Beasts Academy Sign Ups and Discussion

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 16 December 2019 at 10:27 AM

@bgunny
Oh yeah I would be! XD anyway, I love the Roleplay even though it hasn’t started! Everyone has really interesting characters!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 16 December 2019 at 1:04 PM

@galaxyleopard
I agree all the way! I was really impressed by the outcome of the characters for this roleplay. 😊

1,478 posts

arcana • 18 December 2019 at 7:26 PM

@bgunny
Oh my gosh! I'm so so sorry for taking so long! Here's my beast character!

Name: Zayaoji
Nickname: Baita or Explosion. (He doesn't remember why he has Baita, and Explosion was given to him by his handlers. If he doesn't expressly let you use them, he will shoot fire at you.)
Age: Technically very, very ancient, but also five right now. (See power)
~~~~~~~~
Race/Beast: Ancient Pheonix
Appearance: https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/457aaafe-1079-43fd-97e6-4a74f1def90c/ddmk5xr-f1712920-b6ef-4092-bf74-f27518a447b3.jpg/v1/fill/w_1032,h_774,q_70,strp/pheo_1__by_waphy_ddmk5xr-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQ1N2FhYWZlLTEwNzktNDNmZC05N2U2LTRhNzRmMWRlZjkwY1wvZGRtazV4ci1mMTcxMjkyMC1iNmVmLTQwOTItYmY3NC1mMjc1MThhNDQ3YjMuanBnIiwiaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD05NjAiLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS53YXRlcm1hcmsiXSwid21rIjp7InBhdGgiOiJcL3dtXC80NTdhYWFmZS0xMDc5LTQzZmQtOTdlNi00YTc0ZjFkZWY5MGNcL3dhcGh5LTQucG5nIiwib3BhY2l0eSI6OTUsInByb3BvcnRpb25zIjowLjQ1LCJncmF2aXR5IjoiY2VudGVyIn19.tsaJHlCYz7baMGvVY1mjLBe9krYBbnsUw1Gjr5B8H6s (Drew that, part of why it took so long.)
A constantly flaming majestic bird with a long, slender neck. His beak is sharp, and a pale yellow. His wings flicker between being feathers and flames. He can choose to emanate heat, and he can make a lot of it. His plumage is ranges and changes from pale oranges, yellows to rich oranges and even richer reds. His eyes are normally a deep red-brown, but they change to a whitish yellow when he's really mad. He's a mix between scary, majestic and pretty.
Personality: He's fiery, feisty and difficult. His nickname "Explosion" is a fairly good representation of his personality and temper. He can't ever keep from sarcasm or insults, but if he likes you, he'll make it nice or constructive. He doesn't care about many things, but does value freedom. Doesn't care or realise how fragile other creatures are. Does care for some people and will never badly harm children.
History: After a botched rebirth(See power) where he lost most of his memories, he stumbled into Academy grounds. After four years, he grew too big to hide and got caught. He refuses to talk or cooperate and no one knows what to do about him. The Academy is debating what to do, and decided to make him a pairing option in hopes that he would be more cooperative.
~~~~~~~~
*Power: Pyrokinesis(can shoot it), and the "curse of rebirth". When they die, they get reborn and usually grow quicker than normal. He's still fairly small. They retain their memories when the die. Those with the curse combust upon death. This is a curse that can be bestowed on others, who instantly combust and get reborn. They will grow quicker than normal and do not usually retain any memories. The curse is permanent unless the person cursed can get a feather from the phoenix that cursed them. Whoever's paired with him is immune to his fire and gets the curse as well, although they don't instantly combust and do retain their memories. (Don't really plan on doing too much of anything with the curse, just wanted him to be an accurate phoenix)
Strengths: Amazing fighter with his pyrokinesis and can turn himself to pure fire. Not afraid of death at all. Good at fighting and maneuvering in general as well. Some odd talents may pop up or leave him as his memories fluctuate.
Weaknesses/Fears: Weak to water, ice and cold. If there's not too much of it, he can just burn it away. However, he can die from water, ice or cold. He will not severely harm a child of any kind. Arrogant and hot-headed. If he meets one of the two people he cursed, he will do anything to compensate them.

