Sorcery's Distress [RP Thread]

in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 23 August 2018 at 6:04 AM

SIGN-UPS

~

@thebrokenvibe @amethyst_elf448 @wigglytuff

Magic has been commonplace since it the history of mankind. Some were born with it, others just needed some practice, and there are those who don't have any of the talent.
Recently, heads of the various towns and large cities are all worried about the concern that powerful magicians would overthrow them, and all of them had to prevent it from happening.
To make sure such an event does not occur, there have been plans to hunt down every single magician. Some were aware and hid, some fought back, and others had fallen to their dooms.
Perhaps the fate of magic all depends on the people who side or oppose it. And maybe the Ancient Spirits would be there to guide those...
This is the story of their fate.

~

Romei took the form that she always did - a young child that wanted nothing to do with magic, benevolent or malevolent. Her double life was troublesome and tedious to do, when she got a job helping this old woman with her small store, especially since she couldn't just disappear out of the blue.
The old woman had a bakery, run mostly by herself. Her grandchildren - Miro and Muro - would often come by to help the woman do her job, but Romei did all the work that the children were unable.
When Romei asked about where the children's parents are, they didn't respond. She decided to not press on the matter any further than that.

~

"Ventus Prohibitum!" A nobleman called out to them. "If you want to continue on living another day, you must comply to our demands."

Ventus raised their eyebrow, not wanting to give the nobleman any satisfaction of a yes or a no. "Such as?" They said.

"We have told you countless of times about our problems with this... magic!" He fumed. "You are lucky that someone as amalgamated as you isn't dead yet!"

Ventus nearly flinched at the remark. I'm sorry, but it isn't my fault that I was born like this... They thought to themselves.
"So you finally want me to hunt them for you? Tch. You should've realized that I don't do commissions for people."
Grabbing their fans from the side, a might gust of wind began to stir up within the gardens of a large mansion, where Ventos and the nobleman were at.
"But since I already kill magic for a living, consider it done, but don't think I'm done with you yet." They laughed, before the wind took them away and swept them towards the forest.

~

"Wait, what do you mean Romei isn't here?!"

"She never tells us where she's heading to, and we certainly aren't going to go look for her. We have our own life at stake." A maid said to Hanei. "If they find out that Romei is out there, they will kill her without any hesitation. She is, after all, a wanted criminal to them. Why are you looking for her, anyways?"

"She left her Geometry Staves at my dwelling. I wanted to return it to her, but..." Hanei sighed, holding the two staves in both hands.
"You know, I could just steal it, but Romei has done so much for my family."

"I can give it to her." She took the staves from Hanei, the latter having this grin on his face.

"Hah, thanks!" He exclaimed. "Just hope Romei doesn't get hurt, I'm forever in her debt after that time when..."
Hanei gulped, as if he was hesitant to say it.
" 'ppreciate it, though!" He grinned, before running off.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 August 2018 at 11:13 AM

@nightmaremoon12 I forgot to add that Faela has a pet Griffin named Hawk, can I do that?

@amethyst_elf448 sure, they can meet up

Faela sat high in a tree branch, snacking on a piece of fruit she found. She had just escaped the band of townspeople, trying to attack her, and if Hawk hadn't swooped down and saved her she would be dead. She stroked her hand on Hawk's mane, and gave him the rest of the fruit.

Lol I have nothing else to post at this point

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 23 August 2018 at 2:10 PM

The wind howled and whipped Nya's
ebony hair around her face. Her daughter Liliana walked ahead, holding hands with Nya's partner Ezra. She smiled and though to herself,"On the run from the authorities and trudging up a mountain feet thick in snow. Not exactly how I though I'd be spending my daughter's 16th birthday.' They trekked on through the snow, stopping a couple of times to eat, rest and go to the toilet.

After a few hours of walking they found a small cave that they could camp in for the night. They left their bags and began to set up. Ezra conjured up a small ball of fire and lit the lanterns, Nya made a small shelter with the shadows to stop too much snow from coming into the cave while Liliana got out everyone's blankets and food.

