Mysterious Asteroid

in Help & Questions

49 posts

ryu28000 • 26 January 2020 at 9:42 AM

1) Has anyone ever actually gotten anything from there?
2) How rare is it to obtain anything and is it even worth it?
3) ALSO..are there any prerequisites in order to get anything other than visiting?

I am asking because at one point I diligently visited for a couple of months and every time I was met with a lame excuse..egg explodes...windstorms...egg cracked...yeep attacks...Every. Single. Time.
It gets very tiresome.
(we really do need some new excuses for not getting eggs)

Thanks

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 26 January 2020 at 9:53 AM

@ryu28000
People have gotten things, but it’s very rare to get something, I know of few people who have, it’s just luck really, there’s no trick to it

49 posts

ryu28000 • 26 January 2020 at 10:29 AM

@galaxyleopard

I see...just hit-and-miss sorta thing.
Thanks.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 26 January 2020 at 10:32 AM

@ryu28000

Yep, I feel you. That yeep seems to have something against me.

I've never gotten anything from the Asteroid, but I know people who have. Like galaxyleopard said, it's just very rare and you have to get lucky.

To answer your is it worth it question... I'm not sure how worth it, it is, but visiting the Asteroid doesn't take very long. It takes a few seconds to click the button and get attacked. There are some high valued creatures you can get from it too (if that darn yeep will just leave you alone XD ).

Female
1,726 posts

minnie298a • 26 January 2020 at 11:57 AM

@ryu28000

I go pretty much every day, and have for at least a couple of years. Before that it was just when I remembered/could be bothered. Over the years I've found a few.

I know there was VCbkGvabbV the Pareteorsite, another Pareteorsite I sold, Jugzaxlepis the Tenalp, another Tenalp that was sold and Nyacosina the Nyacos. So that's at least 5 I've found since 2011 when I found VCb. I've also bought a couple of creature (cheaply in auctions) for the purpose of trading, so I'm not certain if there where others I found or not.

I did participate in the Asteroid plot thingy that I think was in 2016. It increases your chances of finding a creature. Barely. However, VCb and Jug where both found before that.

Personally, I find it worth it. It only takes a couple of seconds, and costs nothing but those seconds.

Female
1,888 posts

bubblez • 26 January 2020 at 12:27 PM

@ryu28000

Awhile back, I got two Tenalps and a Paret. I just came back in Novemember and I got a Doppelganger the other day. I visit everyday. I think it's worth it because you never know when you'll get lucky and it's free and takes no time.

Agender
136 posts

asbe • 27 January 2020 at 10:09 AM

I am here since 2016 and I didn't get anything from Asteroid. I think, it's broken, at least, for me. And it's not like I click on Asteroid once in a month. Mainly every single day, until I get frustrated and take a break for a certain period of time. What's interesting, by now I've got quite a bunch of critters from both Oasis and Thief Shop, and I don't even try that hard.

49 posts

ryu28000 • 27 January 2020 at 5:08 PM

Heh, I guess some people are just lucky. Oh well, guess I'll keep trying...