Your Current Harmless Addiction

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,566 posts

jlya • 26 January 2023 at 1:52 PM

@snowywinter
It's so worth it!! I broke our old ice cream maker a couple years ago and just got a new one for Christmas. There's just nothing like that homemade, soft, creamy deliciousness 😋

@sapphire12
Ugh, but popcorn with butter is soooo good! I may be on the verge of another harmless addiction involving popcorn xD

1,127 posts

hikanu • 26 January 2023 at 2:59 PM

I am a little bit obsessed with acapella music, Viva La Dirt League and Villain Support content on Youtube at the moment XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 January 2023 at 2:54 AM

@jlya I've only had 'home-made' at the eco-fair and an apple orchard, but the difference was absolutely noticeable. (Even from a small organic dairy was a very noticeable difference to store-bought.)
It all tastes so clean and crisp and FRESH. (Like.... not just fresh as an adverb, but fresh as a flavor!)
And the flavors picked really stand out! It's not hidden behind sugar, or stale processed milk. Store bought feels so... sticky?

@hikanu Acapella has its own special charm. A lot of people (used to?) think old-timey (and I love that style too,) but it can be so diverse. I love how individual talent really gets a chance to shine. ^^
The Sing-Off made me fall in love with it all over again. (I think I only caught Season 1 & 2, but I still think back to it often.)
I'll have to look up the ones you mentioned, but the first thing that came to mind for me on YT was Postmodern Jukebox (Most of the stuff they put out isn't acapella, but they're good at it when they do/did imo.)

Later: Oh, OH! you didn't mean *those* were acapella groups. Still Viva La Dirt League will make for a good recommendation to someone I know ^^ (If that's not the channel he's already been watching and telling me about.)

1,127 posts

hikanu • 27 January 2023 at 3:26 PM

@snowywinter It really does have it's own charm. I'm currently quite obsessed with the really deep voices in several groups. That being said, I haven't been much into Pentatonix since Avi left. And like my periodic obsession tends to go... The acapella groups, it's not the first time I'm obsessed with them. Currently I'm listening to quite a bit of VoicePlay and Home Free.

I did not say they were acapella, no, hence why I added 'music' to acapella, as in acapella as a whole, and 'content' to the other two which are a great source of amusement for me. 😊

If your friend is into D&D, Viva La Dirt League does that too, with re-enactments, which is also quite funny. I'm currently watching their NPC D&D and the subtitles are comedy gold.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 January 2023 at 10:22 PM

@hikanu
I don't follow many people enough to actually knows what goes on in their lives, or even with their careers, but In the general sense things usually are never the same when someone leaves a group : / And even more rare for a band/performing group to capture the same magic when a member leaves. I will say though I'm usually not into Christmas music, but dang did Penatonix knock it out of the park on their TV special! (I even made sure the watch the rerun the next year. It was sooooo good!)
I'll have to look up Voice Play.
Love me some Home Free (still good, but I miss the original line-up.) It was rare I signed up for newsletters, but i was hitting that subscribe button so fast when they started one. lol.

Yeah, i'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer right now. Been getting little sleep (on top of dealing with the neuro issues.) (Heck, I'm proud of myself for figuring it out with "clues." I was literally thinking at first young people were now using 'accapella' as a term for anything done homemade/without a lot of extra technical support. *facepalm* I was so confused. lol)

The D&D skits were about the only thing YouTube was showing me of Viva La Dirt League >.<
Yeah, we're totally into Tabletop RPGs (not so much D&D ourselves, but we enjoy listening to others stories and reenactments. We do mostly freestyle homebrews and the occasional off the wall stuff. Actually just seen one on the news tonight I want to give a try!... Coyote & Crow)
Can't remember what it's titled, but one day when i was binging some TtRPG vid and there was like this one for charity or something and Vin Diesel was one of the guests. OMG he's so fun! Totally would have loved having him in our group. Everyone else (in the vid) was so boring, and he's super creative and was totally into it.

1,127 posts

hikanu • 27 January 2023 at 10:42 PM

@snowywinter It is not the same, no. They will inevitably change directions because a new person will have different things to add to the group compared to the one who left. It's not always a bad different, though and comparing isn't always fair, even if you can't help it.

Christmas music is sort of ... Well I don't mind listening to it usually. But I'll tire of it pretty fast and I don't really understand that people can start in October. It irritated me greatly that you could already start buying Christmas things in October when it had not even been Halloween yet, not that we really celebrate it here. Anyway, I'm getting off track.