After they had eaten, Ezra said, "Today is a very special day, today is our wonderful daughter's birthday. I know this isn't the birthday you would have hoped for Lili but at least you've got us."

He pulled a hurriedly wrapped gift from his bag and handed it to Liliana. She opened the box and removed a small handcrafted wooden amulet in the shape of a leaf. She put it on and replayed,"Thanks Dad you're the best."

By this point everyone was yawning and they decided to go to sleep. Try lay out their blankets and tried to get some sleep on the cold hard floor of the cave. Nya had a very restless night. She couldn't stop thinking about the close call they had had with one of the most hated wizard hunters there was: Malum Daemoni.

A few days ago, Nya, Ezra and Liliana stopped off at an inn for the night to properly rest before their long journey ahead. Malum had heard reports that the family was seen travelling south towards the town and had been waiting for them to show up. Later that night, he nearly succeeded in kidnapping Liliana had he not woken her up. She screamed, which woke up her parents, and stabbed him in the arm with her dagger. Ezra blasted him with a fireball and he retreated. They left straight after knowing that the townspeople will have been woken up by the disturbance and the authorities would soon arrive.

The next day, Ezra woke first and began to pack his bachelor. He woke up Nya and Liliana so they could get ready. They ate a quick breakfast, Nya removed her shadow shelter and they continued their journey.

After a while they finally reached the bottom of the mountain and entered a dense forest. Nya heard a voice and motioned for everyone else to be silent. They peered through the trees and spotted a group of townspeople looking around in confusion.

"Where'd she go?" asked one person.

"I don't know," replied another.

"Well wherever she went, you need to be careful with these wizard. Never now where they might be. They could be any of us!" a third exclaimed.

"These woods are probably crawling with em'," someone else said. "We should probably head back now. Report it to a professional."

They walked away making so much noise it made sense why they couldn't find who they were chasing. With that amount of noise you could hear them from a mile away. They waited until they couldn't hear the mob anymore before speaking again.

"Do you really think there's another wizard here?" asked Liliana.

"I don't know Lili," replied Nya, "You never know when you might bump into one."

@wigglytuff yep pretty ready for them to meet now they just heard the band of townspeople who was trying to find Faela

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 August 2018 at 3:42 PM

@amethyst_elf448 ok ^^

Faela heard the clanking of metal over the morning birdsong. She tried to hide in the shadows of the tree, but they spotted her and began to charge. Faela jumped onto Hawk's back and they soared into the sky, dodging flaming arrows. They flew for a while until they came across a cave on the mountainside and decided they would stay for the night, but instead it turned out that there were already others inhabiting it.
(That's your cue)

Edit:

"Someone help!" Aelynn screamed desperately as she struggled to hang onto the edge of a cliff. She tried to use her magic, but the winds were too strong and the block of ice that she created that connected her hand to the edge was cracking due to the sand. (I'll add more later. She's stuck in a sandstorm if ya can't tell btw)

Double Edit:
The last thing she remembered before she blacked out was hearing the shattering of the ice and the feeling of being literally swept away.

As the light creeped into her eyes, Aelynn sat up and realized she wasn't in the desert that the witchunters had chased her into. She was in a lush forest. Was this a dream?

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 23 August 2018 at 8:50 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @wigglytuff @anethyst_elf448 (Hope Teague's place is fine to have, they did first appear in 1663)

Corvane shuffled down the road tugging her hood further over her head and hair to cover her face better as the fake color drained from both. Her illusions were growing weaker as she neared her third day without sleep and she still hadn't found a safe place to stay. After Teague had killed her brothers and claimed to be coming for her next Corvane had fled her family home scared beyond reason.

She had seen the horrible toad looking man take her twins life, but Jeager was nowhere to be seen and that almost made her more fearful. If these hunters could completely get rid of those they took down how many magic users who went missing were truly on the run?

She shrugged her fears away, desperate to find anywhere she could finally relax and rest. Hopefully recharge her magic, as it stood now she could hardly even teleport let alone pathfind.

