Cove Size Expansions

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you think that cove expansion pricing should be changed?

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 22 January 2020 at 3:20 PM

Hello!

I don't know how large everyones coves are, but here I am almost at 800 creatues, and I have to pay 100,000 EC for every empansion. I'm feelin' like the current way that these expansions work is just not going to be reasonable for much longer. I'm just trying to keep up with one of every creature, and it's hurtin my EC wallet lol.

Maybe we could add a price cap? Or maybe just not increase prices as quickly. Even just cutting the increase down to 100 EC would help loads.

Here is a link to a google sheet where you can kinda look through some numbers with different changes made in comparison to the current pricing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8pchBwdmVlhFNzU6yew3pk-BpdukUWZQh-teCmdnK8/edit?usp=sharing

Personally, I think a price cap would be the best choice, because this will also future proof the cove size increases for when there are even more and more creatures in years to come, but any kind of change would be so helpful.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 23 January 2020 at 3:43 PM

Heh, yeah I'm on board x'D

It hurts very much to expand on all my accounts. Though as I've become more inactive I've realized I don't need as many as I do and am trying to trade stuff away and such so I don't have to expand as much

534 posts

crowvict • 23 January 2020 at 7:56 PM

@lbowe_elbow

I love the idea of a price cap! It definitely gets expensive after a while. Especially if you are also expanding on side accounts as well ;;

Another thing I think we really need is the ability to buy multiple expansion slots at once. Between all my accounts I've bought around 500+ expansions and buying them one by one is an insane pain.
Honestly I likely would not mind the price if I did not have to do this one by one.

And the ability to choose to buy cove slots with CC would be amazing. But I'm not sure how many would agree with that though...

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 24 January 2020 at 9:55 AM

@prairie @immortalraven
Thank you so much for your input.

@crowvict
I agree that I wish there was a much easier way to buy multiples. There is also a like timer that doesn't allow you to buy slots too quickly. I'm sure it's because they don't want you to be able to click it a few times and get it at that inital price, but the page loads and I can click the button before that timer runs out and that also makes it annoying. I feel like I have to press the button 20 times just to get 10 expansions.

Deleted • 11 March 2020 at 8:18 AM

@lbowe_elbow

ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴏғ sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ! ɪ ʜᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇs ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴏ ғᴜʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs (ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ's ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴜsᴇʀs' ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ), ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴡɪᴛʜ @rainstorm, ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs. ᴄᴏʟʟᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴀsᴍᴀ ɪs ғᴜɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏᴀʀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ 1000+ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ, sᴘᴇɴᴛ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ 80ᴍɪʟ ᴇᴄs ғᴏʀ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴀɴᴅ... ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴀsɪɴɢʟʏ ᴅɪғғɪᴄᴜʟᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴇxᴘᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ. ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜʏ ᴀ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴠᴇ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ ʜᴀs ᴛᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴀsɪɴɢ ɪᴛs ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ - ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴜʏɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, sᴏ ᴡʜʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜɢᴇ ɪɴғʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ? ;ᴡ;

ʜᴏᴘᴇ @Ian ᴡɪʟʟ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏᴘɪᴄ ᴀɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ! ᴍᴀɴʏ sɪᴛᴇs (ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀs, ғᴏʀ ᴇxᴀᴍᴘʟᴇ) ʜᴀᴠᴇ sᴏ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴜsᴇʀs ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴ ᴜɴʟɪᴍɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴍᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛᴇᴅ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ "ᴄᴏᴠᴇ" ...ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇ!

ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ᴏғ ᴇɢɢᴄᴀᴠᴇ, ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ᴜsᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴇᴇ...

"Nᴇᴡ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ.
Mᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ 650 sᴘᴇᴄɪᴇs!
Iɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇʟʏ ᴇxᴘᴀɴᴅᴀʙʟᴇ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛs."

...ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ sᴏ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ᴏʀ ᴇᴀsʏ, sᴏ ɪᴛ sᴇᴇᴍs. ᴄ':