Trying to find a D&D group

in Chit-Chat

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 1 August 2020 at 3:30 PM

I CAN'T FIND ONE AND IT'S EATING ME UP FROM THE INSIDE

I want to play DnD, but heres the thing; i can't find one. Sure, roll20 and D&D beyond helps a little, but finding one that works for me is impossible. On roll20, even if you find one, you have to submit an application, and hope that they look past the other 70 people who applied, read yours, and decide that you're good enough. Oh, and don't get me started about even finding one for a platform you can actually use!

So in short: i need help. A lot of it. Aditional information can be given if asked, but until then, I'm just going to sit in the corner, raidiating with anger

7 posts

etunos • 1 August 2020 at 8:19 PM

I understand how you feel. I have not played DnD for quite a while just because its hard to find a group. Do you play 5e?

Female
99 posts

justagiannamoment • 25 August 2020 at 5:49 PM

@meisawesome

You should try to get a group of friends together to play together on Roll20 instead of trying to get into a random group, or maybe find a local hobby shop that hosts D&D events. There was one near my college that had magic the gathering tournaments and weekly D&D sessions at night

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 March 2021 at 3:01 AM

@meisawesome not sure if you ever found a group, but a lot of friends of mine love playing on rpoll. It can be filtered by age group/maturity rating. I never cared for the site (felt too... stiff, congested?) but it does have a lot of features like filtering by rolling system, etc. And I remember running across quite a few D&D games last time I looked.

Female
5,406 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 March 2021 at 3:26 AM

@snowywinter
Please do not bump older, inactive topics. Try to check the date of the last couple posts to ensure that you are not bumping a dead topic. This topic has been dead for nearly 7 months.

Due to the reason above this topic is now closed.