~-~-~

Teague began to clean the counters of his inn and tavern as the last of the overnight guests filed out. After the death of Palum who formerly owned this place he had taken custody of the former inn, choosing to open it up to better reach more attention and allowing people to also pass through for food or anything as they passed through. Not everyone needed a place to rest.

He rubbed at the back of his head, hating how stretched the skin felt, but if it meant he could safely keep under the radar than Teague would do whatever he needed to do. He had already sent his sister on the run after killing his brother and outing her as a magician. It was hardly a heavy feat to inhabit skin thay was too small for his tall frame.

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 23 August 2018 at 8:53 PM

@wigglytuff they've left the cave but maybe you could find a bit of something they left behind accidentally?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 23 August 2018 at 9:13 PM

@amethyst_elf448 ok ^^ when should they meet, then?

It appeared that the travelers left behind a backpack not long ago. The food supply was still fresh.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 24 August 2018 at 12:27 AM

@wigglytuff @thebrokenvibe @amethyst_elf448

~

Romei continued to work with the old lady with her bakery. Although the two children were helping, the most they did was gather up some ingredients.
"So, what do you two want to be when you grow up?" She asked Miro and Muro.

"A baker!" Miro cried out.

"A magician!" Muro went afterwards.

"Muro, what did I tell you?" The old lady said as she walked up to him. "Magic is dangerous to wield. You could get in trouble for using it."

Muro groaned, not wanting to hear another word from his grandmother. "Ugh! Fiiiiine."

"I'm done for today, ma'am, if that's fine by you." Romei interrupted. "Thank you!"

"Are you sure you don't want to have any wage?"

"But I'm doing it out of charity! Besides, that money is yours to keep!" Romei laughed, before grabbing her satchel and heading out of the bakery, into the town.

She continued to remain in her form, trying to find the way into the forest without any suspicion.

Young ones, do not enter the forest, lest the beasts of the wild shall come in and take you away. The warning echoed in her head. She passed it off as some silly tale every parent tells to their child, as she was practically forced to hide in the woods with two of her family's maids.

~

"Goodie! This kid reeks of magic!" Ventos said to themselves, as they were standing on top of a tree, looking at someone (Aelynn) with the intent to take her out with quick intent.
However, right now wasn't a great time. If Ventos were to make a move now, someone else might come up and attack them. Then again, they were capable of distracting their opponents by forcing them to face their own subconscious desires.
For now, they just had to wait.

~

Hanei walked back to the more bustling part of the large city. Everyone gave him odd looks, but nobody knew him as the "Magic-bound Dragonborn" at all. Everyone just saw him as nobility.
"Sir, we have been looking everywhere for you!" Someone ran up to him. Hanei sighed, before standing up straight and paying attention.

"Why me, out of all people?" He asked.

"A young child, known as Ventus Prohibitum, came in search for your presence."

It's that vigilante kid. Hanei thought. Are they onto me?
"How come? Did he request something from me?"

"They just said they wanted to have a word with... You!"

Hanei raised an eyebrow, before laughing. If Ventus was looking for them, it meant they knew of his true self.
"Oh, did they? Are they aware that I literally don't have time to allocate anything else on my own agenda? If you see Ventus, tell them that I'll be near the ruined tower inside the forest, tonight."
Without letting the person speak another word, Hanei left.

Where in the world was Romei?

