Elemental- Chapter one: Flames (always open)

in Roleplaying

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 March 2020 at 7:11 PM

Yoshi groaned in embarrassment, "Being locked in a house for 11 years. Yeah, it's sort of hard to figure out how they work. Especially since the uncle sent me to find the most ridiculous book ever," she grumbled sarcastically. "Bottom line, can you help me or not?" she asked.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 5 March 2020 at 7:56 PM

Her giggles started to fade "yeah, sure. Whats the book called?" She asked. "I can't garontee I'll find it, 'cause just loOK AT THIS PLACE!" she said as she gazed upon shelves upon shelves of literature

2,892 posts

skymoare • 5 March 2020 at 9:12 PM

Yoshi groaned, "sounds great. Not looking for anything in particular. My uncle wanted me to get a book about western dragons. Can you find that section?" she asked trying her best to communicate with the older girl.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 5 March 2020 at 11:57 PM

Stars-
I didn't really know how libraries worked either. I knew that they arranged the books in alphabetical order, but other then that, I had no idea. I listen closely to the two other girls, after all, I needed to know more about the library.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 6 March 2020 at 4:01 AM

Leopold

I sigh and said. "Remember, this is a library. Lower your voices down." I passed the girl the books she had asked and gave some books about dragons to the other girl (Yoshi), who had been my most recent customer.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 March 2020 at 4:57 AM

Stars-
Ah, the library worker! I need to ask him a few things. "Uh, excuse me?" I could always just erase myself from his memory after this. "Do you know where the educational children's books are?"

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 6 March 2020 at 9:47 AM

Leopold

I pointed out at the right side of the room and gasp. "Oh! I've got to go! I forgot to get something!"

I immediately rushed outside.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 6 March 2020 at 10:02 AM

Before Yoshi could thank the librarian, he rushed outside. Yoshi stood awkwardly. "So what do I do with them?" she asked confused. She was pretty sure she couldn't just walk out with them, but who knew.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 March 2020 at 5:28 PM

"Well, you read them." She answered. "But more accurately, you find the section they would most likely belong in, you take it out of the shelf, then you take it to the librarian to check it out."
"It wouldn't happen to be in the 'beyond alphabet', would it?" She asked with a slight hint of fear

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 March 2020 at 6:49 PM

Stars-
I stand there, unsure what to do. This wasn't the first time someone ignored me, but I'm pretty sure the other girls heard me talking. I turn to them. 'Beyond alphabet'?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 March 2020 at 6:58 PM

She turn to face the girl "The back room. There are so many books in this place. The thing is, is that the standard alphabet cant hold all of them, so some librarian before him decided to make something called the 'beyond alphabet'. Some say it streches for eternity, others say that there is a whole town in there from people who got lost looking for something." She said. "Believe me when i say, that if you're lucky, you'll see someone burst through that door, holding some books. Those people say they never thought they'd find the exit..."

"I've been in there only once, and from what I've seen, the letters strech to the fifth digit. Well, would it be in there?" She asked as she points to a musty door, covered in cobwebs. "I came prepared, just in case i couldnt find inspiration here."

2,892 posts

skymoare • 6 March 2020 at 7:12 PM

Yoshi groaned again. Why couldn't libraries be straight foreword like math? "This is beyond confusing, and what does checking it out supposed to mean?" she questioned

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 March 2020 at 7:17 PM

"Y'now, being able to take it home. I havent exactly asked why we have to, but i imagine it going a bit like a scenario where you're stealing." She shrugged.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 6 March 2020 at 7:47 PM

Irene opened the door to the library, looking around before walking over to the book return place and dropping her 2 books in. She overheard a conservation about... what checking out books mean? Laughing inwardly, she started looking for books in a few series’s? Serises? Series? That she was currently reading. From that same conversation she overheard, she heard something about a beyond alphabet... but there were 26 letters in the alphabet? Interesting.

Taking a mental note that she would probably forget anyway, she decided to go check out the books she has, picking up a manga book on the way.

(Is this a library with automatic checkout (like you scan the books yourselves) or does the librarian check the book out?)

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 March 2020 at 7:52 PM

(Lets just say both)

She heard the door open "hello person i cant see, was just telling these people about another section of the library!" She called out

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 March 2020 at 7:57 PM

Stars-
I turn to look at the other person. Huh. Perhaps I should ask her. "Excuse me?" I walk over to her.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 March 2020 at 8:22 PM

well, this would be a good time to ask questions she thought. She sometimes didnt know what qualified as a 'good time' on certain subjects. "Hey, have you heard about what happened outside? About the fire?" She asked, not really ro a spacific person

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 6 March 2020 at 8:25 PM

Stars-
I shouldn't have come today. There were too many questions.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 7 March 2020 at 2:14 AM

Leopold

I came back with a new set of books and headed towards the 'Beyond' section. 'It is not really infinite' I remember the old librarian said, 'It is just so big that others might consider it as infinite. It's just easy to navigate there if you remember every nook and crany there."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 7 March 2020 at 2:20 AM

Stars-
I hear the librarian come back with books. He makes a turn. I follow him. I was interested in the 'beyond alphabet' section and if he had new books, then that section would be the place to put them. It probably wasn't infinite, after all, there's new books coming out all the time, if the librarians can go in and out without getting lost, then there's obviously a way to memorize the pathways.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 7 March 2020 at 8:15 AM

"Hey, i said that some people consider it infinite, not all." She corrected him

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 7 March 2020 at 9:13 AM

@meisawesome

(the dialogue with ` ` these quotation marks are just conversations in his past. I accidentally typed " this at the end)