Lonely Hearts (RP) [CLOSED]

in Roleplaying

1,327 posts

bgunny • 15 August 2019 at 9:27 AM

( @ thelaizywolf2019 Sure! Our characters can meet. Let me just finish getting Oliver and Dhriti set up.)

Oliver-
The panther makes no move to attack me. She was beautiful. I slowly reach out a trembling hand to touch her. She stays still. I let out a breath when my fingers touch her sleek fur. I gaze into her golden eyes. There was something intelligent about her. She seemed to be able to understand what was going on. I glance over at my foster family's house. What was I going to do with a panther? How would I explain this? I gently nudge the panther away. She had to leave. She doesn't move, nudging me towards the house instead.

Dhriti~
The boy had been terrified of me before. Now, he didn't seem so scared. He tried to judge me away, but I didn't move. I wanted to see him inside the house with fresh clothes on. I consider communicating with him. I didn't want to scare him, though, and I thought a talking cat might seem scary for a human. I open my mouth and Let my vocal chords do their job. "My name is Dhriti. Tell me yours."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 15 August 2019 at 9:32 AM

Ari-
My boots tap against the cobblestones as I hurry to the lights. Mystic had started to stir. I need to find shelter.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 15 August 2019 at 9:51 AM

Oliver-
My eyes widen when the panther, Dhriti, talks. I take a few steps backwards. "Don't be afraid. I'm part machine and was given the ability to talk. I won't do it often. " Her voice sounded gruff, yet gentle, with a slight robotic tone to it. I weigh the situation. It was believable that she was part machine. It was amazing that she had come to me. I bend over and grab a stick. I write something in the ground, Oliver.

Dhriti~
I look from the boy to the human marks he wrote on the ground. That must be his name, Oliver. Why hadn't he told me that? "Can you not speak?" He shrugs and looks away. Him not speaking was probably by choice. " Go inside now and get changed. Cubs shouldn't be getting soaked like this, " I say. I turn to walk away, but Oliver grabs onto my fur. I look at him and see him shaking his head furiously. I hadn't planned on staying with the boy, but I was reminded of a cub again. I felt like he needed me. " I will not leave. Go get changed. " Oliver nods and, with one last worried glance at me, scurries into his house.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 15 August 2019 at 9:55 AM

@bgunny Is it okay if Ari just sees and maybe meets Dhriti and Oliver?

1,478 posts

arcana • 15 August 2019 at 11:27 AM

Sol stretched on the bed and considered the human. She had been quite nice, but he could feel that she was uncertain about him. "Hey, I wouldn't attack you, alright? In exchange, mind if I stay a secret?" Sol saunters toward the door. "I can leave."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 15 August 2019 at 11:50 AM

@asrieldreemurr Yeah, that's fine with me as long as it's fine with laizywolf2019. Ari can meet or see Dhriti and Oliver, whichever is fine.

Oliver-
As soon as I walk into the house, my foster family quiets and turns to stare at me. They were sitting at the table playing some sort of game. I walk right past them. I go to my room and quickly change into an olive green short sleeve shirt and jeans. My rain coat was all muddy so I put on a gray sweater instead. I rush to the front door. "What are you planning on doing?" my foster mom asks. I put my hand on the handle and don't say anything. She watches me for a few minutes before saying, "are you going to the pet store?" I nod. I didn't like to lie, but I felt like my foster mom would be upset if she found out a panther was in the backyard. "Well, have fun." I open the door and walk outside. As I'm closing it, I can hear her sigh and mumble some words to my foster dad.

Dhriti~
Oliver comes back from the front yard. He reaches over and tugs gently on my fur. He points to the street. I follow him to the front in the shadows. I obviously couldn't stay here. I assumed he was taking me somewhere I could. He looks up and down the street. He didn't seem to know what to do either. "Oliver, there are others like me who escaped. Maybe we can find them," I suggest. Oliver seems to be considering that option, but I can tell he's unsure. I sit down and wait to see if he'll make a decision.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 12:30 AM

@asrieldreemurr @bgunny I'm fine with that!

Emilia looked at the wolf back. She heard rumours about some government experiment, and she guess that it was true.

"Do you have a name?" She asks awkwardly.

"Yes, my Serial Number is-"

"Not Serial Number, I asked for a name." Emilia said, while getting her notepad. The wolf's voice was a cold, and emotionless, as if it- no she was born a machine.

"My name is Knight."

Emilia scribbles down the name in her notepad. "Ok Knight, what do you do?"

"My primary function is to assist any law enforcement personnel." Emilia scribbles that too, her brows arching in interest.

"And, what about those?"

"My machined parts, are my right eye and my right paw. My right eye's function is to scan the environment and any other living things."

"Is that what you did earlier?" Emilia asks. Knight nods as she sees Emilia scribbling down notes again.

"And my right paw's function is rather useful. It can hack through anything.."

"Sweet..." Emilia remarks, while putting the notepad to a nearby coffee table.

"And I ran away..." Emilia crosses her arms. "Why?"

"They made me do horrible things...'

Emilia felt pity for the wolf.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 3:28 AM

Ari-
Running faster, I turn left. A boy stands in front of me...with a black panther?! I freeze. I feel movements in my coat. Mystic was awake.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 August 2019 at 8:16 AM

@thelaizywolf2019 Okay, well Oliver and Dhriti are ready to meet your characters whenever you're ready.

Oliver-
When the girl comes running I grab onto Dhriti's fur. I freeze and stare at her. I hadn't taken into account that people might still be running around in the rain, like I was doing now. I try to think of ways I could explain to the girl what's going on without talking. Before I can, I see her coat moving slightly. I stare at it and point.

