Chiropyra (YET ANOTHER creature suggestion-)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 February 2021 at 9:26 PM

[NOTE TO THE EC ARTISTS: Feel free to simplify the design but please do not get rid of the split tail and the spikes/flintstones on it thank you very much 😁 (Also, feel free to make this creature look more bat-like too! ^^)]

Hi guys so my creative juices overflowed and leaked out again,and so i got yet another idea for a creature. Its called the Chiropyra (chiroptera (genus of bats)+pyra (from pyro,it means fire) Its a fire bat with some dragon-like features ouo I'll make a pic of it later ^^

Ok so heres a pic of Chiropyra •u•
https://ibb.co/CHNY4jX

About Chropyra Eggs
The fluff around this egg feels so warm. Sometimes the horns glows in a vermillion color.

About the Chiropyra Creature
Despite these distant relatives of the Clast's ferocious appearance, Chiropyras are actually herbivores. They always roast nuts, most fruits, and hard berries before eating them. However, because of their huge size, they often accidentally burn trees and bushes with their food as well, so if you see charred plants with bite marks on where fruits, berries, or nuts should grow from, then it's most likely that a hungry Chropyra was there a while ago.
Their body fluff makes them able to resist extreme heat and absorb it for many purposes such as attacking, which makes them able to live near the top of volcanoes. A baby Chiropyra is already has its own heat-resistant fluff, but it is unable to use the stored heat yet, so it develops flintstones on its split tail which it flicks to generate fire. As a Chiropyra matures and it has developed its own fire abilities, the flintstones slowly turn into hard, sharp spikes that can glow in the dark.
Whenever a Chiropyra feels angry or about to attack with its fire powers that come from the stored heat, its horns glow in a vermillion color to warn others not to mess with it. A completely angry Chiropyra can burst in flames, making them feared by attacking predators.
These creatures are usually seen flying around in a circle around a calm volcano guarding their territory and offspring, but if you see many Chiropyras flying out of their territory, that is most likely be a sign of the volcano about to erupt. This behavior is also present in Chiropyras owned as pets, with them having the urge to fly out of their owner's house whenever they sense that a volcano near them is about to erupt. This in turn makes many Arkians trust their Chiropyras as predictors of when will a volcano near their area erupt so that they can prepare for when the time comes.

#creaturesuggestion
#shiroscreatures
#floofehflamebatUvU

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 8 February 2021 at 9:54 AM

Did you end up drawing your Chiropyra? I love all bats, and having an available bat to "steal" would be most excellent! Also, what is the fluff to scales ratio? Is it a fruit-bat-dragon? Or does it eat meat? Or clouds? Is it small like a bat, medium sized as a large bat? Or huge like a dragon? Are they benevolent or chaotic?

Female
18 posts

nykoang • 8 February 2021 at 2:10 PM

Hey @shirothekittehlover I think that's a great idea! Please ping me when you have art done!

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 February 2021 at 11:31 PM

@poserpanda Well,it is based on a golden-crested flying fox,so that means it is a herbivore and it has a warm,fluffy mane uwu also the adults size are in between a large bat and a dragon. And theyre neutral creatures (neither good nor bad)

Female
18 posts

nykoang • 10 February 2021 at 1:54 PM

I really like the picture @shirothekittehlover!!

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 10 February 2021 at 1:56 PM

@nykoang Thx! ^^ What do you think is the best part of it?

Female
18 posts

nykoang • 10 February 2021 at 2:00 PM

Hmmmmm... (Thinks intensely) I like The coloring and wings the best, it makes it look majestic. (I also like how the egg looks)

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 10 February 2021 at 4:24 PM

@shirothekittehlover i love this!!! 😃 i literally want all of your suggestions omggg ❤️

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 February 2021 at 10:12 AM

@poserpanda @nykoang @izziebee1017 Thx guys ur so kind QwQ should it be cave monthly or csp?

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 14 February 2021 at 10:38 AM

I'd say CSP, if I knew what that was.

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 February 2021 at 10:48 AM

@poserpanda CSP means Cash Shop Park aka the place where you buy creatures with CCs

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 14 February 2021 at 10:49 AM

Ah, thank you. Well, there then.

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 14 February 2021 at 11:17 AM

Cave monthly 😊

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 17 February 2021 at 2:49 PM

@shirothekittehlover good idea!

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 27 February 2021 at 2:03 PM

@poserpanda @izziebee1017 @powgal15 What aspects from this fire bat critter you guys absolutely like?

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 28 February 2021 at 11:15 AM

I like the fact that it has fruit-bat qualities. The idea of a dragon mix that roasts fruit is interesting to think about.

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 18 June 2021 at 7:33 PM

What should this creature's avaibility be?
@lilacfox
@moonlight24

Deleted • 18 June 2021 at 8:45 PM

@shirothekittehlover I was thinking October due to its spooky appearance!

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 19 June 2021 at 1:50 AM

@lilacfox To me it looked more like a monthly creature (^O×O^)

Deleted • 19 June 2021 at 9:25 PM

@shirothekittehlover If it's a monthly, then unless it's a quest creature, people won't be able to enjoy hoarding it year after year! Hence my suggestion of it being seasonal.

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 19 June 2021 at 11:28 PM

@lilacfox Iiiiiif there is National Forest Fire Awareness Day, this fire bat coulda be seasonal-

(Do you have any ideas about the description?)

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 29 October 2022 at 1:09 PM

Another coot fluffy dragon 🙃
Psychiro‘s very furry cousin wait no ops BAT xd

@shirothekittehlover

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 29 October 2022 at 3:58 PM

@wonder404exe
Thanks ^^

Pings (finally I can ping people again):
@prairie
@ian
@galaxydragonzz

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 31 October 2022 at 9:48 AM

@shirothekittehlover
it looks so fluffy! i must cuddle it

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 31 October 2022 at 10:18 AM

@murfijs
Thanks! ^^

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 7 February 2023 at 10:34 AM

I love all bat creatures, but the design looks similar to an ignis to me.

180 posts

noman15 • 9 February 2023 at 10:27 AM

Makes sense to have a flying volcano predicter sense bunthoffs and pthalis are burrowers.

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 9 February 2023 at 12:22 PM

@chihiro_sang
Just looked it up and uhhhhh
I was unaware that creature exists when I first made the Chiropyra orz

Female
586 posts

nanami • 9 February 2023 at 3:16 PM

I would totally freeze it in his 2nd stage, so cute 😃

Female
915 posts