Shattered Skies [Roleplay Thread]

in Roleplaying

Deleted • 6 April 2018 at 7:09 PM

@lazyanon @nightmaremoon12
"Hello there, kitty. What's a little fellow like you doing up here? I don't suppose you are a just normal cat anymore right? Due to the Cataclysm, all being have evolved or adapted to their surroundings by
learn ing a few little tricks."
The sky flashed again, I don't suppose.. no, it's either someone in trouble or some discovering has been found. Those mad people scientists.. they have lost all their senses. My few run ins with them were not pleasant. I cannot do anything to help, it would be like going on a wild goose chase.
Shrugging off the thought, Callista bend down to scoop the cat into her arms, casually asking Vee whether he possibly had any powers in talking to creatures. They walked on towards the marketplace, Callista's destination before she was distracted by Vee. As they walked, rain started pouring from the void. The rain as it was now black and murky, almost like ink from a cataract spilling onto our faces, I conjured a large umbrella secretly, making it seem as if I had it all along, I hoped not to reveal too many abilities while searching out whether Vee would harm me using his. The raindrops splattered onto the ground when I held it above our heads, making the ground even blacker. It was as if even the water had its essence absorbed from the Void, it's translucent color turned black. I peered at a few varieties of vegetables, so mutated so bad but some still decent looking, poor plants their life was more for our dinner and they desperately needed the help of the magical in this world. They was no Sun, the only life giving power in the universe. It had been taken away from us forcefully and so suddenly too. We continue on through...

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 6 April 2018 at 7:43 PM

@playermocha345 @nightmaremoon12
Cassie: once she got scooped up by the other girl she thought about jumping out but the rain made her stay. It's a lot dryer with them and it's hard to walk with wet fur. She turned her head to get a better look at the one that picked her up's face. The girl was interesting. It was obvious that she could use magic but kinds?

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 April 2018 at 8:56 PM

@playermocha345 @lazyanon (I like how you two have two different perspectives on whether or not Vee is male or female. Spoiler alert: They're neither.)

"Callista, does your umbrella double as a shotgun?" Vee asked out of nowhere. They opened up their own umbrella as well. "I met an echo of Callie that helped me repair my broken umbrella. She turned it into a weapon that could attack and look stylish. I have the abilities of a vampire though, but I'd rather not use them offensively. Hey, check this out." Grabbing an apple from a stall, Vee handed it over to Callista. When she will grab it, the apple would appear heavier than usual.
"Density manipulation. I made the apple heavy."

Taking a peek at the sky again, Vee began to smile.
"We have stars in the sky. but the clouds had already covered them. The stars may just be a simulation, but they're stars nonetheless! The scientists are doing their best to imitate the cycle of day and night. I wonder if artificial sunlight will affect me?"

~

Running through the large labyrinth that was Serin's underground home, she and Haentrus managed to find the portal that lead to Camie's lab in Hanoma. Going through, they both collapsed on the ground, before getting back up. Camie just looked at them in confusion.
"You could've told me in advance." Camie sighed at the two.

"Callie was kidnapped!" Serin exclaimed, as Camie's confused look instantly turned into a look of shock. "They were also after Haentrus as well. They must have had her because of the fact she is the Time Destruction."

Camie gasped, before she quickly went on her laptop, trying to find her location.
"I don't think I told anyone else this, but I added in a tracker to the Destructions while Haeny and Callie weren't looking."

Haentrus narrowed his eyes at Camie. "Wait, how did you-"

"While you weren't looking. You were sleeping on my couch once, so I decided to use that to add in the tracker." Camie then pointed at a part of the screen. "There she is! She's in... Oh." She slowly grew silent when she realized where they had taken her.

"Wait, where?" Serin asked, snatching the laptop from Camie and staring at the location. "Hey, isn't this the original location of SoulNet?"

"She's in Gemrius City. That's not too far from here. Can you get a psychic link to your twin?" Haentrus said. "I know you have that kind of power."