Additional/Optional Information
Family: Can't remember, but knows that he has strong familiar bonds.
Friends/Other Relations: His handlers both fear him and like him. Like zookeepers with a very venomous snake, or a crocodile.
Interest/Likes: Fire, revenge, sarcasm, spite, freedom, fire.
Dislikes: Ice, water, cold, people who try to be nice to him out of fear or with ulterior motives.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 19 December 2019 at 12:17 AM

@arcana
It's alright. I'm still working on one of my characters, so I can't judge. I know it takes time to make them sometimes. He's great! I'll add him to the list.

Just so your aware, the link in appearance isn't working for me. It's taking me to some Google thing in a different language.

1,478 posts

arcana • 19 December 2019 at 12:19 AM

@bgunny
I'll change that link. I tried using a link shortener because it was really long. I'll just put the regular link instead.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 19 December 2019 at 6:26 AM

@bgunny I did not get this ping

Name: Clythia Valley Urcrym
Nickname: Thia
~~~~~~~~
Race/Beast: Half-Elf
Appearance:
Clythia has silver hair, worn down with two braids at the sides of her head, meeting and making a little puffy ponytail,(https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/434597432774657899/?lp=true(third, first row)) and almond-shaped void black eyes. Her frame is thin and frail and her face is sharp angles. She has bloodless small lips. Her ears are slightly pointed. Her fingers are slender and long and her skin is pale. Her chest is flat. (Clothes: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/560627853595645120/?lp=true).
Personality:

People always say to be happy, no matter what you look like!

Clythia is considered "overly-happy". She sometimes tries to pun but ultimately fails. When the situation calls for it, she can be calm, but a smile would still be on her face.
History:
Clythia grew up in a crumbling city, where everything was somber. Her father was alcoholic and she never knew her mother. She was everything her father wanted her to be, quiet, small, non-existent. She was a reminder of her mother to him. They lived in a one person apartment that was mostly clean, thanks to her. One day, she was trying to place her father somewhere more comfortable to pass out. He had woken up and after a couple seconds of his eyes darting around, they widen. "WHAT THE-" He stood up and pointed at her with a bottle. He yelled at bit and grabbed her. He dragged her to a forest nearby. Throwing her down, he prepared to hit her with the bottle. She was scared. She didn't know it, but she was scared. Out of nowhere, a bird flew into him. He yelled, swinging the bottle around. More birds came. She crawled away from him. Something picked her up. Next thing she knew, she was being cared for by wolves. From 6 to 12, she lived with wolves. She could talk to them. She could hunt with them. At last, she left the wolves, deciding to go to the capital to find her purpose.
~~~~~~~~
*Power:
Limited Fauna Manipulation: She can create, shape and manipulate animals for a time period. She can speak to them, see through their mind(not control them) whenever.
Strengths:
She's constantly smiling, laughing and (badly) joking, so it's easy to make friends to her.
Weaknesses/Fears:
But, when she's doing something that usually isn't done while smiling, people can get unnerved, and avoid her. She's also Claustrophobic and Cleithrophobic.
Additional/Optional Information:
Clythia carries an ash dagger with her.
She changed her last name.
Family:
Unknown Mother, Unknown Father
Friends/Other Relations:
The Shadow Wolf Tribe
Interest/Likes:
Animals, Open Spaces, Sweet things, Smiling, Cooking
Dislikes:
Closed or Small Spaces, Alcohol, Rude People, Eating Fish/Sealife

Name: Nocturne (Not actual name as her true name cannot be pronounced)
Nickname: Noct
~~~~~~~~
Race/Beast:
???/Dragon Beast (https://thoughtcatalog.com/january-nelson/2018/08/types-of-dragons/) Has silver eyes that seem to swirl like smoke under glass.
Appearance:
(https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1758979(First Picture))
Personality:
Nocturne is said to be cunning, and temperamental. But she does show some caring qualities.
History:
It is said that Nocturne was once a different creature and appeared in this realm by accident and was forced into a lesser form.
~~~~~~~~
*Power:
Illusion Manipulation: She can create visions and illusions to others via eye contact. The illusions can range from the feeling of *******, ******** and nightmares becoming real. (EggCave Rules, needs to be PG-13. The asterisks stand for death stuff)
Death by Illusion: In many instances, people can die from Nocturne's illusions, believing them to be real. (Cannot be used a lot)
Limited Healing.
Protective Ward Destruction: Nocturne can both sense and destroy protective wards.
Strengths:
Multilingualism.
Weaknesses/Fears:
Normal food: She is disgusted by normal food and has no idea how bowel movements work.

