EggCavity comes back again?!?!

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 June 2018 at 9:12 PM

Hello!

I have been away for a while, and guy... I am so sorry. EggCavity has fallen back out of date and I've let you down.

If I were to come back to EggCave could i get some help? I have lots of things that need to be added to EggCavity and would need the help of those still active on the site.

I have reached out to my old team and now I am looking to make sure we flush out the crew and get everything up to date. Then we will move on to forming a more consistent team to ensure everything is well taken care of at all times.

Thank you all
Lucy

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 10 June 2018 at 9:21 PM

@lbowe_elbow Would love to join the team!

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 June 2018 at 9:23 PM

@ethereality Great!!! I have a system to add/update information on EggCavity. Is there a specialty you think you'd fit into? Creatures? Travels? Items?

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 10 June 2018 at 9:24 PM

@lbowe_elbow Creatures sounds fun! Thanks for doing this btw, Eggcavity is always fun!

Edit: Not sure if you remember this old username, because there has been introduction of username changes but if @motivecat rings any bells (part of the travel suggestion team!)

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 June 2018 at 9:33 PM

@lbowe_elbow

Welcome back!!! 😃 ❤️
I'd be happy to help out if I can. 😸 I mostly keep up to date on creatures, but I can help out on trinkets as well. 😊

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 June 2018 at 9:44 PM

@prairie that is AWESOME! I will PM you!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 10 June 2018 at 9:49 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Another editor had come back a month ago, so I made a list of all of the travels that weren't listed on the site with the rarities (I didn't find a couple), but it seems they haven't updated the site (and they haven't responded). It doesn't include the travels released from then to now, but I can add you to the conversation if you'd like. 😊

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 10 June 2018 at 9:54 PM

@lbowe_elbow
I would love to help out but I only joined late last year, so are there any minor jobs around? XD

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 June 2018 at 9:59 PM

@degong That would be lovely! Do you want to be able to add them on your own or just help with information? Either is welcome (:

@totallynotjoey Well there could be a few things. I think the smallest job would be creature of the month monitor. We normally have a featured creature each month and we need someone to choose/update/create a post about the creature of the month!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 10 June 2018 at 10:02 PM

@lbowe_elbow
I think I’d rather just help with information, since I’m not sure how active I would be. 😋

Added you. 😊

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 10 June 2018 at 10:02 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Ooh, I could probably do that 😸
Does it involve coding and stuff? If it does than I can't as I am so utterly lost with it XD

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 10 June 2018 at 10:08 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Hello! I was wondering if there would be anything I could help with? I may not have been on this site for long but I think I've picked up a lot of stuff about it in the small time frame I've been here and I'm quite active or free to do anything needed. I'm also okay with coding if that's ever needed for something as I used to do small bits of coding for scripts and coding class for games in school.

I'm always looking to help whether it being something small or big, sorry to bother you if you don't need anymore help and thanks for your time!

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 June 2018 at 10:20 PM

@degong
Even if it's just part time, or as you can I'd be more than happy to add you on as a mod! But of course no pressure, this is all just for fun.

@totallynotjoey nope! Totally easy. Just reading through email submissions and chosing your favorite at the beginng of every month.

@mechanicalheart No coding needed at the moment. I will need to get some stuff setup soon but I should be able to take good care of it when it comes up. I am a developer by trade and have learned a lot since I was coding EggCavity's stuff. We are looking for content adders/updaters/etc. I have people working on creatures, and trinket travels. I need people who know about travels and items (or are willing to search for what we're missing). It's a pain but no rush and it's easy!

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 10 June 2018 at 10:22 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Oh sure, that sounds perfect 😸

Female
1,935 posts

mechanicalheart • 10 June 2018 at 10:26 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Alright. I definitely don't know travels and items by heart or memory but I'd be willing and able to go through and try and find any missing items and travels if you'd be fine with me helping?

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 10 June 2018 at 10:29 PM

@mechanicalheart I would love that! I will PM you to get you setup.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 11 June 2018 at 10:11 PM

@lbowe_elbow

I think I’ll be a great editor, if you need one. Spelling mistakes REALLY bug me.

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 11 June 2018 at 10:13 PM

@iris1929578
There is a LOT of stuff on the site to look through. Most of it is copy pasted from the site. What we really need now are content-adders (to catch us op on the 1,000 items we are behind on ): )! Once we get rolling I am trying to create a team of content writers to keep the blog active! Do you think you'd be willing to do either of those things?

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 12 June 2018 at 12:33 AM

Hmm... what exactly does a content writer do? And I’m willing to be a content adder for now, let me see what I can find 😊