Vampig - Creature Suggestion.

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 13 October 2020 at 9:31 PM

I originally posted this on Lake Valor.
https://lakevalor.net/threads/creat%C3%A9mon-challenge-oktoberfest-edition.25879/

Release time: Monthly or October/November.
Egg stage: 25 views
Young stage: 100 feeds
Adult stage: 200 feeds

Egg Description:
-While most eggs are fed by the villagers of Ark City, these eggs can mostly be ignored. The eggs feed off of the love and adoration of simple glances, a wink, or just grazing their hands along the bristled spine of the egg. The design on the egg almost seems as if bits of the leathery skin is pushing through, trying to out-shine the other eggs in the caves of moss. The design on the eggs change based on gender.-

Piggrunts:
-The females are born more aggressive than the males, but both genders have small spikes that protrude from their back. These piglets are let loose into fields with sheep, where they first slip their tiny fangs into the ankles of the sleepy Coaraches. The more docile sheep are sheared of small clumps of wool, which the piggrunts hoard until they have enough to make clothing.-

The second stage Vampigs:
-Once Piggrunts reach their fourth year, their body bursts in one painful, but short growth-spurt in the form of wings. With the ability to fly, the males often use Coarach as protection from their female counterpart's challenge battles. To remain flying, the vampigs must keep drinking blood to maintain their energy. Once in the air, the Fangsage drops the dead creature onto the head of their chosen female. The female vampig either feasts on the offered meat, or buries their snouts in the dirt to ignore the offerings. -

The final stage is Lord/Dame Sawsage.
-If the male or female reaches the age of ten, the Vampigs lose all of their vampiric body parts in a painless decay of shed tusks, fangs, and wings. After living most of their lives as carnivores, most Sawsages will grow into creatures who need only vegetables and grains to live on. If their blood-lust is too strong, the Vampig does not live past the age of twelve.
Older and wiser, they use saws, grindstones, and scythes to create the vegan dishes they now enjoy. While these Sawsages may look more dangerous with their tools, they are actually more at peace with themselves and others. Unless of course, a Teckarck or Pumkit happens to live nearby. For even creature that resemble vegetables, are not safe from being food for the Sawsages. -

Picture of each stage with male and female versions.
https://twitter.com/PoserPandaTwit/status/1501661247674138627?s=20&t=WSQMC-V-VAV70vbDmzv2jQ

Here are the other ways the creature could grow up. Each stage after the egg-shaped-form, will look different based on its gender.

Egg form - Piggrunt - Vampig [3 stage creature with no Sawsage stage]
Egg form - Piggrunt - Sawsage [3 stage creature with no Vampig stage]
Egg form - Piggrunt - Vampig - Sawsage [4 stage creature]

#CreatureSuggestion

Deleted • 21 October 2020 at 1:54 AM

@poserpanda cute but if you want to update it so people can see it better other than twitter I don't have that.

www.lunapic.com and upload it that way

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 22 October 2020 at 4:34 PM

@poserpanda

I do hope that this gets made, we don't have much pig creatures on here, I think just 2 that I know of. But it's got a great description and it would do for any season, good luck!!!

Some pings

@distorted
@lokisonoflaufey
@laylamocha
@lunacharm1037
@kelpie

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 22 October 2020 at 4:46 PM

@poserpanda

Wow, I really love it ❤️ I hope it gets made 😃

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 22 October 2020 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for the support!

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 22 October 2020 at 5:32 PM

@poserpanda

I love boars/pigs, I'd like to see more. Especially spooky pigs c:

Deleted • 23 October 2020 at 3:33 AM

@poserpanda I prefer.. the half-clothed imp which evolves to become a winged pig. 😊

@jirachiwishmaker Thank you for the ping, dear!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 23 October 2020 at 7:03 AM

@laylamocha
Well, there doesn't have to be a third aged sage. I guess it depends on what is chosen.

Deleted • 23 October 2020 at 7:48 PM

@poserpanda Yup, you're right! But it looks really great. I enjoy the concept.

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 5 February 2021 at 8:30 PM

Thank you for saying so!

---

Edited the description for my creature, and made it fit the Ark world. I will be updating the drawings as well, for the Vampigs and Piggrunts don't look very interesting.

Here are the other ways the creature could grow up. Each stage after the egg-shaped-form, will look different based on its gender. Technically this does mean that the creature itself has several different outcomes. If that's too much, then perhaps each form is a new adopt.

Egg form - Piggrunt - Vampig [3 stage creature with no Sawsage stage]
Egg form - Piggrunt - Sawsage [3 stage creature with no Vampig stage]
Egg form - Piggrunt - Vampig - Sawsage [4 stage creature]

Final update to their drawings.
https://twitter.com/PoserPandaTwit/status/1501661247674138627?s=20&t=WSQMC-V-VAV70vbDmzv2jQ

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 19 August 2022 at 2:37 PM

Nice!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 20 August 2022 at 11:50 PM

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback.

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 15 September 2022 at 3:22 PM

@poserpanda chosen for October 2022!

Demifluid
1,459 posts

wonder404exe • 15 September 2022 at 8:27 PM

The idea is so nice 😃 Congrates for being chosen!!!!!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 15 September 2022 at 9:40 PM

GAAAAASSSSPPPP!!!!

CHOSEN?!

SCREEEEEE!!!
THANK YOU!!

Just hit a slow moment at work, so I decided to check what was going on.

Thank you everyone!!!

I was wondering why the Vampig is not vegan in the last stage, which would follow the description I wrote for it; and more gargoyle. It certainly meshes very well with Halloween, and the consistent design makes it less chaotic than my original idea. But maybe the description could be updated to better fit its new design? I think it looks amazing, I just think the description could use a little tweaking. I wouldn't mind if someone else wrote for it, via a contest. Or if you guys want to, that works as well!

Once again, thanks for picking my creature and thank you for making it look so amazing!