"I know," Camie responded, "but they seem to be failing on me. I don't know why. It's just... I don't feel like myself right now."

Serin and Haentrus looked at each other for a bit, as if they were hiding something from her.
"We got her location, we just need to go to her." Serin smiled. "Don't worry, she'll be alright. Can you call Vee? They could certainly help at a time like this."

"I got it." Haentrus took out a phone from his pockets, much to the surprise of Serin and Camie. He looked back at them as if this was normal.
"What? It's like you've never seen me use a phone before. Callie gave me one, remember?" Finding Vee on his contacts, labeled as The Vampire, he began to call them.

~

Vee felt their phone's muffled ringings in their pockets. Grabbing it out to reveal some cheesy video game music as a ringtone, they stopped to see who was calling.
"It's Haentrus." They mumbled. They had labeled Haen as the on that tried to kill me and several others on their phone. Vee had been planning on changing that soon. Answering the call, they started off with a simple "Hello, Haen?"

Vampire, this is very urgent. Where are you?

"I'm at Immersia. Why is it urgent?"

Callie's been captured by some people. Her current wherabouts are in Gemrius City.

"Gemrius? Why would-"

Something that has to do with SoulNet.

"...Them, hmm?" Vee said with disappointment and sarcasm. "Why do they need her for?"

She's a powerful psychic and the embodiment of the Time Destruction. What more do you need? She could be used as a living battery by those humans!

"Alright, I'll be there." Hanging up, Vee turned to Callista and the kitten. Bat wings sprawled up behind their back.
"...Sorry. I have to go somewhere. It's really urgent." Flapping their wings, Vee began to ascend up into the air. "Callie's..." They mumbled, unable to finish the sentence in front of them.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 6 April 2018 at 9:01 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @playermocha345
Cassie:she then moved her head to get a better look at Vee the meowed at her. And gave Vee a look of curiosity and batted a paw near her as if she's calling Vee over. No! She's leaving! Cassie furiously thought. She wanted to talk to Vee in private.

Deleted • 6 April 2018 at 10:59 PM

@lazyanon
The cat made as to jump onto Vee's wings, catching it at the last second. I wrapped my arms around the cat.
"Sorry kitty, but it seems like you will have to come with me for the moment, Vee's seems busy. I'll take him to you another day. Maybe Miho has a spell that will allow you to communicate your wishes to Vee? I certainly don't speak Catnish..." Callista murmured to the cat.

I can't keep calling you kitty, for now what about the name Neesa?
I brought Neesa along with me, and we walked together pass stall that sold fish and another rare delicacy, ice cream. I bought one and lick it as i inspected the wares sold at the small makeshift marketplace. The area was rundown but mostly rebuilt, the struture of society somewhat stabilized after these 5 years.
------
As we entered the apartment, we were dried by a simple spell cast by Miho while he sat on the couch, my books piled high beside him. Wait. Wait! My books! There're all messed up now.
Crying out I dashed over and started to reorganize them. I gave up after a while, it was fruitless. I glared at Miho and he smiled sheepishly. Giving up, i prepared some kibbles for Neesa, the cat.
"Miho.. you aren't by any chance allergic to cats, are you?" Callista asked after seeing Miho grow red and start sneezing.
"No. Achoo. I'm choo not. Achoo allergic *sniffle* cats. *honk* happens when *grabs a tissue from out of nowhere* someone uses my name as a curse." Miho tried to say as he ran his words together.
"Oh, good. This is Neesa the random cat that i found. You wouldn't by any chance know of a spell that would allows us to communicate with Neesa, do you?"

@nightmaremoon12 Bye Vee. Cya again another time. Maybe i could pop in sometime convenient.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 6 April 2018 at 11:17 PM

@playermocha345 Cassie is hypoallergenic so if you're allergic to cats to can still have her around and Cassie can speak but she just doesn't want to.
Cassie she jumped on the couch next to Miho. "You have the magic strong enough to understand my natural language? And I already have a name." She said in catnish.

