Halloween Fair 2019

in General

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 1 October 2019 at 2:19 AM

Thread to discuss the Halloween Fair!

What do you like about it, what do you hate?
What are you trying to get this year?

What questions have you asked the Doovoo and what was his response?

I love the Halloween Fair and I am aiming to remain on the Leaderboards for the event. I want to try and get one of every creature as well as that's my little tradition for the event.

Non-binary
32 posts

crescentmoons • 1 October 2019 at 8:24 AM

I'm just baffled on how people get so many pumpkin seeds so fast. People with over 2k already? wild. I want to attempt to try and get the new snail pet if possible, I think it's super cute. I also love -all- of the travels

Deleted • 1 October 2019 at 10:42 AM

I'm enjoying the event so far! 😊 I just have a question... is it possible to disable the "you found a seed" popup? It's okay If not, it's jst a bit... annoying while feeding using the arrow method (click feed, click next creature, repeat) instead of the tab one. x:

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 1 October 2019 at 11:32 AM

@crescentmoons

Personally, I've been feeding for a couple (or actually at this moment more like 11 1/2) hours on and off. My time zone means that midnight ECT is 2pm my time (so it's about 1.30am when I type this, but my insomnia is very present at the moment), and I planned my day to be able to start straight away, with shows going in another window on the computer . I also play all the games, normally as soon as I can, although I have lost about 400 seed doing so,. Previous years have helped with the constellation game, and there is a thread that lists the travels to help with that.

In regards to feeding, I've found that you don't need to wait for the pop up to load for the seed to count (same currently works for the Valentine's chocolates) meaning using the Ctrl Click/Ctrl W method I can feed rather quickly.

In saying that, I managed to get my "keeper" Snerris (and about 400kec) purely from feeding in the Click Exchange in about 7 hours, not including the time I spent away from the computer wandering around the house and cooking dinner. Stargazing has also gotten me about 8 constellation backgrounds as well.

Non-binary
32 posts

crescentmoons • 1 October 2019 at 11:41 AM

@minnie298a yeah i've been feeding in my downtime at work, already ran out of click exchange links. it drives me a little bonkers that i have so many click exchange credits that i'll never ever run out (and I have a bunch of previous event eggs that have yet to hatch and have been in the exchange for...months and months. even putting their links into another click site doesn't help too much.) i just hit 1k seeds a little while ago. I've found the constellation game is the best as far as getting seeds in the games goes. I don't do the seed toss personally I don't think it's worth risking the seeds. I think I'm going to just try to find more larger feed friendly coves and go from there when I have downtime at work again.

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 1 October 2019 at 11:56 AM

@crescentmoons
I have over 98K XC credits, but still use the exchange as my main way of making EC. I've since gone through a chunk of my friends list, and am now randomly finding coves. However due to a very unpleasant experience years ago, that process isn't overly easy for me to do mentally.

But if you need a large cove, mine is over 550 creatures and totally feed friendly, with the lists being for my reference only.

@mastergemma
Thought I added this in my original post, but I always ask the Doovoo "Will you help me?" At least his answers are honest.

@wererage
From memory, I don't think there is a way to turn off the pop up via the site.

Deleted • 1 October 2019 at 12:10 PM

@minnie298a
Aww, that's too bad. But thanks for telling me. 😊
Was checking because... I don't remember If we had the popup thing back from years ago and... well, EC changed so much from that time! I guess I'll try to stick with the tab method...

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 1 October 2019 at 12:20 PM

@wererage
I can't think of a time with out the pop ups, but I'll admit my memory of the early years is a bit foggy (lots happened in my life since I joined), and I didn't participate much in the first couple of years. I know they greatly effected how much I participated in the Chocco event a couple of years ago though, as I was restricted to my tablet instead of a desk top. There may be a way to do it off site with settings and such, but I'm not that technologically inclined, so I can't help.

Deleted • 1 October 2019 at 12:29 PM

@minnie298a
Good news, I managed to get rid of them using an overlay blocker extension. 😊

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 October 2019 at 1:06 PM

The doovoo is my favorite part of the Halloween fair. Here is what I've asked him so far:

Will I have a good time? (Absolutely)
Are we friends? (My sources say no) :'(
Will we ever be friends? (No)
Are you sure? (Yes) Why does he hate me so much!!! XD
Are you little? (Yes, perhaps)
Are you holding a knife? (Absolutely)
Are you a pessimist? (Without a doubt.)

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 1 October 2019 at 2:28 PM

@mastergemma
I asked “Will I die someday?” Not likely
“Will I fail my science test?” No

Non-binary
13 posts

i-onetwotree-i • 1 October 2019 at 3:21 PM

I'd like to see more actual games in it, I know this is a clicker site but

I'd be fun hee hee,,

Male
5 posts

surutsu • 1 October 2019 at 4:01 PM

I mostly use the click cove, only creatures that want to be fed appear there. Though, some people forget to ask for something to be removed when they send a creature to an alt, or are confused if they trade a creature on the cove. @minnie298a
@crescentmoons I suppose I'm basically like Minnie here. I was awake the moment the event started, and I've had a very hard time sleeping lately. I use 2 monitors, so I just watch something on the main. I got used to doing this from FutureRP, mindless attacking and watching something. I've stayed up 24 hours straight just attacking on that game before, I was the first to do so. So... I'm no stranger to this, and thus another reason I have been able to feed quite a lot on a daily basis since joining.
@wererage Ctrl+W ftw, and don't forget something akin to snaplinks (linkclump for chrome)

I personally don't do Travels of Terror or Pepita's Punchline. Travels of Terror feels to be a major waste of effort for it's reward, when you could have fed in the time it took you to find what it is. If I do bother with it, I will only attempt the ones that are trinket travels.