That's alright. I suppose I could have made myself clearer. 😊

I would honestly love to do more table top rpgs myself... But my friends who are into that sort of thing lives 2 hours away, it's not convenient at all and if you only have like an odd weekend every now and then it's not sustainable to do long campaigns.

Female
677 posts

amelialightwing • 29 January 2023 at 12:57 AM

At the current moment my harmless addiction is napping and staying in my room to kind of recharge from interacting with people. It might change through the year though.

Female
31 posts

nerdbear • 31 January 2023 at 10:58 AM

Egg Cave. I just started but it is quite addicting. 😊

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 1 February 2023 at 3:34 AM

There's this table at the grocery store you essentially need to walk by to get to the rest of the store, and it's absolutely covered in these huge boxes of blueberry muffins. Each time I go to the grocery store, I am just like, ensorcelled by blueberry muffins and I literally cannot see them without buying them

Agender
6 posts

marafordoom • 2 February 2023 at 1:08 AM

Children's coloring books. Hey, they're relaxing, what can I say,

Female
386 posts

cryogenics • 2 February 2023 at 1:20 AM

i recently jumped into warhammer 40k - bought my Adeptus Sororitas army, assembled it, and busy painting it. already had a couple of battles with blood angles borrowed from friend, and i'm utterly hooked!
painting the models is also so therapeutic and fun.

Female
16 posts

starlight4428 • 2 February 2023 at 1:28 AM

Formula 1 racing and documentaries!

Non-binary
8 posts

anomalous • 2 February 2023 at 2:40 AM

Mine is watching trashy Youtube videos alongside playing PokeWilds. It's a surprisingly good combo!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 2 February 2023 at 3:12 AM

@marafordoom I can't color any more, but I gotta say, those extra big jumbo ones are great! (You know, the ones that are about as tall as a toddler and as wide as their arm-width.)
As i kid i disliked them as they seemed really demeaning after the novelty wore off (not that I'd turn away any coloring book,) but as i was older and just wanted to zone out I found them so relaxing.

(I also tried the coloring by sticker books... still a no-go for me but I thought it is absolutely fun for sticker enthusiasts who also like to color. I had fun anyhow. Until my disability caught up and immune response was too overwhelming. I made it 1/3 the way through a parrot ^^)

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 7 February 2023 at 8:05 PM

plants vs zombies on the ds
i recently found all my old ds stuff and it’s it like so good for no reason

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 7 February 2023 at 11:21 PM

Reading webtoons and galatea's werewolf books... XP

Female
2,299 posts

metaphor • 9 February 2023 at 1:14 AM

Watching extreme tourism videos on Youtube. I love when people go to countries that are often seen as dangerous (usually for good reason) and show the human side of them--people just trying to live their lives and get by from day to day.

Female
28 posts

wolfmoon • 9 February 2023 at 1:57 AM

Pokemon and my other fandoms, my art, YouTube, munching on Cheezits, lolb

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 9 February 2023 at 8:50 PM

Squishmallows

Female
134 posts

tortoise • 9 February 2023 at 9:39 PM

@sorrow
I also have been playing my old ds games and also set up my old Wii in my room too! I’ve been playing lot’s of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Mario Bros. Makes me feel like a little kid again and I love it!

1,127 posts

hikanu • 9 February 2023 at 9:44 PM

As of right now... I have a strange thing with Twilight/Harry Potter crossover fanfics. It's replaced the Harry Potter/Death Note crossover thing I had a few months ago. XD

Female
431 posts

cageheart • 9 February 2023 at 10:08 PM

I have been reading a ton of web comics lately, so I'd say that's the closest thing to an obsession I have right now 😊

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 9 February 2023 at 10:22 PM

I'm also obsessed with making those no sew blankets...my home is filled with the tote loads I've made...roflmao!

Male
463 posts

castielkix • 26 February 2023 at 2:41 AM

Monster high and Pokémon lol I can’t help it. Also had a demonology phase

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 2 March 2023 at 8:11 AM

Currently obsessed drawing arts to my sweet team on Winter Fandom Combat (ao3), done over 12 different artworks this time.

Female
435 posts

salanderinlove • 2 March 2023 at 12:19 PM

Listening a podcast about the greek mithology | Create content for my instagram | Make lists and plan my apartment decor.

Female
586 posts

nanami • 3 March 2023 at 7:59 PM

Books, Manga & Anime

Female
47 posts

judith_666 • 7 March 2023 at 12:27 PM

Books, Anime and coloring books for adults 😊

Non-binary
1,034 posts

distorted • 7 March 2023 at 12:45 PM

eyeliner