Deleted • 6 April 2018 at 11:27 PM

@lazyanon
"I certainly do, little cat. What is your original name? So that i can correct my friend here." Miho replied. Miho stratched the cat behind its ears and asked: " What is your species, little one? And your gender?"

meowmeowmeowmeowmeow. Meow? Mrrwal, rrr!
. . . . . .Holy guacamolely, Miho you speak Cat?
Callista's head spun round and round as she watched the scene before her, confused beyond belief. The sight was indeed strange, a boy and a cat speaking so naturally in sounds she only imitate before.
I know this feeling! It's when people start talking in a different language before me and i don't understand. And i'm left there staring at them. Silent and resigned.

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 6 April 2018 at 11:33 PM

@playermocha345
Cassie: " I can however speak and understand every language. And it's Cassie and I'm female. I want to talk to Vee because a lot of her books where in my past owner house. He was known as the alchemist. Some of the monsters are his mutated creations. And I'm keen on getting rid of them." She calmly said in English.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 April 2018 at 11:46 PM

Thief saw the sky shine with stars, clouds blocking the view of most of them.
"Shiny," she said in admiration. She saw something fly across the night sky: it was a person with pale skin and wings- no, it was a vampire. She decided to follow the dark figure because someone had told her a rumor that things that fly always have a stash of candy.

(And she was stupid enough to believe it. She's usually very clever and smart but when it comes to sugar she'll believe anything)

Deleted • 6 April 2018 at 11:53 PM

@lazyanon

The cat is a lie! It can speak!- Callista's first thought
" Monsters? Oh those monsters, i know of a few ways to kill them.. I ran across a few, nearly took my head off, one of the nasty manticore with multiples head and a pair of pigeon wings.(tiny, i know)"
"You could have spoken to catch Vee's attention before.. , well it might have been a shock but my poor heart would get over it. I'll call you Nee-- Cassie from now on."

Callista turned to Pistacho and talk softly to the plant, the creeper plant nuzzled its stem against her chin, and she paid attention to the plants growing on the balcony.Callista offered offhandedly:" Cassie, you could stay here for a while, i don't mind. I adored cats when i was young, but after everything happened.. you couldn't really find a cat anywhere, neither was i really searching very hard."
------
"Callista, I'm heading out." Miho shouted as he walked out the door.

A distance away, he removed his gloves, and stared at the mark on his palm. Time to let loose the beast inside..
Loose tendrils of darkness emitted from Miho's body, wrapping around him and engulfing him in it. He turned into a creature with humanoid features. He ducked into an alleyway, and slipped into the shadows. Slithering pass people and buildings, he reached an enclosed space. He thought he was alone, but..

@wigglytuff, want Thief to meet with Miho?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 6 April 2018 at 11:56 PM

@playermocha345 sure ^^ Thief is following Vee right now because of a fake rumor that she believes.

@nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 April 2018 at 12:00 AM

@lazyanon @playermocha345 (Even when I tell you Vee is neither male or female you still use he/him and she/her. Lel.)

Vee continued flying onto Gemrius City. It has been a long time since they've been flying. They would rather prefer turning into mist and such, but this was more natural.

~

Serin, Haentrus, and Camie headed off to Gemrius on foot. If Vee would be coming, the best way to find them would be through the dark figure in the night, or a bunch of mist gathered together.

"Gee, I hope Callie's alright..." Camie muttered.

"She'll be fine. I just know it." Haentrus replied, smiling at Camie. "You know your sister's strong."

"Or being used for something malicious." Serin interjected. "Five years can really change a society. I just hope she's not hurt or badly injured..."

