Blocking

in General

Blocked (Multiple answers allowed.)

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 19 March 2019 at 10:39 AM

I've been wanting to make this topic for a while, but I'm not sure how to approach this subject, so it's partly a suggestion, mostly a topic I'd like to discuss (I'm also not sure which forum this belongs to because of this).
This is because I often come across an user through the XC exchange who has blocked me, but I have no idea why.

First off, I'm absolutely for being able to block people. Sometimes it is the only way to get rid of a person who is spamming you, offering bad trades or for being rude.

I have however also seen a lot of people blocking people right on the spot.
So sometimes people don't even know why they are blocked, or it was a genuine mistake, and aren't able anymore to ask why. By blocking right away, it also make the blocked person unable to apologize for their mistake.
I've also never personally had to block someone, so I'm not sure how it is for the blocker. Are you still able to visit the cove of the person you've blocked?

A suggestion; when you block someone, you have to write one sentence why you blocked that person, what the other party can see, but not the username. This for both the person who get blocked, and the person who is blocking, because I do think over time you might forget why you blocked someone.

I'm also wondering if you think you should be able to see the name of the user who blocked you or not? This because you can still communicate with the people who blocked you on the forums. I personally don't want to communicate with people who blocked me on the forums because I feel it's disrespectful, but other players might use it to keep being rude or spam.
And do you think you shouldn't even see the topics and posts of the people you've blocked? (the last thing might be difficult because it could make a forum conversation weird xD).

I'm genuinely curious what people think about blocking. What rules do you think are important for blocking? Should it be changed or is it great the way it is now? 😊

I'm also curious if you've blocked someone, and why 😊

Female
59 posts

superunloved • 19 March 2019 at 12:45 PM

Can see why people block people but not trading at the time and getting a no not in my view worth a block. I do agree to the reason why idea if it over something that triva might be a time to think while blocking why.

Forum post -
i dont think there a technology in coding that can stop you from seeing them in forums. Also like giveaways why should you not want to do them.

Talking after blocking-
Agree you just don't talk to them i mean why would you want to if one day there talking normal and your faced with a block just disrespectful

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 19 March 2019 at 3:04 PM

@blub

That makes sense, I think forum posts are strange, if the user who blocked you reports you for contacting them on forum you can get a temporary ban (I think). I think that it is hard or even impossible to block forum posts though.

Back to getting reported for forum posts, the name of the person who blocked you would be pretty helpful, since you could contact them over forums without knowing that they have you blocked.

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 21 March 2019 at 2:53 PM

blub
When someone blocks you, you should be able to know who is blocking and why. I have been blocked 2x. The first time I went to them on a side acct and asked why, apologized and was un blocked, and never fed that acct again the 2nd time I had no idea I was blocked or why, I still don't know. I have never blocked anyone, this is just a game, isn't it?

Female
167 posts

thaliel • 27 March 2019 at 2:28 AM

I am blocked by 2 users, and blocked both myself, but since I do not remember why, I am clearing them from my block list in hopes they do the same so I can help their creatues grow instead of running into the "blocked" page when using the click exchange

@newlife @ufo , if you read this, please consider unblocking me, thank you for your time

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 27 March 2019 at 2:34 AM

@blub
couldn't agree more! i've been blocked by quite a few users actually, most of which i've blocked back. most of them i know why but then some others i've never even heard of. and it really gets onto my nerves when i don't know that person/what i did wrong so i highly agree with the one sentence thing! 😊