Spring/Summer Creature Suggestion: The Folta

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you have any fish tanks? :D

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 13 February 2019 at 5:53 PM

Creature name: Folta

Creature design: https://imgur.com/a/dz2YW11 (color soon to come, open to suggestions)

About the Folta Egg:

The Folta egg has a slick, scale-y texture to it, with leaf-like foliage naturally occurring from the shell. The egg best thrives in temperatures between 74-78 degrees Fahrenheit. They can often be found washed up on the shore of the swampy marshes where adult Folta inhabit or in a bubble nest with its numerous siblings. Folta females will give birth to anywhere from 50-150 viable offspring, but only about 30-40 of them survive. The male Folta then scoops the eggs into his mouth, where he spits them up into said bubble nest.

About the Folta creature:

The young Folta are semi-friendly, but slightly territorial. They often jump from pond to pond, until they find the perfect foliage-dense habitat. They are known for the heights that they jump, as well as their aggressiveness. Adult Folta are extremely aggressive, moreso the males than females. Many of them live in solitude in their mossy, leafy homes. They often have multiple hiding places or spots to lay down on and snooze near them at all times.

Height: 0.00016km
Weight: 4.6g

Habitat: Marsh

Creator's note: Hello all! I haven't posted creature suggestions in a long time, but my history class bores me to death so these will be created more often!! They might not be colored, but oh well. If anyone wants to take my designs and color them in for themselves, by all means, go for it!

This design was inspired by my fish tanks! At the moment I have 5 betta fish in 4 tanks. 3 are in separate tanks, the last two are set up in a 10gal tank with a solid divider, so they're completely unaware of their neighbor!

#redflipflapart #creaturesuggestion

Random pings: @stevepat2002 @playermocha345 @blub @icedragon3000

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 13 February 2019 at 6:03 PM

@redflipflap
Aw sweet a betta fish suggestion!! 😃 😃 I love them!! ❤️
I really love the concept. x3 Can't wait to see some spring/summer colors on it.

I have a betta myself. 😊 He's 3 years old (will have been with me 4 years soon), and a koi betta.

BTW: it seems you might've double clicked the create button when making the topic. 😊 There is a duplicate.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 13 February 2019 at 6:08 PM

@redflipflap
This is cool! I like the design of the egg and the child stage is cute. I have a 3 fish tanks. One of them houses a betta fish. Do you mind if I PM you so we can chat?

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 13 February 2019 at 6:13 PM

@bgunny dude yeah absolutely!! There are 10 tanks in my house but only 6 are mine c: