Anime/Superhero Club!

in Chit-Chat

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 1 July 2020 at 12:11 AM

New updateeee
This will now become an Anime/Superhero club! Idea credits to @/Jirachiwishmaker

Rules!
.No bullying, pls be nice
.Follow EC rules
.Do not talk about inappropriate anime/superhero stuff here (basically follow EC rules)
.Try not to talk about things outside of anime/superheroes, unless you have a little note at the end of your posts
.PM if you want to be mod or co-owner
.Have fun!

Staff:
.Wolfspike23 - Owner

Members:
.Wolfspike23 - Tsukki (Fries)
.Mastergemma - Mastergemma
.Totallynotjoey - Joey/Joanna
.Jirachiwishmaker
.Laylaymocha
.Lokisonoflaufey - Loki

Join Template
Username:
Total animes watched:
Least favourite and favourite anime:
Superheroes?: (yes or no)
If so, favourite and least favourite heroes:
Nickname:
Pings:

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 1 July 2020 at 12:37 AM

@wolfspike23
YES YES YES

Join Template
Username: mastergemma
Total Animes Watched: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/geepera
Favourite Anime:
Least Favourite Anime: Kaiba
Nickname: mastergemma
Other:

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 1 July 2020 at 12:48 AM

@mastergemma haha thats a lot of anime! added!

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 1 July 2020 at 2:50 AM

@wolfspike23
I WANT IN!!

Username: totallynotjoey
Total Animes Watched: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jojoanna
Favourite Anime: Haikyuu
Least Favourite Anime: None that I can think of
Nickname: Joey/Joanna
Other:

Deleted • 1 July 2020 at 4:45 AM

@wolfspike23
Me me. #I❤️anime

Username: laylamocha (previously playermocha345)
Total Animes Watched: Less than 20. I think?
Favourite Animes: Log Horizon, OHSHC, The Ones Within, BHNA, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Free!
Least Favourite Anime: Danganropa (I'm sorry, I gave up watching episode 3..)
Nickname: mocha
Other:
 I'm going to watch Violet Evergarden soon, and a few more that I can't remember, an Adventures of Jeweler Richard..

Anime.. does A Whisker Away count? It doessss, right?

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 1 July 2020 at 6:05 AM

@wolfspike23

I'm perfectly happy that you've made this topic and club as there's been so many other anime topics that have just died off and hopefully this one doesn't. There's way too many animes that I've seen for over 20 plus years now LOL I guess you could say I'm a dedicated fan as I've never lost touch in finding animes to watch there are way too many out there that I've probably not even seen yet.
Favorites Ranma 1/2 One Punch, xxxHolic, Angelic Layer, Boku no hero Academia, and Hunter x Hunter
Least favorite I can't think of any titles, but if it's too serious then it's not so fun to watch since I do prefer that the anime has jokes and a great sense of humor.
Anime List I've seen
Afro Samurai, Akira, Aikatsu friends, Alice and Zoroku, Angelic Layer, Bamboo Blade, Black Butler, Bleach, Black Clover, Boku no hero Academia, Bubblegum Crash, Bubblegum Crisis, Bungou Stray Dogs, Cardcaptor Sakura, Clannad, Claymore, CodeBreaker, Code Geass, Corpse Princess, Cowboy Bebop, Dagashi Kashi, Deathnote, Devil May Cry, Dragonball Z, Ergo Proxy, Eureka Seven, Fairy Tail, Frankenstein Family, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama, Haikyuu, Hajime No Ippo, Hell Girl, Hellsing, Highschool of the Dead, Hunter x Hunter, Inuyasha, Kingdom, Magi, Majutsushi Orphen, Naruto, Neko On Ongaeshi, One Piece, One Punch Man, Ouran Koukou Host Club, Pokemon, Ranma 1/2, Rurouni Kenshin, Sailormoon, School Rumble, Shaman King, Tokyo Ghoul, xxxHolic
Nickname : Jirachi

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 10 July 2020 at 2:31 PM

Ooop, this topic might die lol

anyways i finished given in six hours, starting 6am today ending at 12pm,, and it was pretty good! It was short and im sad i finished it lol

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 18 July 2020 at 1:43 AM

@wolfspike23

Well, I hope this revives everything for you, good luck!

