Newbie, any tips?

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
7 posts

cutiebunny • 29 November 2019 at 5:45 PM

Hi, I am new to egg cave, and I have no idea how to do dis. Anyone hav any tips they'd like to pass on? Thx! Make sure to feed mah creatures 😊! Oh, and hav a nice day!

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 29 November 2019 at 9:51 PM

@cutiebunny

Welcome to eggcave! It is an extreamly fun game and i hope for you to grow and love your creatures! The only tip i can give for now is to not make the same mistake i did, and leave the game for long periods of time (i lost quite a few creatures because of that). I hope you have an awesome time here!

Best wishes,
-@meisawesome

Ps. Not to be rude, but it is no-ones responsobility to feed your creatures. Most people dont even know your profile exists

Female
1,734 posts

lexicon • 29 November 2019 at 10:16 PM

@cutiebunny

A lot of people do "feedbacks" which means that if you feed their creatures, they'll feed yours 😊. By feeding other coves you earn money (EC) to buy things in-game from the "shop" tab, participate in auctions and/or trades and more! And that's how you get others to feed your creatures.

Hope you have lots of fun collecting and expanding your cove 😉

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 30 November 2019 at 6:19 AM

Hiya! Welcome to Egg Cave!

Do you play Solpets by any chance? I recognise the username, I think.

I would participate in things like Feed the Person Above You, type threads in the games forums.

Female
7 posts

cutiebunny • 30 November 2019 at 3:52 PM

@darkladyinside no, I do not play Solpets but maybe ill try it! 😊
@kimichanx3 Thx! I was wondering how to get more EC ^-^
@meisawesome yeah, I'm new to dis, so lots of ppl don't know meh username, but im asking for help here!
Thx to everyone! 😸
Btw, how do you complete quests? #wondering 😊

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 30 November 2019 at 7:04 PM

@cutiebunny

Sent you some gifts that you can use on your pets. My best advice for you is to do lots of feeds and save up your ec so that you can buy yourself a nice pet. And if you have plenty you can use your ec in auctions to buy something that you don't even have in your collection which to me is the best part of starting a new game.

Female
7 posts

cutiebunny • 1 December 2019 at 4:52 PM

@jirachiwishmaker thx, Im going to look for bunny pets! 😸 also, thx for the gifts! 😊

Female
73 posts

dragoncrider • 1 December 2019 at 4:58 PM

Trading is a great way to get pets and most people usually go by this pricing guide: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/68875

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 1 December 2019 at 6:11 PM

@cutiebunny Hi! Welcome! 😊 It can be a bit intimidating to start out here, but you'll get the hang of it if you stick around. There are a few things that I've learned that would probably help you out a bit.

Acronyms -
EC - EggCoins: The default site currency. Obtained mainly through feeding creatures.
CC - CaveCash: Currency bought with real life currency. You can spend it in the Cash Shop. Some users sell CC vouchers for EC. The average conversion rate is 500k EC = 50cc
CSP - Cash Shop Pet: A creature only available from the Cash Shop and purchased with CC.

1. Creatures will die if their happiness gets low enough. There are a few ways to combat this, the most obvious is feeding them daily. However, just one person feeding isn't usually enough to keep them alive long term. There's a few easy ways to keep your creatures happy and fed though!

a1. Immortals - Creatures each have a level based on the number of views, clicks, and feeds they've received. Once a creature hits Level 2000, (6000 total combined stats) it becomes immortal and will never die even if their happiness hits 0. This is what you should strive for on your favorite creatures.
There are users who know of ways to quickly immortalize creatures and sell their services on the forums.
There are also things you can buy in the Cash Shop that can instantly boost stats on your creatures.

a2. Leaf of Vaka - The best way to keep all your creatures alive and happy is with the Leaf of Vaka. (sometimes just called 'the leaf') It can be bought in the Cash Shop for 500cc and as long as you have one on your account (either in your inventory or item storage) your creatures will sit at 100% happiness regardless of feeds, level, etc. This is something that is almost essential on this game if you don't want to stress over losing creatures.

a3. Tim's Food Shoppe - If you can't get a leaf or be vigilant in feeding your creautres, thankfully there's another option. Tim's Food Shoppe is sort of like a daycare. You pay a fee to have your creatures kept happy for a select number of days. The trick here is to wait until your creatures start to get low on happiness, send them all to Tim's for one day, and get a refund right away. Your creatures are all instantly boosted to 100% and you gain some of your EC back.

a4. Feed backs/Feed for Feed/Feed lists - A lot of users on the forums have posts advertising these things. They're very simple. A feed back or feed for feed is exactly like the name suggests. You feed their creatures, and they feed yours in return. A feed list is a user collected list of people who's coves you can go through and feed one by one, these aren't always a 'feed for feed' situation. It's important to make sure that whoever's creatures you feed are 'Feed Friendly'. Some users have creatures they don't want to be fed, and usually have a tab in their cove listing ones they don't want fed or a note in their bio/status/wall saying they don't want feeds. If you're not sure, it never hurts to ask someone if they're feed friendly.

a5. Click Exchange - On your sidebar, (or 'bottombar' if you're on mobile. It should be there if you scroll down the page) there's a link with a little hand. It says something like '15 XC' on it. That's your shortcut to the click exchange.
You can put up to 20 creatures in the exchange at one time. The way it works is that you click and feed other creatures listed on the main page of the click exchange and receive 'XC' in return. For each XC you have, someone else on the site can see and click/feed your listed creatures in the exchange. Each time someone clicks/feeds one of your creatures, you lose a point. You get 15(I think?) XC a day, as long as you're active and have creatures in the exchange.
I wouldn't say this is the best method to keep your creatures alive, but it definitely speeds up their evolutions.

