264 posts

snowwall • 16 February 2019 at 10:22 AM

A little contest about love. To enter, tell me something about... guess what? πŸ˜ƒ

This can be a quote, a definition, a short story, a family tradition... not necessarily yours, even. I guess Mrs Addams won't be able to tell personally how sharpening the nail bed is an act of love, but that family's understanding of each other's needs is usually top-notch! 😊

At a week hence I'll reward the bringers of the bits I like most by distributing

5 prizes of 50 kEC
10 prizes of 15 kEC

(If there's fewer than 15 people, well, I'll start with first places and keep the rest)

Also, I'm a bit of a writer, and, as such, reserve the right to use anything heard in a book. Not too often that it happens, but I really don't want to remember "OK, this is a nice bit to put here and save the plot and half my fantasy characters... oh, wait, I need to find somebody on a website somewhere to ask if the 'magical sock' story is OK to use". Or, more likely, to never recall where I've heard that nice story at all and be unable to write a word in safety 😊

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 20 February 2019 at 9:10 PM

@snowwall

Love is a warm feeling 😊

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 20 February 2019 at 11:42 PM

@snowwall
Love is in the air! :'D

Love is something you can't find or pursue- its finds YOU instead. It brushes upon you, light as a feather, so you barely notice it at first. Then, as time goes on, you'll eventually see the entire bird itself, and this bird's name is Love. When it finds you, it could bestow lifelong happiness with a soulmate, or it could tear your heart in two.

Female
448 posts

magicaltomato3 • 20 February 2019 at 11:57 PM

@snowwall
Love is what you feel for netflix shows at 4 am ❀️

Female
580 posts

splashnose • 21 February 2019 at 2:07 AM

@snowwall
Love is having a bad mood change into a good one after hearing a certain song. Love is the laughter you share from your tickle wars. Love is there smiling "angry" face after you "stole" a sip of their milkshake. Love is imagining them lying next to you, so you don't feel so cold in the winter. Love is the memes you share that bring you laughs for days and days. Love is the nervousness you feel when you don't hear from them for a day. Love is the weird words that make no sense to anyone else other than you and your boo

Deleted • 21 February 2019 at 3:16 AM

@snowwall

Love is feeling happiness when reciprocated,
Love is not left feeling like nothing by someone.

Inspirated by R.H Sin, She Felt Like Feeling Nothing. Apparently not a book of poetry. Came across it it in a book sale today, fun to read.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 21 February 2019 at 2:54 PM

@snowall

Love is putting someone else before yourself. Love is when you care. Love like the night, is beautiful. Like a sky full of stars. Love. The answer to the worlds’ problems. One word. Love.

love is also God

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 24 February 2019 at 4:18 PM

@snowwall

Love is giving someone
the power to destroy you...
but trusting them not to.

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 24 February 2019 at 6:17 PM

@snowwall

Life is such a wondrous thing,
Even a gift, you could say.
But what about the curses of life?
The horrid curses you cannot escape.
The pain, the horror, the unexpected harm,
They all come so sudden to knock you off your feet.
Once do they succeed,
You must escape the grasp of life,
But the only was is to die.
Death is cruel, yet so is life.
You must choose before death chooses you.

Love. Like a roller-coaster,
Up one day, down the next.
Love can cause problems, obstacles, and trouble.
Love is what life uses to knock you off your feet,
So death can take charge.
Disguised as a marvelous thing,
When deep down, it is not.
Love is just a tool,
Used by life, and a thing called death.

All by me πŸ˜ƒ 😸

I'm probably the only one that thinks this way, or maybe I'm in a bad mood today 😊

@qerrats

Very deep. Did you write that yourself? (Not that I'm not trusting you, I feel like I've heard that somewhere)

EDIT: I just realized how long this is, sorry guys >_<~

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 24 February 2019 at 6:20 PM

@moonweaver Nooooo I did not write that myself. Found that in an unusual quotes search. πŸ˜‰

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 24 February 2019 at 6:21 PM

@qerrats

Ah... I MEW I heard that somewhere xD

Well, that explains a lot.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 24 February 2019 at 6:23 PM

@moonweaver Ahem, what does that explain??? XD

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 24 February 2019 at 6:24 PM

@qerrats

Explains why I though I heard it xD

Now, let's stop spamming the live feed and put this in the PM

7 posts

dragone • 24 February 2019 at 6:54 PM

Love is like an ocean, impossible to tame with a heart of its own. But if you can connect and allow yourself to flow along with it you will find the joys it can offer you.

Love is like fire, hot and energetic. But if you feed the flame then you can travel along with its fiery embrace.

Love is like music, it can fill your heart with warmth and make you sing along with its melodic tune. And once you allow yourself to fully embrace and welcome love, life will have new meaning and will give you an entirely new perspective of you and those around you.

Female
574 posts

iia • 24 February 2019 at 6:55 PM

@snowfall
Love is sitting by a fire,
Riding out in the evening sky,
When my daddy comes home,
And nothing is a-ry.

And when the warming fires die,
And when we call the horse to "Whoa!"
And when Daddy says goodbye,
You will still be my hero,

True Love,
Always sitting by my side.

3 posts

avis • 24 February 2019 at 8:41 PM

@snowwall
Love is a feeling most have coded in their natural DNA, mostly for survival purposes. Familial love for your offspring is guided by the basic animalistic need to continue your DNA, similarly to romantic love, the desire to raise or produce offspring. Romantic love, caused by hormones is essential for human evolution. Most who didn't love did not contribute to the pool of genetics. Friendly love, love for your close friends, can be characterized as the need for tribalism.

Love itself isn't sparkly and happy like some believe, nor is it a rollercoaster to go down on, it is something fierce and animalistic. Those who portray love as a pretty poem or as a fluffy quote aren't reading into love deep enough.

Love is a coat of protection for human survival, a survival instinct, and is therefore necessary, which I think is a little romantic.

Female
785 posts

pretzel • 24 February 2019 at 9:38 PM

@snowwall
Love,

Love is something in your heart that you spread to others.
Love is somewhere in the sky that floats above the others.
Love is in Someone who you have a warm feeling near.
Love....Love..is...something people can describe in many ways but these are only...3.

264 posts

snowwall • 26 February 2019 at 8:28 AM

Ah, so people have come! Sorry, guys and gals and all others, I came in next day, went away disappointed and didn't come back since - some DJ I am!

Will read through all of this now... or, rather, tomorrow, because right now I hear my pillow calling. Love at first night πŸ˜ƒ

Late entries can come in, because "One week ago" is what the first post's date is and it's not very accurate, so I'll give it a day of leeway.

Non-binary
3 posts

ghostttiegirl • 28 February 2019 at 2:30 PM

@snowwall

Love is when you see someone and feel your heart beat for the very first time.
Love is when you know you love them, and gather courage to tell them
Love is being by them, and feeling nothing but pure joy by being by them.
Love is what you make of it, so there is mine.

- GhostttieGirl