@corvus
@totallynotjoey
@lokisonoflaufey
@valorie100
@distorted

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 18 July 2020 at 2:14 AM

@jirachiwishmaker I'm actually watching the Hunter x Hunter right now! Multitasking with watching and working- it's working to some degree LOL. Anyways, I've actually read past the Chimera Ant arc in the manga but on a whim started watching the anime too. I heard that the manga is ongoing just on some indefinite hiatus or something whilst the anime has actually finished. My friend recommended that I watch the anime and finish that before finishing the manga and I agreed cause I want to be able to experience the ended fully, but like, in a finalised way. I mean, wouldn't the manga like continue past where the anime ends? And I highly doubt it give me that final kinda feel that I want. I'm still gonna continue the manga once I'm done with the anime though 😊

I'm actually reading the MHA manga as well. I've kind of put it on pause though since I've got a lot of school work to deal with. What's funny is that the exact chapter I stopped myself on perfectly matched with s4 of the anime's ending- out of pure coincidence too! I told my friend (who had watched it) that the nomus had appeared again and she was like whaaat no way that's how s4 ends! It's kinda crazy and I'm not sure if I should watch the anime and then continue the manga or keep reading the manga and then watch the anime. I had actually started watching the anime before I started the manga, I stopped mid s2 for some reason though. I think it was because I had powered through the first season aND started the second in a day- I think my brain got fried lmao. Afterwards I guess I just never got back to watching it? And guess what, after pausing the manga, I went and started rewatching the anime from the beginning. I've only just realised but my habits with anime and manga are so out of wack lmao

I LOVE ONE PUNCH- SAITAMA IS BEST! I immensely enjoyed watching the anime- so freaking good. I still laugh at the last chunk of the opening where he's looking all hero-y with a shopping bag, god everything about one punch man is absolute gold. I watched it long before my manga phase, and after revisiting one punch not too long ago, I decided that I really wanted to read the manga. And bOY was it good. My favourite character will forever be saitama but garou..!! Garou is sUCH a good character- he doesn't get too much in the anime but in the manga he's like, WAY more heroic than the heroes, it's crazy and I love him a lot. Though the story is going in a way where I don't think he's gonna be so heroic anymore and that makes me sad ☹️ Oh well, I know I'll enjoy it regardless haha!

My all time favourite anime is actually haikyuu, sO good- everything, like there's not a single character that you can dislike, well, for me anyways. But the plot, the character designs, the interactions, EVERYTHING. I had actually started playing volleyball irl maybe a month before I started haikyuu, but watching it made me so much more into it than I ever thought I would get. To this day I still play volley, not well to be fair, but I would say I play it quite a bit. Anyways, after s3 (which was the most recent season at the time) I went and sped through the manga. I've since reread and rewatch haikyuu so many times it's unhealthy. Just everythign sucks you in and I'm so emotionally attached to it- I don't think I'll ever be prepared for it to end. BUT IT IS- TOMORROW TOO. The last chapter is coming out tmr and I'm- I just- idk I can't. I'm not prepared for this. I'll never be prepared for this. I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do once it ends- at least I'll be able to see all my nationals babies be animated :')

This is getting really long but lemme just slip in a really good anime- Sinbad no Bouken. I love it a lot plus, the MC's hot LOL. Anyways, it's actually part of the Magi series, a prequel I think. I haven't watched any of the other animes in this series cause I accidently came across some spoilers and I'm not prepared to watch it actually happen haha- but watch magi, I heard it's REALLY good 😊

Hopefully this can spark some convos and bring this back to life 😊

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 18 July 2020 at 2:11 PM

Username: lokisonoflaufey

Total animes watched: Defo more than 50. I've been watching anime on and off since I was really young. Currently my friend likes to recommend me anime she's seen and thinks I'll like. I used to read every manga available at my two libraries, so much so that I can't recall the titles of everything I've consumed.

Least favourite and favourite anime: Ionno. There're a ton I like. I'm a huge fan of xXxHolic, Ouran Host, Trigun, FMA, the original Yu-Gi-Oh!, Free!, Shaman King, Pokemon... I have a love/hate relationship with the two Black Butler series. I liked the characters, but god, it was so sad and dark that it put me in a funk afterwards. AoT had a promising start, but it became so frustrating and disappointing that I stopped following. I wanted to like Bleach, but that was another one that became disappointing, especially in the representation of their female characters. There's a lot in between that I have fond memories of, however.

Superheroes?: (yes or no) Like Marvel and DC type heroes? Or anime heroes? I've been a superhero fan since I was a cognitive toddler, lol! I can talk your ear off about superheroes! I have quite a few creatures here named after a few of my fav characters.

If so, favourite and least favourite heroes: I think the very first hero that resonated with me was Spider-Man. I could totally relate to him: poor, bullied, nerdy, and just trying to be the best person I can be in a cruddy world. I've loved Peter Parker since I was tiny. He's my bro. I also love the Robins from Batman, Tim Drake being the one I grew up knowing and loving. I'm a big X-Men fan as well. I don't really have a least fav, but I guess I'm not a big fan of Mr Fantastic. He's kind of a turd of a character.