Additional/Optional Information:
She drinks blood. That's her food source.
Family:
???
Friends/Other Relations:
???
Interest/Likes:
Lamb and Goat Blood, Books, Hunting
Dislikes:
Normal Food

1,327 posts

bgunny • 19 December 2019 at 11:00 AM

@asrieldreemurr
Really? But, I did ping you... Well, I'm glad you found your way here in the end. Accepted! Thanks for joining!

@summerglow4a @snom
Sorry if you got the first ping and weren't interested. If that's the case then just disregard this. I get guilty fairly easily, and I wanted to make sure what happened to asrieldreemurr hadn't happened to you.

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 December 2019 at 11:40 AM

@bgunny Sorry, I would like to join! It will take me some time to make a character.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 19 December 2019 at 11:54 AM

@summerglow4a
That's okay. I'm still in the process of making a character myself. We'll wait for you. I'm not in the biggest hurry to start. 😊

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 December 2019 at 2:12 PM

@bgunny Thanks

Name: Mikel Diarmada
Nickname:
~~~~~~~~
Race/Beast: Human
Appearance: He has dark brown shoulder length hair that he keeps tied up. He has long bangs that covers most of his face. His eyes are dark green.
Personality: He’s fairly reserved, only talks to people when he needs to. He’s very apathetic about everything around him. He’s also slightly jealous of those who have powers, he loves studying magic and wishes he could do it himself.
History: His parents forced him to join the Beasts Academy. He doesn’t think he fits in very well.
~~~~~~~~
*Power: None
Strengths: He’s pretty smart and could do well in battle if he actually spent the time to train.
Weaknesses/Fears: He’s a bit of a coward and doesn’t like to fight.
He’s very insecure about himself. Everyday he worries about not belonging and wishes he could go home to a normal school.
Family: Oldest sibling of three, mother, father
Friends/Other Relations:
Interest/Likes: Studying, napping, time alone
Dislikes: Being around others, leadership, group projects, training

Name: Cerynitis
Nickname: Ceri
~~~~~~~~
Race/Beast: Cerynitis
Appearance: A tall deer with golden antlers and pelt and bronze hooves. She sparkles in sunlight.
Personality: Quiet and reserved
History: Accidentally strayed too close to the border of the Beasts Academy and was captured. It was the first time she wasn’t able to outrun someone and it really damaged her pride.
~~~~~~~~
*Power: Her natured based power is light. Her beast power is speed. She cannot physically speak, she communicates through telepathy.
Strengths: She’s very quick and agile
Weaknesses/Fears: She lacks power. She is easily able to run from a fight, but if she gets cornered, she’s going to have a tough time fighting back.
Her greatest fear is losing her freedom, being trapped somewhere she can’t run wherever she wants.
Family:
Friends/Other Relations:
Interest/Likes: Sunshine, nature, running, vegetables.
Dislikes: Tight spaces, cold weather.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 19 December 2019 at 11:22 PM

@summerglow4a
Great! Thanks for joining!
Accepted!