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2018 at 12:24 PM

@nightmaremoon12 no need to ping me, I'm following 😸

I swear, I know there's someone here... Aelynn thought to herself. Instinctively, she created a dagger out of ice and stood her ground.

~~~~~

Hawk ignited the pile of branches in the cave to make a fire while Faela searched through the backpack.
"I'm not sure if it's a good idea to take whatever's in here. I can tell the owner is a magician and not a witchunter.... I don't want to get in a fight, anyways," she looked outside at the evening sky. The moon was nearly full, it would probably be only two or three days until her amulet activated. "Plus, it's almost full moon. I wish I could take this dang thing off."
Faela tugged at her amulet hopelessly. She had tried everything to take it off but it was bound to her by fate.

40 posts

daydream • 24 August 2018 at 3:34 PM

(This is wigglytuff's side.) Here's a flashback that Aelynn had before the sandstorm:

Aelynn opened her eyes to see that she was in an urban city. Was she in the future again, before she came back to the past? She looked around. Her hands were tipped with nails instead of claws, and her skin was not covered with fur but instead was covered with human skin. She was, indeed, back to her human form four-hundred years after where she had just come from. Suddenly, someone yelled out her name and before she knew what was happening there was a crowd of fans around her. Aelynn wanted to create a shield of ice around her, but she forgot she was just a normal human now. Well, a rich and famous one, anyway. Luckily, three men dressed in black with the word "SECURITY" on the back of their shirts came to her aid and pushed the crowd away. She reached in the pocket of her pants and found a phone. She checked the calendar: March 19, 2028. Now it was guaranteed that she was back in the future.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 24 August 2018 at 6:17 PM

Aelynn fired up a beam of magic but didn't fire it yet.
"Who's there?" She demanded.

~~~~~

Boi I need a new character

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 24 August 2018 at 7:46 PM

@wigglytuff

Without any warning, Ventos leaped out of the tree and landed into the ground nearby Aelynn, phasing through the floor.
Soon, multiple figments of Aelynn's subconscious fears began to arise from the ground. So did Ventos, as they held out both of their fans out.
"Everybody has that one greatest fear! Tell me! How are you to fight what you flinch at?!"

~

Once Romei made it into the forest, a cyan light engulfed her, forcing her to shape back into her normal form. She scrambled around, trying to find her way back into her dwelling.
The forest's flora and fauna were always confusing her. She couldn't exactly tell if she was heading the right way. All she could do was hope that her luck could find a way.

Along the way, she could feel a lot of her fears surface up to her mind. She was unaware of what's causing it until she found the source.
A fellow magician, whose name she has never heard of, was being attacked by someone...
That's Ventos! Romei thought to herself. That little kid has risen to popularity overnight by killing off an entire coven of witches in one fell swoop. Some say they used the fears of the witches to distract them while they finished the job.
If Ventos finds her out, she knew that her life would be taken swiftly yet painfully.
As her legs began to grow cerulean, Romei looked around for a tree that was next to Ventos.
Then, with a shout and quick movements, Romei let out a spell.

"Afiarox Rimei!"

She kicked the tree down with immense strength, which fell towards Ventos's direction.

~

"Gah!" Ventos looked down on the tree, before using their fans to blow them away. Their subconscious latch on Aelynn was broken. The tree collapsed with a mighty thud.
Looking back, they noticed someone too familiar.
"I recognize those spells of the Ancient Spirits. So it is you, Romei Topaz."

"That's not my name!" Romei exclaimed in fury. "It's Kristi-"

"Whatever," Ventos interrupted. "It won't matter when there won't be anybody to engrave your epitaph." Lowering their head for a few moments, Romei began to move back, aware of what was going to happen.
Quickly raising their head up, Ventos, without any warning, lunged towards Ventos with their two daggers at hand.

40 posts

daydream • 24 August 2018 at 8:25 PM

Quickly, Aelynn created a magic shield around Romei (or was her name Kristi?) and herself, ready to fight. @nightmaremoon12

Aelynn knows a lot about the future. She gets flashbacks at random times to see what's going on. She knows for sure that in her past life, she barely knew anything about magic and she never met a wizard or witch. Aelynn read about magic, but didn't really believe it.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 24 August 2018 at 8:54 PM

@daydream (Her real name is Kristina Mundos, but everyone, except for herself, calls her Romei Topaz.)

Ventos managed to break the magical shield that was in front of Romei with relative ease, as Romei herself flinched and moved back.
"Stay out of this!" Ventos growled at Aelynn, before the various figments of Aelynn's greatest fears began to rise up around her, constantly taunting her for what she fears in. "You're better off letting your own fears eat you alive!"