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 7 April 2018 at 12:03 AM

@playermocha345
Cassie: "I'm sure there are other cats. They probably not 100% cats anymore... the reason I didn't talk before was because there were a ton of people around and a talk cat will attract attention. The monsters I'm talking about are the wild elemental,golems,and the mutant humongous and things of the sort are the alchemist fault. And because he's dead I feel like it's my responsibility to get rid of them now."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 April 2018 at 12:03 AM

@nightmaremoon12

"Hey, you up there!" Thief called, probably sounding really stupid. She sunk into the ground and continue to follow the vampire.

~~~~~

The three stumbled upon a forest.
"Let's just go through. We should almost be there." Nya encouraged.

Deleted • 7 April 2018 at 12:04 AM

@wigglytuff But Vee is flying off right now. Can Theif catch up?

@nightmaremoon12 He or she sounds better than it. Vee can be amused by it.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 April 2018 at 12:05 AM

@playermocha345 hopefully xD

Thief looked up from the ground; the vampire was flying ahead. She sped up and called out to them again, but louder.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 April 2018 at 12:08 AM

@playermocha345 (But the pronoun they/them exists and it's grammatically correct.)

"Hmm?" Vee looked downward. They sensed a presence down below. "I can't, I have to focus..." They said to themselves, before continuing to fly in the direction they were already at, but a bit faster.
At least being a vampire means extreme speed. I don't want to waste my energy, though. Vee thought, as they flew off.

(too fast response aaaaa)

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 April 2018 at 12:11 AM

"Hello?" Thief called out. But the vampire only flew faster. She leaped up to see who it was.
"Of, you're Vee Larca, right? I've read all your books."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 April 2018 at 12:17 AM

"Sorry! I can't talk now; I got something to do!" Vee yelled, before they were already flying even faster, leaving an after-image as they flew.

~

"You know what?" Haentrus grabbed Camie and Serin's arms and proceeded to fly above the trees and into Gemrius. "Why didn't we just fly like two thirds of us can do?"

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 April 2018 at 12:20 AM

"Wait! If I help you, will you talk to me after? It's URGENT." Thief begged.

@nightmaremoon12

Lexa looked up.
"Are those...?"
"Stars. Yes. I've heard about them," Nya finished. "Beautiful, aren't they?" Her eyes sparkled with peacefulness. "I wonder how that happened. Woah, maybe there'll be daytime. I don't know anything about the sun but I heard sunsets are absolutely breathtaking."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 April 2018 at 12:28 AM

@wigglytuff

"You'll have to catch me first if you want me to say yes. My matters are more urgent." Vee flew off once more. They were so close to Gemrius. The city had constantly protected itself from any dangerous creatures of the Cataclysm, so it was one of the least affected places.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 7 April 2018 at 12:30 AM

Thief continued to chase after the vampire.
"If your matter is urgent, i said I could offer help."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 8 April 2018 at 6:53 AM

"Who I'm dealing with... Is too much for someone on the streets to handle." Vee said. Gemrius was already close by.
Once they made it to the city, they landed on a very tall building and sat on the very side of it. They then grabbed out their phone and began to call Camie.

"Hello? I'm already in Gemrius."

We're just close by. Haentrus is flying us.

"I see why we would bring him."

There should be a factory. SoulNet went downhill ever since the Cataclysm, and their building, as well as some few in Gemrius, aren't doing well to begin with.

"I don't know where to look, though. I guess I should start looking for large abandoned factories. I'll talk to you later."

Goodbye, Larca. Camie hung up on her phone. Although they were making it to Gemrius, Haentrus was already having trouble carry her and Serin along by hand.
"Serin, why can't you help me carry Camie along?"

"Because last time I checked, you wanted to help us."

"No, I don't, Serin!" Haen exclaimed. "I'm only here because of Callie."

"What about me?" Camie asked.

"I said Callie, not her other twin sister." Haentrus scoffed. "Anyways, we're already here. The vampire must already be awaiting us, so we should already meet up at the factory."