Dhriti~
I stand close to Oliver. Maybe if the girl saw that I wasn't attacking him, she wouldn't scream. I look up at the boy. He was just staring at the girl. If it came down to it, I'd have to talk for him. That might definitely freak her out. Oliver points at something and I look to see what he saw.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 8:28 AM

Ari-
I grip onto my umbrella tighter.

Mystic-
I yawns and yip happily. I look up at Ari. Strange....she's staring at something. I jump out of her coat and land on the cobblestones below. Ari tries to grab me. A boy and a black panther stands in front of me. New friends?

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 August 2019 at 8:52 AM

Oliver-
I look down at the arctic fox and back up at the girl. I crouch down to get a better look at the fox. Was she like Dhriti? I assumed so. What would a girl be doing with an arctic fox here otherwise? The fox seemed friendly. I hold out my hand to see if she will let me touch her. I make sure to keep my grasp on Dhriti through all this. There was a human in the mix now. Animals were okay, humans were not.

Dhriti~
I look down at the arctic fox. She must be an escapee like me. I look back up at the girl. I wondered what she knew and how she came across the fox.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 9:00 AM

Ari-
Oh no. Are they going to hurt Mystic? Judging by their behavior, it's probably going to be fine...

Mystic-
"Hi! What's your name? Can we be friends?" I rub my cheek against his hand.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 10:00 AM

Knight perked her ears up. She then bolted out of the door.

"Hey, wait!" Emilia stammers as she follows the wolf. It's a good there weren't any people.

Knight stopped as she spots two humans and two OPERATION: HEART experiments.

She scanned the two humans. They were children.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 10:07 AM

Ari-
Mystic's eyes were orange now. Joyous. It was going to be okay....

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 10:10 AM

Emilia stops when she sees Knight. She pets the wolf's head while panting.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 10:11 AM

Ari-
I look up. Another person! I bite my lip. Maybe they didn't see us...

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 August 2019 at 10:13 AM

Oliver-
She was so soft. I pet her head and look into her now orange eyes. She had to be like Dhriti. She could talk. I grab a stick and write down my name. I nod in reply to her next question. I was happy being friends with all animals. I look up at the human girl, nervously. I turn to see what she was looking at. There was a wolf and... another human. I sigh. Why did there have to be so many people?

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 10:17 AM

Ari-
He had noticed.

Mystic-
Oliver. "Oliver's a beautiful name!" I was sure my eyes were orange now. But...he did seem sad...I'll just cheer him up!

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 10:18 AM

"Two persons and two escapees, identified. What now?"

Emilia was too tired too speak. "Jus-just do nothing.." She buries her face in Knight's fur.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 10:21 AM

Ari-
The person seemed tired. Leaning on a...what was that?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 10:23 AM

Knight scans the environment. No cameras, no civilians, which was perfect.

She scanned the escapees. One programmed to be a spy, the other a 'pet'.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 August 2019 at 10:26 AM

Oliver-
I grip onto Dhriti's fur tighter. She would take care of the wolf and human. This was getting a little much for me. I give the arctic fox one my hesitant smiles and duck my head. I made a gesture that I hope she understood to be thank you. I tilt my head in a curious way and point at her. What's your name?

Dhriti~
Oliver was nervous by all the commotion. I could tell. I turn to stare at the human and the wolf. She seemed tired or upset. I consider calling out to them, but I'd rather wait and see what they do.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 10:33 AM

"Mr. Wyatt appears to be in distress, Ms. Wolfwoods..." Knight replied with the same cold emotionless and robotic voice.

"Noted... Just tell them we aren't here to hurt them.."

Knight nods and says out loud. "We are not hostile! I repeat we are friendlies!"

Emilia finally gets her face off Knight's fur and stares at them.

1,478 posts

arcana • 16 August 2019 at 11:05 AM

@thelaizywolf2019 @asrieldreemurr @bgunny
(Mind if Asteria meets up with the group?)
Asteria pats Sol on the head with a shaking hand. "No, it's fine. It's fine." Sol walks back toward the bed preparing to nap.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 August 2019 at 11:13 AM

(That's fine with me)

Oliver-
I stare at the wolf and the human. I grip onto Dhriti even tighter than before. "Calm down, Oliver. You're hurting me. It's okay. They're friendly," she says. I loosen my grip a bit even though what she said didn't change anything. I met a lot of people who were friendly. My foster family was friendly.

Dhriti~
"What are your names?" I call to them. Maybe it would make Oliver feel better to know a little about them.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 August 2019 at 11:27 AM

"My Serial Number is RK-001, Codenamed: Knight, and my partner here is Private Investigator Emilia Wolfwoods."

Emilia raised an eyebrow when she had heard the word 'partner'.

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 16 August 2019 at 1:43 PM

As Eric picked up the fox, he unzipped his hoodie and put the fox in his sweater, then zipped it up.

Eric has now realized the pet store would be closed.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 16 August 2019 at 6:29 PM

Ari-
Friendly...Mystic did trust them. "A-Ari....." I murmur.

Mystic-
"Mystic! Or Fox 053. I prefer Mystic."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 17 August 2019 at 8:22 AM

Dhriti~
If anything, the introduction seemed to just make it worse. Oliver tensed when he heard Knight speak. I could understand why he felt that way. Knight's voice sounded much more like a robot than mine. She was also being really formal. "Well, my name is Dhriti. Just Dhriti, I'm not going to give my serial number," I say.

Oliver-
I nod at Mystic and glance up at Ari. I gaze over at the wolf and the private investigator. Would they let us leave it we tried? I stand up and pull onto Dhriti's fur to let her know I wanted to leave.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 17 August 2019 at 8:45 AM

Emilia stares back at Knight. "Partner? Who said that we were partners?"

Knight stares back at her. "I did.."

Emilia couldn't believe what she heard. Was this wolf roasting her? If so, wow.