"Without my Geometry Staves, I'm pretty much in a pickle here..." Romei said to herself, as her hands began to glow with magic. She stretched them out to Ventos, as a surge of cosmic energy began to form from her hands.

"Sekkari Ha-!"

Before she could finish her spell, Ventos let out another gust of strong wind with their fans, causing Romei to lose focus.
"Although powerful, you need to shut up when reciting the spells of the Ancient Spirits. You're nothing without your magic sticks."

40 posts

daydream • 24 August 2018 at 9:03 PM

@nightmaremoon12 I know, but Aelynn was confused just then

As her fears began to rise around her, she got a flashback. She thought to herself, Great, just as I'm about to die I teleport to the future.

~~~~~

Aelynn woke up in the city again. Wait- no, the edge of the city. She could see someone in the forest... her instinct told her it was a magician. Were they all in hiding in the future?

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 25 August 2018 at 1:38 AM

Once she was far enough away from most homes and places, Corvane stumbled into the nearby forest, slumping against a tree, ignoring the strange looking boulder near her. She tugged her cloak closer around her, eyeing the area around her wearily as she took a small break against the tree.

Movement caught her attention and she could vaguely make out what appeared to be a glowing figure that approached from the other side of the boulder. As that moved too Corvane realized she may have just stumbled into someone's camp. She went to summon Daud, or even Dierdre knowing the dagger would take less energy, but her exhaustion swamped her and she dropped her hand to her side as she feebly made to move away from whoever was approaching. She ended up teleporting a very short distance, ending up right next to what she very quickly noticed was a dragon.

The beast huffed at her, gently nosing her with enough force to send her exhausted body to the floor. She glared up at the dragon but stayed laying down, at least until the glowing figure, which was revealed to be a sorcerer that had previously been wielding a torch. As he leaned down to help pick her up, she could feel warmth run through her before she was hauled over towards a small campsite.

40 posts

daydream • 25 August 2018 at 1:17 PM

Aelynn went back to the past, but everything was still. Nothing was moving, at all. Was she stuck in time? Or was this some sort of magic she didn't know she could control? Nothing made sense to her at all in this world. Quickly, she leapt into the shade of a tree and used her magic to make her as hidden as possible.

~~~~~

Faela sharpened her sword, hoping that whoever left their backpack behind wouldn't come back. She put out the fire, curled up against Hawk's warm body, and fell asleep.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 August 2018 at 9:14 PM

@daydream

"Hey!" Romei growled at Aelynn, who just disappeared. "How about helping me out instead of running away like a coward?!"

"Silly magician!" Ventos laughed at Aelynn. "No matter how hard you try to hide, your fears shall always get you!"
Various figments of fear began to rise, until it felt like a small militia was created out of them.
"What will you do? Will you curl up in a ball and hide, or will you actually face them?" Using their fans, they began to form up a huge storm through it, causing the gusts of wind to violently shake the leaves and flora off. Ventos began laughing maniacially.

~

Hanei quickly ran to his second home, which was secluded in the forest. He'd store all of his magic related stuff in here rather than his mansion, for if anyone else were to find out his head would be theirs.
Opening up the door, he quickly searched around for something of importance, until a small pouch caught his eye.
"I should give this to Romei. If I find her, that is..." He murmured to himself, taking the pouch and putting it in his pocket.

Looking around for anything else and finding nothing, Hanei hastefully left his home, looking up at the sky and feeling the breeze, which has suddenly grown stronger.
"Urgh... What is this....?"
He looked up, noticing what appears to be a tornado forming close by. "This can't be good." Hanei ran towards the source, hoping to see what was causing the problem.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 August 2018 at 9:21 PM

Aelynn jumped out of the tree and blasted a wave of magic towards Ventos, hoping it would distract him.
"Who are you, anyway?" Aelynn asked Romei.

@amethyst_elf448 @nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 25 August 2018 at 9:38 PM

@wigglytuff

Ventos quickly rolled out of the way as they blasted one more gale of strong wind towards Aelynn in an attempt to toss her towards the figments of her own subconscious fears.
"It won't matter what her name is, when the two of you are dead!" They screamed out, as a rock hit the side of their head.

