as a background. Once removed, travels cannot be reused, unless they are travels bought in the Cash Shop Park (called CC travels), which can be bought for 50 CC a piece.

-

If this seems like a lot of information to remember, just keep in mind that if you stick with Eggcave long enough, you'll learn all of this eventually. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me or any of the kind people of this site. ^^

Also, this guide does not explain the whole of this site. This guide merely explains creature rarities in-depth for your viewing convenience. 😊