Nickname: Loki works.

Pings: I don't know who else might like these two things, but I'll put some feelers out...
@lexicon
@pegasasu

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 18 July 2020 at 3:22 PM

@wolfspike23

Looks like we got a few more members, what activties are you planning for the club, any contests, or raffles of some sort?

@totallynotjoey
@lokisonoflaufey

I wish my library had carried more manga, but at the time they just didn't carry mangas as much I'm guessing that kids, or teens didn't have too much of interest in it back then. And even in the bookstores didn't carry manga either, or it's just the sign of the times we're in. Now, there's not only anime, but lots of comics with superhero movies out there, and it's hard to keep track of them all.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 18 July 2020 at 3:34 PM

@jirachiwishmaker

I miss having a Borders bookstore because they had a huge and diverse collection of manga to choose from. Barnes and Noble just doesn't cut it.

Growing up I didn't have too many people to talk to about my superhero interests because it was seen as a boy subject, and I was a girl/ girl presenting. Girls wanted to talk hair and jewelry and Disney princesses and though I tried, nothing hit as good as coming books and hero cartoons, lol. I'll never not be excited every time a hero film comes out, even as an adult. It was a long time coming c:

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 18 July 2020 at 4:53 PM

@lokisonoflaufey

I've been really into Harley Quinn's character as I see her as such a cool chick, saw the birds of prey movie and was amazed at how her story played out. And who says that as a girl you can't watch, or like comics, or comic book characters, to me that's just nonsense, there are lots of cool characters to like and they're also gonna be female too, the wonder woman movie oh my gosh, I saw the preview and I was like I need to see that movie, seriously. Who's your favorite superheros?

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 18 July 2020 at 5:22 PM

@jirachiwishmaker

That's such a hard question to answer, lol. Like I said, I'm really partial to Spider-Man and all the Robins. I've always liked Gambit, Storm, and Nightcrawler from X-Men. As an outlier, I like Superboy too. I'm fond of several villains as well, like my namesake Loki, and Scarecrow, Bane, and Catwoman from Batman.

I think Joker's a jerk, and other non-family-friendly words. Prolly one of my least fav villains. His character's gone off the rails and he's terribly unlikable anymore.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 19 July 2020 at 5:09 PM

@lokisonoflaufey

They had that movie about joker's life and even tho you might've hated his character he had a really messed up life that's the reason why he is the way he is. And watching that movie made me feel sorry for his life, but since he struggled so much that's also what made him an evil person in the end. I like Storm and Wolverine, and I also loved that Catwoman movie which was fun to watch and also very cute.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 19 July 2020 at 5:20 PM

@jirachiwishmaker

That movie is just the newest iteration of his character, none of which is truly canon. I did watch it. It was unsettling. His character started to go downhill in the comics years ago though, so I have a really hard time feeling bad for him.

The Halle Berry Catwoman movie? Not bad. I stan Michelle Pfeiffer's version so dang much. I have a crush on her, lol!

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 20 July 2020 at 2:46 AM

@lokisonoflaufey

It just made me understand why he acts the way he does and so forth, cause in the end he still ended up being his nasty self, yet some people think of him as a hero, say what? Well, meaning all those crazy people who thought the joker is so cool and stuff while starting a riot out there. Yeah I loved the catwoman movie because I just thought the scene where the cat revives her from dying was just so cool. And then she started acting all cat like after that, but I guess that's what made it so funny.

@ravensong
@corvus

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 25 July 2020 at 8:42 PM

e hello I've been on a scattered hiatus,, i added everyone who joined when i was kinda gone lol. If i missed ya, just ping me or post on my wall or pm me idk, i hope everyone's enjoying the past few months.

Im currently scrolling through netflix trying to add as much animes i find interesting onto my list. I havent been caught up with much things, but I'm starting 'The Devil's a Part-Timer' soon. I still am rewatching haikyuu in its entirety, and some of my favourite episodes from many different shows, so actually getting to episode 2 of hataraku maou-sama may be a challenge

Havent watched any superhero series or movies lately,, but the last one i watched was The Flash. I watched most of it with my mom, mostly at 2 am. I dropped it after season 5, and idk if im gonna pick it back up. I'm more of a DC person than a Marvel fan, but I did enjoy Endgame and Infinity War. I dont remember much of the other superhero stuff i watched in the past, but watching it is pretty satisfying.

ack my head hurts imma go take a nap

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 25 July 2020 at 9:58 PM

@wolfspike23
@lokisonoflaufey

I used to watch the Flash series, but it was so long ago, I don't even know if I had seen it all myself same with the Green Arrow series, don't think I've seen them all either. Then they came up with Black Lightning and I love that series. I just love how his daughters are also as strong and talented like their father.