"You're only here because a bunch of nobles are forcing you to be alive, is that true?" Romei asked, her long hair flowing in the strong gust. She had a rock in one hand, as it began to radiate a powerful magic energy.
"If that's the case, then you might as well fail your job and die either way. Gravity Collapse!"

Tossing the rock out in front of her, it stopped in place as it began to crumble and break, before its shape distorted, turning into a tear within time and space. On the other side of the tear was some sort of town within a valley, which soon got destroyed as black vines began to overtake it, removing all traces of life from it.
Those vines began to creep out of the tear and quickly crawled its way towards Ventos, grabbing onto their leg.

"Gah... What the...?!" Ventos tried to get rid of the vine, but it latched onto them like some sort of parasite, refusing to let go. More vines began to creep up and soon, Ventos was surrounded by vines, and began to slowly be dragged towards the tear.
"You...!" They tried to struggle out of it, but it began harder and harder to move.
Ah, what a fool. They laughed, thinking to themselves. I can control the subconscious. I'll take what fears her and use it against her!

Soon, Romei's own vision was obscured. The vines stopped moving but still held onto Ventos. Romei could hear the voices of various things crying out to her, and she was hallucinating fantasies of the old woman finding out the truth about her and being sent away to be executed. She was hallucinating about the strength magicians once had taken away as all of them were killed, one by one.
She felt like she could hear every single one of them cry out in anguish, and silenced afterwards. Romei was shaking, kneeling to the ground as she tried to resist her fears.

But they were too strong.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 25 August 2018 at 9:47 PM