Name: Ilona
Nickname: None (Lona)
~~~~~~~~
Beast: Winged Wolf
Appearance:

http://ri.pinger.pl/pgr350/64bfaf370009bedb52eba374/Kasandra.jpg

She is a regal white wolf. Her body has a glowing aura around her most of the time. She can make it diminish, but doesn't do it very often. Only when she really has to. She is very fluffy. Her tail is a big furry mess. On her head and legs, she has what looks like hair. It's very soft. Her tail and hair seem to float and flow even when there isn't a wind. Her wings are big and strong looking. She has grey runes-like markings along her body. Her eyes are a deep blue/teal color. She is larger than the average size of a natural wolf, maybe about by two heads. She looks even bigger, though, because of her aura and the proud way she holds herself. She has been known to intimate even the biggest of beasts.

Personality:

Ilona has been taught by many elders in her pack. Training was stressed on her. Because of that she is wise and smart. She acts very calm and collected. It's hard to make her angry, and sometimes people have tried everything they can to upset her. Anyone who has successfully made her angry has regretted it... we'll leave it at that... She acts a little conceited, especially to those she doesn't like or trust, but is the opposite. She is actually very kind and motherly. Those who become her friends will discover those qualities in her. She has a sense of humor and likes to make fun of people through it. She is self-sacrificial and doesn't care what happens to her as long as everyone else is okay and safe. She often doesn't go to others when she needs them because she doesn't want to be a burden on them. She likes to hide her feelings. When she was younger, the other wolves looked at her like she was the most different thing in the world (which she was). It had an effect on her. She doesn't really feel like she belongs with the others. She thinks she is different from everyone else.

History:

Ilona is not a normal winged wolf. She had who she thought were her parents and siblings, but were not. She always noticed she was different from the other wolves. She glowed, she aged slower, her powers were stronger. It wasn't until she was 20 that the pack leader finally confronted her and told her she had been created by the sun. The next few years she was taught about anything and everything. She discovered her purpose in life; why the sun created her. Which was to help those in need, whether they be human, animal, or plant, and give them a light in their life. She stayed with her pack until her family and friends died and then set out to do her job. A few years back, maybe 20, she was captured by the Beasts Academy. To this day, she is still surprised and confused on how it happened and why they did it. She wasn't harming anyone. One time, she attacked them, and ever since then they've had her chained up. She hasn't been happy with Beasts Academy after that. Now, she's discovered that they plan on pairing her with one of their next Chosen. She only says one thing: This will be fun...

~~~~~~~~
Power:

Her nature based power is light. She has some of the applications to Pure Solar Manipulation. She can heal, resurrect, and purify. Something to mention about her healing is that she can heal and purify nature. She can also heighten ones psychical abilities for a little bit. Her most well known power to the people of Beasts Academy is that she can manipulate solar energy. It looks like a white light. It's very hot and burns like fire. It is deadlier than fire, though. Even those immune to the heat will at least feel it, if not be injured by it. In my mind she has a few more powers, but I probably won't do anything with them in the roleplay, so I'm not going to mention them.

Strengths:

Her powers are a notable strength. She's wise. She is also strong. She knows how to fight. She is very strong when it comes to flying. She has the endurance and the strength. She is fast when flying. She is pretty agile, especially when up in the sky.

Weaknesses/Fears:

Resurrecting takes a lot of energy. Afterwards, she needs to rest. If she heals too many wounds in a short amount of time, she will begin to get tired, sick, and feel the pain of the people she has healed. Heightening physical abilities is something she has not done very often since she is mostly a loner, so she's not the best at it yet. It takes a lot of concentration on her part. She has noticed that her powers are stronger in the day than in the night. Just like the sun, she needs to allow her powers to rest during the night.

She doesn't have many fears. She is scared of snakes and eels. She is scared of broken glass. When she was younger, she stepped on it one time and hurt her paw. It took forever to get the shard out. Ever since then, she's seemed to have a tendency to step on glass. It's like a curse. She gets nervous at the thought of being trapped, especially if it's underground where there is no light.

Additional Information
Family: Aquila (Adopted Mom, Deceased), Soleil(Adopted Dad, Deceased), numerous siblings
Friends/Relations: None alive
Interest/Likes:

She likes to help others in any way she can. She likes to be out in the sunlight. Sunset is her favorite time of the day. She likes to make fun of others every so often. She does like to play occasionally since it reminds her of her days as a young pup. She likes meat and some fruits. She loves to fly and practice her powers. She enjoys learning new things. She likes to travel and see all the sights. She was taught how to read by a human she helped once. She has had a love for it ever since.