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 8 April 2018 at 1:29 PM

Thief decided to follow the vampire anyways. She looked up at the building they landed on. "Do you think it's true?" She asked herself.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 9 April 2018 at 1:47 AM

Callie felt her own energy slowly being drained away. They were forcing her own powers out of her to siphon it. She was currently feeling too much pain to even remotely scream for help. Even if she did, would anybody care?
Humans... She thought. They would rather skin each other than find peaceful ways to problems. The problem is, the energy of the Time Destruction reacts horridly when forced out of the user.

Soon, Callie was surrounded by a white barrier. The figure tried to go to it to see what went on, but as soon it went inside, it rapidly aged further until it turned into a rotting corpse, and became nothing more than a skeleton that soon turned into dust.

This was then quickly remedied when these flesh-like appendages quickly engulfed Callie and soon encased her in some eliptical energy shield that seemed to have frozen her as it continued to drain the near-infinite energy she had. She was seen in a comatose-like state as she was just in the dead center of this spherical barrier that surrounded her.

“We can’t get closer to her without dying, so I guess we’ll have to use this.” A woman in her late thirties popped out of the shadows, staring at Callie with lifeless eyes. “After what has she done to change the course of history...” She stopped, before turning to a person.
“So we haven’t captured the dragon? Well, there’s no point in capturing him. The Destruction will lead him to his ultimate demise.” The woman cackled, before two pairs of dragon wings appeared from her back.
“A shame. None of them will be missed, especially that dragon. He has done enough damage as it is.”

She then pondered for a bit, before stopping and smirking.
“Or maybe I can use the dragon for my own usage.”

~

Haentrus quickly flew over to Vee on the building top, turning into a human with Serin and Camie holding his hands.
“Vampire, we have arrived.” He said. “I thought you’d be checking out for abandoned factories while we waited.”

“I didn’t,” Vee responded, “because I have someone that keeps on following me. Anyways, do you think that flash of strange light emitting from that factory there seems suspicious as it is?”

“I believe so,” Serin answered Vee. “Shall we?”

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 9 April 2018 at 10:15 AM

Thief saw two others land on top of the building.
"Ooh, more flying people," she said and followed them.

Deleted • 9 April 2018 at 10:26 AM

But, a little girl and boy stumbled out, both of them staring in fright at Miho, backing away slowly Miho turned to run. The girl raised her hand towards Miho, crying out desperately "Wait! Please!"
Miho stilled, and twisted his deformed body to face her, tendrils swirling around his body.
The girl's hand was still raised up, and the boy was standing protectively behind her, body tensed as prepared to defend the both of them at any moment.
"Could you, can you.. tell us when it is? And where this it?" she asked tentatively.
"When and where? Why do you ask such a weird question? Do you not know?" Miho's voice rumbled, deep and guttural.
"Please, answer me.. Or show me." the girl threw caution to the wind and invited a situation that could leave her vulnerable. The boy hissed as she said that, disliking her recklessness.

*note to self. New characters Auroaz and Owen. Age 13. BFFs.

Deleted • 11 April 2018 at 3:30 AM

Deleted • 11 April 2018 at 3:30 AM

---
Callista stared at Cassie, Cassie stared back. "Well? What do you want to do? Cos, I have absolutely nothing on mind."
Callista had finished everything needed to be done and was not awaiting something interesting to happen.
"Well..You're a cat, but a talking one. Should I.. but you could give my ability away..."Callista muttered.
She paced back and forth, " Lotus Port, Point City, Pinnacle City, Gemrius City,or Woodwind Town. Which should I go to? I should be back before Miho comes back, but if i'm not.. I'll leave a note somewhere."

So?Are you up for an adventure?@lazyanon

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 11 April 2018 at 6:01 AM

"We need to find Callie, and fast." Vee shapeshifted into a bat as they flew off in search of any abandoned warehouse that she might be in. Haentrus turned Serin, Camie, and himself invisible through void magic, and followed Vee.