What are my fears, anyway? I don't even know my self... Aelynn thought. She watched Romei shaking on the ground, not knowing what to do. She tried freezing Ventos' fans in a block of ice, so he couldn't use them anymore. But even if that succeeded, they still had their powers.

~~~~~

Carthin swiftly stabbed the witch mercilessly with his sword, killing her without notice.
"Now, who else would like to die like that?" He said to the group of magicians he rounded up. "Except I'll make it slower and more painful. Anyone? Good. Come with me." he turned around and after walking for around an hour or so, they stopped at an underground building. "Step inside the cage. Then I'll decide what to do next with you."

More about Carthin's personality: He's really cruel. But karma steps in and kills him later yay

40 posts

daydream • 26 August 2018 at 7:52 PM

Carthin continued to look for more magicians to round up. He trudged up a mountain, looking for any signs of magic. He looked at the horizon; it was just past sunrise. He had surprised the previous group of witches in their sleep just hours ago. Carthin charged his sword up with electricity, ready to challenge any magicians he would encounter. After around twenty minutes, a slight movement caught his eye. Inside a small cave, he could make out one- no, two- shapes in the darkness, fast asleep. This is almost too easy, he thought to himself.
Creeping in slowly, Carthin raised his sword to strike- but the cackling of the electricity caught the first shape's attention- a Griffin- and he screeched loudly, defending the second shape- a girl, who woke up at her Griffin's warning.
"Who are you?!" She demanded, unsheathing a sword to match his own.
"Carthin, killer of magicians at your service." He took a bow, then stood back up. "If you don't mind, I would like to make a deal with you. I challenge you to a fight, right here, right now. If I win, I get to take you where I must. If you win, I let you live your life normally. If you don't agree with me, it's best that I just kill you myself when you least expect it. To win, whoever pins down the other first will be announced the winner."
Faela nodded slowly. "Cm' on, Hawk-"
"Oh," Carthin interrupted. "To make it fair, you don't get to use your little birdie friend here."
"With the exception you won't hurt him," Faela added.

Carthin took off first, charging at Faela. He missed, but not completely; he left a shallow cut on her cheek. He dived at her again, but this time, she blocked with her own sword in response. She didn't expect any impact, but it electrocuted her, causing her to drop her weapon and hiss in pain.
Carthin laughed. "At this point, you're as good as a mere toddler."
Without his sword, he touched her with his hand, and shocked her again.
Suddenly, interrupting Carthin's thoughts of victory, a vine wrapped around his leg. He simply cut it off, but more came. He started slicing at them, but there were too many for him to fight. One of them latched onto his wrist, and squeezed tightly so he let go of his sword. The plants pushed him down against the ground, declaring Faela the winner.
"You win. Now let me go, and I'll mind my own business." Carthin said. He was rather reluctant to say it, but he had confirmed his deal already. But the vines wouldn't let him go. "Did you hear me?"
"Yes, I did." Faela replied. She reached out her hand, and the vines dangled him over a cliff.
"What are you doing?!" He struggled to break free.
"Your job is to kill magicians. If I were to let you go and spare your life, many others would perish because of you, and it would be committing an act of murder if I didn't." She said, and Carthin felt the tension on his body loosen, and soon he was falling down the mountainside. His arms flailed about, reaching for anything that might stop his fall, but he failed to and finally collapsed into a lifeless pile of flesh and bones on the hard rocky terrain below.

Welp he died

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 27 August 2018 at 1:35 AM

@wigglytuff Thought there would be more to his character.

~

Once Hanei found himself at the scene, he noticed Ventos and Romei, two people he knew - unfortunately in the chase of Ventos. Instead of doing something now, he decided to hide for a bit and think about what to do next. If he were to intervene, he might be suspected of siding with either Romei and Ventos, and he did not want to lose any trust in both of them.

Before he could even do anything, a vine crawled up to his leg and dragged him somewhere else, towards a small pond.
"Hey there, Hanei. Didn't expect to see you around this area."

~

Although Ventos's fans were frozen, they still had the daggers at hand. Because Romei's focus was weakening, the vines began to loosen their grip, allowing them to wriggle with ease.
Grabbing their two daggers, Ventos managed to cut the vines off, before standing towards Aelynn with a soulless smile.

"What's that look on your face?" They asked. "Think you're so tough, not letting any fears take you out? Well, here's my cup of tea - everyone - and I mean everyone, has an innate fear that haunts them!
Lunging towards Aelynn in an attempt to kill her, Ventos actually disappeared from her sight.
A bunch of thorny vines, however, creeped up from behind. The various whispers of people started as a murmur, but soon became loud and agonizing, to the point of torture. The fears of the people Ventos had killed accumulated up into one grotesque amalgamation, before physically manifesting itself at the scene.

40 posts

daydream • 27 August 2018 at 9:52 AM

@nightmaremoon12 yeahhh, but I just made him for that scene xD so it was really short and all.

"Um-" Aelynn took a step back, but instead of feeling the ground under her foot she felt nothing. She fell backwards, and landed in a dark forest, most likely very far from where she currently was. "Anyone here?"

~~~~~

Flint watched the moon in the afternoon; it would be full tonight. Last month, he had ripped up an entire town by accident when he forgot to prepare for his transformation. His amulet started to glow, and started pulling him somewhere. Flint was curious, so he decided to follow it.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 29 August 2018 at 4:05 AM

Eon stopped as he felt something in the forest change. Lethe had felt it too and the dragon let out a low rumble as they turned their head in that direction. Magic was seemingly radiating from the scene, and both of them knew that it would be worth it to investigate. Reluctant to leave the girl Eon turned to Lethe.

"We need to bring her with us, I don't want to leave someone so sleep deprived alone." he said, speaking directly into the dragon's mind, more out of habit than anything.

"Fine, but we go there together it might be dangerous to travel without the storm." Lethe replied, already standing beside Eon.

With a brief nod the two tapped heads and after a small flash, the duo was replaced with one figure. This one picked up Corvane before flying off to the source of the magic energy, all the while charging the air around them into harsh storm clouds.

It didn't take long for them to reach the spot having seemingly traveled much faster than expected. Setting Corvane down in the branches of a nearby tree Lethon descended. He released the charged energy allowing the thunderstorm to finally break, he flinched a bit nearly losing his own traction in the air and dropping a few feet before he took in the scene.