Dislikes:

Ilona has never minded death like most others have, but she has a mild dislike for it. She has noticed that death has made others sad. She doesn't like getting dirty, although she is aware that it's not the worst thing in the world. She hates the cold, so she's glad she has a fluffy coat of fur. She doesn't like the dark, but has a respect for the night. It's a time for the sun to rest. She doesn't like vegetables. She also doesn't like uptight, emotional, or harmful people.

Other: I made her mostly so that we can do whatever we want with our characters without any consequences. Unfortunately, she's a very mysterious character to me. I had no idea what her weaknesses/fears, likes/dislikes, or strengths should be.

5 posts

unravel • 20 December 2019 at 1:46 PM

This is @bgunny. I'm writing to tell everyone (forgot to do it in my previous post) that I'm working on starting the roleplay. I just have to get everything together, creature the first post, make good pairs (It's surprisingly hard), things like that. I'm hoping to have it all done in the next few days.

So, if you want to join or make more characters, now is the time. Of course, if you tell me that you plan on doing either of those, I will wait for you.

Regardless, we'll start for sure after Christmas. That gives everyone 5-6 days to do any last minute things.

I'm excited to roleplay this with everyone and their awesome characters 😊!

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 20 December 2019 at 2:22 PM

@bgunny
OMG YAAAAAS!!!! This is gonna be such a GREAT roleplay!!!!!!!!!
IM SO EXCITEDYFUJDBSGTDYUSWJAHGDFTYEUIWKAJZHGFTDYEUSIWAKJH

Also, sorry for that and can we play as the beast? As in,

Luna: Blah blah blah

BEAST: Thought to himself............ It spread its wing and took off.

If that made no sense, can we have our beasts as a playable character? Thx

1,327 posts

bgunny • 20 December 2019 at 2:33 PM

@galaxyleopard
😊

To answer your question: yes, your beast will be a playable character. They won't be played in the very beginning, though, as I'm planning to start at the Chosen Ceremony (The day they will discover whether or not they were chosen).

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 20 December 2019 at 2:36 PM

@bgunny
Okay cool!!! This is so exciting! I really overreact with new role plays!

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 20 December 2019 at 3:31 PM

@bgunny
Sounds awesome! Can you ping me when you make the rp? Thx.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 20 December 2019 at 3:32 PM

@shadowdragon28
Of course! I will make sure to ping everyone who joined.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 December 2019 at 3:55 PM

@bgunny Woohoo! I'm so excited for this!

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 23 December 2019 at 10:12 AM

@bgunny
When do you think it’ll be ready? I’m currently trying to remember what my character looks like! XD

1,327 posts

bgunny • 23 December 2019 at 12:59 PM

@galaxyleopard
I have most everything ready now. I just think it's be best to wait until after Christmas to make the roleplay. People are busy being on vacation and spending time with family right now.

Did you remember yet? The appearance is on your form if you need a reminder. I'll be honest, I've forgotten plenty of times as well. πŸ˜‹ 😊

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 23 December 2019 at 1:00 PM

@bgunny
I keep forgetting trying to draw a picture! And yeah okay i agree after Christmas is best!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 23 December 2019 at 1:03 PM

@galaxyleopard
Oh, you're trying to draw a picture of Luna?

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 23 December 2019 at 1:05 PM

@bgunny
Yes............ Trying.........

1,327 posts

bgunny • 23 December 2019 at 1:08 PM

@galaxyleopard
Cool! If you end up doing it, I'd love to see her drawing.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 24 December 2019 at 6:13 AM

@bgunny
Whelp, I tried.......
https://postimg.cc/XpmrcJBn

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 24 December 2019 at 6:15 AM

@galaxyleopard Can I give some criticism? Not as someone who has good art skills, but as someone who likes looking at art.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 24 December 2019 at 6:17 AM

@asrieldreemurr
I’m so bad at art! XD

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 24 December 2019 at 6:19 AM

@galaxyleopard I know, me too. I mainly copy drawings: https://imgur.com/a/9CXMN8K

See my 'talent'!

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 24 December 2019 at 6:20 AM

@asrieldreemurr
I mean, its better than mine!

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 24 December 2019 at 6:21 AM

@galaxyleopard Don't worry, human figures are hard to draw