I just ask Doovoo "What is a question?" every time. The only other question I asked, was my first try, and it was if I was going to marry my girlfriend. We wont talk about the answer I was given 😋

Side note, 29 cave steals and still no monthly ☚ī¸

Deleted • 1 October 2019 at 4:14 PM

@surutsu
Thank you for the advice! I'm alredy using these - the problem is just my PC is quite old and it becomes really slow when more than, like, three tabs are opened. EC is being... kinda of laggy too, probably because many people are logged in and joining the event. Also... yep, old PC and all. I still can manage tho. xD

Male
5 posts

surutsu • 1 October 2019 at 5:39 PM

@wererage Yeah that's unforunate. You're doing well though! Thankfully, there are many ways to earn seeds. Judging by some of the past seed-earnings, and that I've already got the creatures I want; My seeds will just pile up quite high from this point on if I stick with it lol (other than a few travels I want to snag)... So I probably plan to 'giveaway' my seeds later in the month. Not sure if people generally do that, but I don't see why not. Using my seeds to buy whatever the winners want. Unfortunately no real way to see who wasn't able to earn a whole lot, and give to those who couldn't afford their goal. I dunno! We'll see, as you know I have already giveaways to rack my brain over...

Deleted • 1 October 2019 at 5:42 PM

@surutsu
Haha, yeah! I'd usually have to feed this much for ECs anyways... I guess the event is just making it a bit slower. 😋 And I feel you on that... I just... want one of these snails, two or three extras for trading, and the rest I get I'll use to help friend getting creatures / travels from the prize shop, mostly. And you can kinda see people who didn't get enough seeds by following the leaderboards... well, I guess it would be a start? (:

Male
5 posts

surutsu • 1 October 2019 at 5:53 PM

Yeah I feed a lot anyway as well, does feel slower, even with my net and computer. I probably should take advantage of getting extras, but I hate trading.
That does actually give me an interesting idea of randomly messaging people from the leaderboard offering seeds throughout the month. But still, it's the top 50 ☚ī¸ which are the... top 50 😋

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 1 October 2019 at 7:41 PM

I'm just trying to feed the big coves (with 500+ creatures). Because it's good for mindless work. One question I do have tho: I remember before people would "sell" seeds, like having someone ask you to buy a creature in exchange for EC. Is that still a thing or no? I haven't been on for a while 😋

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 1 October 2019 at 8:25 PM

@wererage
Glad you found something that works.

@surutsu
The reason I stick to the XC is that I was once abused by someone who accidentally put the wrong creature into their Feed list. And there was this whole thing about how they had so many creatures they didn't know which one, just the feed notification said there was to many in the list, and it was my fault for feeding the creature that shouldn't be there. So the click exchange is "safe", and I've never had any issues with it. I didn't last night, and often don't on double feed day (because I'm weird and take stats), will drift off and feed small coves that have red level unhappy creatures in the exchange.

As for my excess seeds, I will often trade them off or buy creatures and backgrounds to auction through out the year. For example, my wiccilin cost me about 20k in seed prizes (and some ec) back in 2015. However there was something about the trick or treat bags and the quests and stocking user shops that I need to investigate. Unless someone else happens to know what that was and has been following the prices.

I do do the Travel game. I've noticed I get between 9 and 15 seeds for the minute or so it takes to play. Yes, I found it bothersome to start with, but with the help of megadash's board ( https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/72146 ), which I keep open in another window, it's much, much easier. I use search for trinket travels, and if there is another oddity in my letters like 7, 8, . and ', which also helps highlight possibilities. Other wise it's just a matter of scrolling through the letters, then copy and pasting the answer. With practice, I've learnt to recognize some travels. It's a bit like feeding, you need to find a way that suits you.

I also do the Maze, as I often come out ahead seed wise. It only takes winning 4 or 5 travels to be ahead, without finding any seeds. I'm going to try to keep track of what I get this year, but day one netted me over 1200 ec, 2 plushies and an ice cream that are quest items, and a straw bale.

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 1 October 2019 at 10:52 PM

@crescentmoons
Yeah feeding helps drives the number of seeds you have by wonders! I normally don't waste my time with the Travels of Terror unless it's a easy one to solve (stage 4 or something with only two words).

