Creature Suggestion: ~The Magatami ~

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Deleted • 2 January 2020 at 4:41 PM

This one is a bit different from the usual ones, and I'm not really sure what category this one would be put into. :x The creature looks menacing, looks ready to fight and all, but in all honesty is a protective sweetheart.

"Short" summary/Information this is based off of using the Wikipedia of the Japanese Wolf and Magatama:
The Japanese wolf is an extinct subspecies of the gray wolf that was once endemic to the islands of the Japanese archipelago. It is also known as the Honshū wolf." [/i] Ono Ranzan described the ōkami as an edible, but rapacious, greyish-brown animal with a long, ash-colored, white-tipped tail with webbed toes and triangular eyes that would occasionally threaten people if rabid or hungry. Getting into the Magatama, they are curved, comma-shaped beads. The beads, also described as "jewels", were made of primitive stone and earthen materials in the early period. Magatama originally served as decorative jewelry, but by the end of the Kofun period functioned as ceremonial and religious objects.

I took some of this information and completley turned the personality of the Japanese Wolf into a tame concept creature of Ark.

Creature Image: https://sta.sh/08gx3kasn0f

Egg Description of the Magatami:

The egg itself radiates an odd, but overall pleasant energy. The reflective tooth on the egg is glossy as if it were polished, and adorned with 2 obsidian jewels to cleanse and protect the egg from evil spirits. The Kunai strapped to it's bindings seems a bit over-the-top, but is absolutely necessary for hatching during Magatamian Ceremonies.

Creature Description of The Magatami:

This creature is completely made from the earth itself, soil and all. It is completely blind, and bounded with blessed purple silks and curled ribbons it was wrapped in, to show emotional wealth and royalty within a clan. With the help of a blessed Magatama, a carved claw or tooth passed down by an ancestor of the Magatamians, the creature has been given life, to use it's fangs and blessed weapons given to fight for those who need it most. The creature spreads love, peace, fortune, protection, and an everlasting loyalty any owner would be proud of.

Feral Magatami hold a ceremony for the next generation to carry on their legacy by blessing more Magatama. This is a present from their elders, which represents not only their life, but their "roots" as well. It's another reminder in a way to never forget where you came from.

An owner of a Magatami must respect the creature's heritage. If the creature is dedicated to their owner, so must their owner be dedicated to their creature. They must have their Matagami attend the annual ceremony of the clan from whence their eggs arrived, as well as have their Kunai blessed by the eldest Magatamian. Their Kunai must be properly blessed by the oldest member in the clan, for they hold the most knowledge passed down from their ancestors. If a blessing is performed and done quite poorly from anyone or any creature other than the elder, it draws evil spirits in to drain the life and power of all of the Magatamians who stand in their way of making a "dark future".

I know it's a lot of text, but I put a lot of time and effort into the concept of the creature overall. 😊 And I'm sure there's plenty of flaws, but I'm still proud of what I've created, and I hope you all like what I have here as well. ^^

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 2 January 2020 at 4:47 PM

@achimenes

This is absolutely great! I love the concept and the story behind it. The design of the wolf is well done, and the description is very well written. If I was being honest, this is giving me some Ninja and Naruto vibes. This should be made into a creature!

Deleted • 2 January 2020 at 4:54 PM

@wolfspike23

Thank you so much! 😸 ❤️

That sounds awesome, hadn't thought of that! ouo Epic Shinobi Wolf! ~

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 January 2020 at 5:01 PM

@achimenes it looks noice!

Deleted • 2 January 2020 at 5:06 PM

@stevepat2002

Thank ya, dude! ~ It is my last suggestion out of all the others from 2019 I made over that year! I'm super proud of this one, it took the longest to make ;w;

Suggestions created in 2020 are going to be all collabs! ~ ^w^ (This one still technically created in 2019 uwu)

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 2 January 2020 at 5:08 PM

@achimenes that's nice 😱

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 January 2020 at 5:19 PM

@achimenes

OMG YES, I love the design!

Female
69 posts

shelbert67 • 8 January 2020 at 4:35 PM

love this! the colors are appealing and the egg design is awesome!

Deleted • 9 January 2020 at 8:10 PM

@skymoare @shelbert67

Thank you both so much! 😸 ❤️