31 posts

ixalan • 3 April 2020 at 7:44 PM

Why can’t there be name redundancies?

Female
40 posts

enrollment • 3 April 2020 at 9:49 PM

@ixalan what do you mean?

Deleted • 3 April 2020 at 10:30 PM

@ixalan Do you mean the 13 words limit or the restriction on names that have used or the one with odd symbols/letters?

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 3 April 2020 at 10:33 PM

@ixalan
I'm not exactly sure what you mean but no two pets can have the same identical name and names must all be within 3-14 characters (no symbols like hearts and stuff). I think the name restrictions in terms of that is so that pets have more individuality/uniqueness in their names, but also to make it more realistic because in the real world you can't have symbols in your name... 😋

31 posts

ixalan • 3 April 2020 at 10:40 PM

Sorry, why can’t names be redundant.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 3 April 2020 at 10:42 PM

@ixalan
Are you asking why a pet can't be nameless? 😱 I'm a still a bit confused lol but yes all pets have to have a name.

31 posts

ixalan • 3 April 2020 at 10:58 PM

@wild_wonders

Why can’t names be repeated

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 3 April 2020 at 10:59 PM

I mean you can name them things like riebrjh

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 3 April 2020 at 11:07 PM

@ixalan
I think it's just so that each pet has its own uniqueness.. Cos since the art of the pet cannot be changed there's already repeated pets everywhere in the game, like it would be weird if there were a bunch of baby lyralopexes, for example, with the same name. They'd just look like clones. So I think forcing people to have different names is kinda a good thing

31 posts

ixalan • 3 April 2020 at 11:10 PM

@wild_wonders

Eh. Fair, but also sorta sad. I thought it had to do with coding, though who knows. I’m hoping they change it in the future,m. Highly unlikely

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 4 April 2020 at 12:54 AM

I kind of like it, myself. I’ll toss something temporary on a pet when I first get it, then think about it to give them a name I really like. 😊 I think it gives each pet a uniqueness.

There are ways around it to an extent though. You can use hyphens or underscores. Like: -Derek- or _Derek_ ..... something like that if you really want a name already in use. 😸

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 4 April 2020 at 8:28 AM

Topic moved from General to Site Feedback and Suggestions.

This is also a suggestion that appears often so for that reason this thread is now LOCKED.