Feedback on the April Fool's joke

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
326 posts

seraph • 2 April 2019 at 10:01 AM

It was not funny.

Of course the whole thing was an obvious joke, except for the crates. They looked like a real event, and even though we didn't expect them to have the purpose of replacing the cave we expected -something-.
They looked like a real event (like the Thanksgiving) and when asked, a staff member said "no one knows what they do" deeply implying that they would have SOME use at the end of the whole joke; that they'd do something.
I spent at least 3 hours hunting them. I know more people wasted great part of their day on this fiasco.

TL;DR I don't like it, it was disrespectful and I'm definitely spending less time in this site from now on.

Female
3,799 posts

sparklefox • 2 April 2019 at 11:38 AM

To be honest, I thought it was pretty obvious that the crates were part of the whole joke and that they would do nothing. I just clicked on whatever crates I saw when feeding my cove to be silly because I thought this whole thing was hilarious. It probably would've looked more like an actual event if it had its own page dedicated to it that was included as a link somewhere in the popup / at the top of every page, just like similar events such as the Easter hunt and Thanksgiving stuff.

I never saw any staff members say "no one knows what they do", though. All I saw was a mod on the blog post tell people that they were for a joke and that they would do nothing. Maybe I just overlooked it? I'll probably go ahead and read through those comments again later to see if I missed anything.

I'm actually surprised that so many people thought they would do something. I'm also surprised that people actually spent so long hunting them.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 April 2019 at 12:46 PM

I found it to be a good laugh! 😃

I knew it was obviously a joke, I will say they definitely took it a step further with the crates and keys. x3
I thought it would be cool if they used them for a plot/event down the road, but it's up to them on that. 😊
I agree with @sparklefox that they could've gone even further with the joke if they made a page for 'Eggnite'. 😃
Even though I knew the crates where a joke, I still would collect and click on them, mostly to pass time, since I had to stay up for class registration, and it was fun to see how high I could go.
Also, if it wasn't a big enough hint on the whole Eggnite/Fortnite thing, Mods had clearly said it was a April fools joke multiple times in the blog post comments.

These type of April fools jokes happen every year on eggcave, so may as well get used to it lmao. xD
It's pretty fun stuff. xD

Female
224 posts

cheetahgirl8 • 2 April 2019 at 12:50 PM

tbh it ggot me scared for a sec unile i realized it was april fools

1,030 posts

anarchy • 2 April 2019 at 1:24 PM

I'm fine with it personally. That's kind of the point of April Fool's imo. The pranks are meant to be obvious and a little cheesy, that's how they were back on Neopets too.

That said, I do agree about the chests. I know they were part of the joke and that the 10k CC keys and Battle Royale stuff wasn't ever happening, but there was still a part of me that was expecting something to come from the chests. Like we'd be able to open them and there'd be a small chance of getting EC or a random item or something. Or maybe those with the highest chests get their own pinata creature.

Female
28 posts

witchxhunts • 2 April 2019 at 1:41 PM

I knew immediately that it was an April Fool's prank so I was skeptical about the usage of the crates, but I still found myself clicking away every now and then lol. I can understand your frustration due to the wasted time, but I can't personally relate because it got me excited for this year's Easter event at the least.

In regards to the mod's comment, perhaps there could possibly be a future usage with the crate concept in the makes? It seems that a lot of people want a usage for the crates, and many believe the art for them (along with the keys) are really pretty, so you could argue that there is enough positive feedback for them to at least consider developing an actual fair and relevant use for them. However, I think that a semi-/permanent loot crate/gacha type thing would perhaps work as a duplicate of the VEND machine, so maybe not.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed it! And the new Fortnite Eggnite themed creature is really cute too. I think they did well this year 😊