2. Creature Types
Sub categories:
-Commons
-Monthlies
-Stars
-CSP
-Seasonal
-Limited
-Creature Release Week

-Commons.
Well, they're common. They're available at all times and have virtually no 'value'. I recommend getting one of each common and ignoring the rest unless you are particularly fond of any. (Some people hoard commons they like. I collect Floicols for example, my side account @gentle houses only floicols.)

-Monthlies.
Typically there are 2 cave monthlies and 2 CSPs released each month. These are available for one month, and then they retire. There have been a few ways added recently to the site that allow certain monthlies to be available again, but a majority have not been re-released. Collect these. They average 10k-25k ec during the month they're available and increase in value as they age. Hang onto these and sell at later dates.

-Stars.
Stars are an odd feature on the site. They're mostly cosmetic, showing as a little star on the picture of your creature. You can adjust their color and position somewhat. They do give a daily bonus in stats, but personally I don't find it that amazing. You can purchase a star to add to your creature through the Cash Shop for 100cc. You can also rarely find natural stars in the cave, usually on commons. These commons actually have some value, so pick those up if you see them. I've seen star commons sell for 50k-100k ec.
Aside from the commons, a star on a creature adds about 500k ec/50cc to the value of a creature.

-CSP.
There are two kinds of CSP, monthlies and limited, we're going to start with monthlies. With at least 2 released every month for $5/500cc/5mil ec each, it's a bit ridiculous when you first start to imagine spending $5 on a creature. The fun part comes when they retire for good. The values of these creatures can skyrocket, easily going from $5 to $25(2500cc)+ within a few years. If you have your sights set on an old CSP, start investing in the CSP market. In the last few years, at the end of the year, all monthly CSPs from the current have been re-released for a short time for their original price of 500cc.

Limited CSPs are a bit different. They can be released and retire at any time, though usually the dates are listed on the site blog. They typically go for $2/200cc/2mil ec each, and the values on these aren't as easy to predict.

For example, a few years ago we got the Fourbon creature. Sold for 200cc in the Cash Shop from December 24th-31st. This is probably the fastest I've seen the price inflate on a creature. Within a few months, they were going for at least 1000cc, and the current value sits at around a whopping 5000cc. (That's $50 for a creature that sold for $2!!)

Compare that to the Chamillion, released in the same year as the Fourbon for 200cc. Available for 5 days and now retired. The current value sits at around 1500-2000cc. Still a nice increase from the original price, but nowhere near as drastic as the fourbon.

-Seasonal.
These creatures are released yearly during certain events/holidays. Their value is higher when they first release, but over the years goes down.

-Limited.
Not really a term used on the site, but I can't think of any other way to put it. These creatures are released for a limited time usually during holidays/events. They don't come back yearly like the seasonals however, and are higher value. Usually available for a few days and then purchasable in the CSP for 200cc. My tip is to get them from the cave if you can, and skip the CSP versions unless they seem extremely popular.

-Creature Release Week.
Creature release week, or CRW, is a week in January where there's a new creature released every day for a week. They're available in the cave for the week and then are sold in the CSP for 200cc. The values of these vary drastically, with the last creature usually being the most rare/valuable. Like the limited, I don't recommend buying the CSP version unless you really want it and missed it, or it seems extremely popular. Some older CRW creatures are very expensive.

-Asteroid
Once a day, you can visit the asteroid and attempt to steal an eggs. On rare occasions you're successful and get an exclusive asteroid-only creature. These follow the pattern of being expensive when they're first released and typically drop in value as time goes on. If you get an asteroid egg and it's relatively new, I recommend selling it.

-Thief Shop
One of the best/worst EC sinks on the site. At random times, the Thief shop will restock with mystery eggs you can purchase. The prices range from 15k ec to 500k ec+. Even if you do manage to purchase one, you aren't guaranteed a creature. Most of the time the eggs are duds, and you walk away with nothing. If you're really lucky you can get an exclusive Thief shop creature. Their value follows the same trend as the asteroid creatures.

-Oasis/Endangered
Sometimes a common creature is randomly declared endangered. They no longer show up in the cave and their value shoots up. Since they're no longer available in the cave, they are sometimes, rarely, found in the Leila Oasis. Don't hold your breath though, it's pretty rare. If you manage to see one, snatch it quick.

3. Questing
Added not too long ago, quests were introduced to the site. You complete these quests by collecting the requested items. You get a token each time you successfully complete a quest, and with enough tokens you can try your luck at the VEND machine. The vend machine gives you a random creature from a list of retired creatures. These are anywhere from monthlies, event rewards, or limited creatures. You can try to purchase the items from their original shops or from other users in the user shops.

This took at least an hour to type out, lol. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

Female
7 posts

cutiebunny • 3 December 2019 at 2:31 PM

@raccoon thx! boy was that confusing, is paumpkin a seasonal? Because I hav one 😸 Do you just find the quest items around egg cave? I can't seem to find them... This only took me 30 minutes to read XD

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 3 December 2019 at 2:44 PM

@cutiebunny

The panumpkin is a monthly. 😊 It's retired now. You can check by going to the archives and looking up the species. Seasonal creatures have their status as 'Seasonal'. (Easily found by searching the species name in the search bar or scrolling to the bottom of the page of one of said species.)

The quest items are purchased in the shops. Under the 'Shops' tab there's a list of all the NPC shops. (General Food Store, Toy Shop, Travel Agency, etc) These restock every 10-ish minutes (give or take) and you aren't guaranteed to find the items you need right away. Or you can purchase them from other users in the User Shops (Also listed under the shops tab).

Female
7 posts

cutiebunny • 3 December 2019 at 4:30 PM

@raccoon thx! I just failed another quest tho...... but now i'll see lol