~ Some suggestions to improve the feeding experience ~

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 14 August 2019 at 2:12 PM

Just a very simple and nice touch - I was thnking it would be nice If, when on a creature's page, we could click the right and left arrow keys (or other keys, as keyboard shortcuts) to navigate to the previous / next creature instead of having to click the feed button and then click the tiny arrow to go backward / forward. I know for sure it'd make my way of feeding much easier!

Or, If thinking big, it would be also nice a page in which ALL creatures in one's cove or list are gradually loaded as you scroll in a grid-like mode, with a "feed me" button under them, so we could mass click without having to load every creature each time, or a feeder in which, after clicking the "feed me" button, the next creature in the cove (or list) auto load. I don't know how much difficult would these be to implement, code-wise, as I'm not an expert, but just posting anyways, as one day they might be implemented, who knows. (:

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 14 August 2019 at 5:16 PM

@wererage I enjoy the feeding the way it is, but those sound like fun 😊

Deleted • 14 August 2019 at 11:44 PM

@stevepat2002
For me the keyboard shortcut would be heaven on earth 'cause after some time my finger hurts while clicking the button, and a shortcut would "lessen the burden", haha. Thank you very much for your feedback! (:

Other pings (sorry If you dislike them):
@qerrats
@demonicj
@veritaspunk
@praire

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 15 August 2019 at 12:32 AM

@wererage a quicker way to feeed on pc is ctrl + click each creature you want to feed (which pulls up a new tab for each creature) and then after you feed the first creature, Ctrl + w each tab to close them and you’ll automatically be on the next tab 😊

Deleted • 15 August 2019 at 12:36 AM

@wigglytuff
That unfortunately doesn't work for me anymore, as my pc is not very powerful and is quite old... and loading many tabs, even five, causes it to overheat. The point of the thread is to make the alternate feeding method (the one using the arrows) more efficient, tbh. Thanks for the tip, though! (:

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 15 August 2019 at 1:05 AM

@wererage oh, that must suck ☹️ I like the idea, though!

55 posts

nightgale • 15 August 2019 at 1:50 AM

@wererage Sorry to hear about your computer ☹️ I think your idea of making the arrows a keyboard shortcut would be amazing!

My laptop is super old and slow at times so what I do to click is I use snaplinks and set a pretty large delay (about 1-7 seconds) between tabs opening so that way I can feed and close the tab before the next one opens! Maybe something like that will help you out, it certainly makes it a bit more mindless. Good luck though!

Deleted • 15 August 2019 at 1:56 AM

@nightgale
That brings back memories, I used to use snaplinks back then (I still do have it), but the issue remains - that you click one per one or use an extension, If the PC is slow there's not much one can do, I fear. I personally would really love a "minimalistic" kind of feeder with maybe just the feed button and creature, a bit like the feeder in GPX+ ...but I'm not code expert, so I don't really know how hard it can be to implement a system like that. I'm liking the arrow method so far though... it's only a bit annoying to have to move the mouse to click the arrow after clicking the "feed me" button, an then move the mouse again to the next creature's "feed me" button, I guess? xD