One person was shaking on the ground, another appeared to be having an out of body experience, and the last was the reason Lethon was here in the first place. It seemed whatever magic that one held, it was manifesting something that Lethon wasn't able to identify. But he knew he needed to at least start running damage control, try to get these magic users away from whatever was now forming.

40 posts

daydream • 29 August 2018 at 10:18 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @amethyst_elf448 you guys haven't posted in a while

Just as Faela turned around to go to sleep, her amulet started to glow faintly.
"What could this mean?" She held it up closely.

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 29 August 2018 at 4:40 PM

Sophia slowly opened her eyes while the sun shined across her face. "Oh-no... did I oversleep... again?" She slowly sat up and streched. She sighed and walked towards her wardrobe, picking out one of her outfits. Once she put it on, she slowly brushed her hair and winced when she encountered a knot. "Ow! Ughhh," Sophia rolled her eyes and went downstairs. Already 10? Not fair. No time for breakfast again. Sophia quickly wore her shoes and headed out.

Sopia lived in a small village that doesn't know she has abilities. Her home was in a forest before, however, it was invaded one day. She desperated escaped to a nearby town where she was later found by someone. She kept her powers afterwards, but she knows. She knows it will be revealed one day. Just this one day.

Sophia hopped onto her old bicycle and pedaled down the lane.

"Oh look, it's Sophia," several kids said in a mocking voice as she pedaled down.

Sophia glanced at them and bit her lip. They're expecting something from me.. In front of her, a couple kids threw rocks at her wheel and tossed her over. "Oof!" The kids then surrounded her, glaring at her.

"We know who you are! And we're calling the mayor," One kid threatened.
"Exactly! Don't act like you're so smart!" Another kid yelled.

Sophia looked up and glared. Did they find out? I can't risked it. She stood up and brushed herself off. "Kids, I'm going to go. I don't know what you are talking about," Sophia turned around and headed into the forest to do her daily picking of the day. Although. It was the last day Sophia has ever went back to the village.

40 posts

daydream • 29 August 2018 at 5:22 PM

Faela went outside with Hawk to find food, not sure what harm the backpack's supply could do. Her stone still glowed; it would stop and it bothered her.

~~~~~

"Ow...!" Flint howled in pain as his amulet choked him as he tripped and skinned his snout and cheeks. At this point, he had to run to keep up to avoid suffocation. "Where the heck is this dang thing taking me?"

Female
1,426 posts

bloom • 30 August 2018 at 2:10 PM

Sophia continued her way through the branches and leaves as she sighed. These kids sure know how to threat adults... She sat down next to a bundle of mushrooms and stared at them. "W-why was I born different than everyone else?" Sophia poked the mushrooms and dug them up. She placed them in her basket and laid back against a tree. Closing her eyes tightly shut and dozed off.

40 posts

daydream • 30 August 2018 at 6:14 PM

Finally, the amulet stopped in front of a cave. (Yeah, most my characters are here lol) Flint looked inside; there was a pile of charred sticks that he assumed was firewood, and a backpack. Suddenly, his vision darkened into black.

~~~~~

Aelynn opened her eyes and saw herself in the forest in the future. It was the evening; the sun was setting. She looked down and saw herself in her body from the past instead of her human form, and began to wonder around.

~~~~~

From the corner of his eye, Flint saw something move in the forest. He climbed up a tree and observed from above. It was a female fox furry with pale fur and brown hair. She turned around and he saw her face for the first time. He couldn't have imagined anyone prettier at the moment. Star struck, he nearly fell of the tree, but the sound he made caused the stranger to turn around. "Hello?" She called, a scared tone in her voice.

~~~~~

"Hello?" Aelynn called. "Who's there?" She created a sword out of magic. A wolf furry stumbled out of a tree. He looked around her own age and wore a hoodie, high tops and leggings. Aelynn blushed. "Er, hi... I mean, who are you and what do you want?"
"I-I'm Flint. I'm friendly," he said. "Y-you?"
"Aelynn." She replied, dismissing her sword.