@minnie298a
I've only found 1 constellation background so far which is actually making me sad because I love the constellations ❤ī¸ It sounds like we are in the same timezone, wooo timezone buddies! That's a lot of credits and I'm hoping that more users will be using the Xchange because of the event, and hopefully continue to use it afterwards! If you ever need to talk or vent, my inbox will always be open ❤ī¸ When I talk to the Doovoo I always just type a letter or number. Currently, I'm going for speed but towards the end of the month I'll go for funny questions. For all of the pop ups on Egg Cave, you don't have to click on the X, you just need to click outside of the pop up.

@wererage
You cannot disable it but you don't have to click on the X to close it, just tap anywhere outside of the pop up and it'll close.

@bgunny
Gosh I love the Doovoo, I knew he was a pessimist!

@i-onetwotree-i
That would be amazing! The constellations were a recent addition - two or three years back now!

@surutsu
I use snaplinks on my laptop and it really helps because my clickers are very bad on it. I don't do either of the games you mentioned for the same reason. Users do tend to 'sell' their leftover seeds or doing giveaways. You can't actually sell seeds but you can sell the prizes. I would look for new users and see if they want one. At the end of the month you'll be able to see who has one/doesn't have one. If you want, I have a list of feed friendly coves on my profile if that helps and @the_cattery is always looking for feeds and is completely feed friendly.

@myriadium
You can't actually sell seeds but you can sell the prizes.

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 2 October 2019 at 12:52 AM

@mastergemma
I think I've notice the time zone thing with you before off something you said. Not saying we'll still be in the same time zone next week. With the doovoo, I click in the box click the drop down menu, and hit return or the button,

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 2 October 2019 at 9:00 AM

I asked Doovoo would he give me some seeds, he said "nah" and took 2 seeds from me. I am not talking to him anymore ☚ī¸

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 2 October 2019 at 4:26 PM

@mastergemma

I asked the doovoo, "Will I be married?" "No."
I asked, "Will I die soon?" "Without a doubt."
😋

Cis Male
13 posts

darknate • 2 October 2019 at 6:39 PM

I only have 37 seeds I do wanna buy that skeleton thinghy the pahohoo?

Female
890 posts

murfijs • 3 October 2019 at 2:56 AM

i asked the doovoo lots of things actually.
here are some
will there be new episodes of my favourite tv show? (my sources say no) ☚ī¸
will i get warrior cats books for christmas?(absolutely) yay!
is my favourite character from steven universe(its a show btw) gonna die?(yes perhaps)
am i a furry owo?(without a doubt)nice 😃

Female
1,091 posts

valorieviolet • 6 October 2019 at 5:52 PM

I like how the corn maze is giving out random things that are currently available in the shops, is this new? Last year it was all the same r100 stuff (like the popcorn, clown mask, sword, etc).

Female
4,590 posts

mastergemma • 6 October 2019 at 10:14 PM

@minnie298a
I woke up yesterday and I couldn't figure out why my phone was an hour ahead of everything else!

@asbe
Haha! I find the Doovoo, on average, a bit more giving than taking.

@xxcouchxx
It depends on the time scale used I guess. If you're using a million year time scale then it would be soon.

@valorie100
The Maze has always given out the Halloween travels, it's just fairly rare for it to do so.

@darknate
Check your notifications ❤ī¸

I've finally found more constellation travels so I'm really happy with that and I still need to get rid of more creatures so I can buy creature prizes. I was trying to get an average of 2000 seeds per day but I'll probably drop it to 1000 seeds a day...

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 7 October 2019 at 12:36 AM

@mastergemma
I double checked all mine, but they were fine. I'm sure it took me ages to make sure they were not set to Sydney time.

I'm now up to 26 constellation travels from 86 tries. I'm more surprised that despite having between 30 and 50 cave attempts every day, I've only found one Motti.

@valorie100
I'm sure at least last year they were giving out the plushies, books and candy dispensers. Otherwise I have no way to explain the amounts of them I have in my strongroom.

Now for something slightly different.
I can remember from previous years there being a debate on the worth of spending 50 seed for the Corn Maze game, with many forgoing it, not thinking it was worth the out lay. As a result, I've kept a log for the first week (and will expand out to day by day if requested) on what I've received back. Please keep in mind this is a random game, and experiences may vary. But......

Outlay - 350 seeds (50 X 7)
Prizes:
4743 EC
74 seeds
25 items, consisting of:
-17 plushies, books and candy dispenses I've seen as requested Quest items.
-1 ec travel
-3 Prize shop travels (total value of 1200 seeds)
-4 Maze exclusive toys.

So, I consider it a profitable activity. It only takes finding one Prize shop travel a week to effectively "turn a profit". It costs 1550 seeds to play every day, and so far I have 1274 in seed prizes in one week. The ec is a bonus.

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 7 October 2019 at 6:48 AM

@minnie298a

Thanks for posting that log. I find the corn maze to be profitable as well. I believe I've gotten a lot more than 74 seeds from doing it too. 😊

Female
1,627 posts

minnie298a • 8 October 2019 at 1:49 AM

@xxcouchxx
I was thinking the amount of found seeds was a little low on previous years, but wasn't to worried as I was still ahead on average. Then today (the 8th) I found a total of 112 seeds laying around in 3 pills, so got back twice the amount it cost me .