Creature 'has' 0 items but displays a travel

in Problems & Bugs

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 13 February 2018 at 7:14 PM

When you add a travel to a creature, it will say on the creature profile that that creature has 1 item (or more if you've given it more) You can click on that orange number and look at the different shops to see where the items are from.

But on one of my creatures, it has a travel that I can see, but says it has no items. I clicked on the orange number and looked under Travel Agency and Trinket Travels but my creature literally has no items. In my Inventory, when you click the dropdown menu for adding a travel to a creature, it says this creature is currently traveling.

This bug isn't impeding on my ability to enjoy this site, I just found it interesting and was wondering if anyone else has seen this before. I have a screenshot if you'd like: https://imgur.com/oIeRfZp

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 13 February 2018 at 7:18 PM

@sodabearjess

Maybe it is a trinket travel? Or maybe it was applied before ECT implemented items used function

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 13 February 2018 at 9:35 PM

@sodabearjess
Any travels that were applied before item collections were implemented won't show up in a creature's collection. This is not a bug, its similar to how you can't resurrect a creature that died before resurrection was a thing, there is no record of the action of applying that travel to that creature. The creature in question is old enough that this is most likely the case, especially if you did not recently apply the travel yourself.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 13 February 2018 at 10:04 PM

@Orderedchaos this is kinda random but can you make being able to resurrect those kind of creatures a thing? For example if a really old user came back on who was on hiatus had a lot of dead creatures that they wanted to keep, it would be cool if they could resurrect them 😊

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 13 February 2018 at 10:05 PM

@wigglytuff
There is literally no record of creatures that died before then making it impossible to resurrect them. We can't resurrect things that there is no record of.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 13 February 2018 at 10:26 PM

@Orderedchaos My florn ;-; I had no idea it was so valuable back then at Christmas '11 xD

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 13 February 2018 at 11:05 PM

@ethereality @Orderedchaos Thank you for clearing it up, that makes sense 😊

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 13 February 2018 at 11:08 PM

@sodabearjess No prob! Glad to help 😊