Fan Art: If Eggcave was an anime!

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

1,558 posts

dragonii • 28 October 2021 at 12:03 AM

I honestly love the idea of an anime or a manga for eggcave.

But I noticed that a quite a few of the characters art that I love and adore are lovely portraits, but aren't exactly animation friendly.
So I decided to make some fake anime screen shots, featuring different Characters as if they where in a real anime. So i hope you enjoy my fan art 😸

If any of you have any recommendations on who I should draw you are more then welcome to recommend something 😃

I'll slowly update this post with more, but for now this is what I have. 😊

_ __
The Travel agency: https://www.deviantart.com/11dragonii/art/If-Eggcave-was-an-anime-Travel-agency-896177553

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 October 2021 at 1:47 PM

omg @dragonii, the travel agency Chimera is so cute! (missing the tip of his snake tail, but still awesome!)

Could you do Cathy from the Science and Research Center next? ❤️ 😸

Rohina (Lottery) is most likely a fan favorite, but she?'s practically anime ready imo.

P.s. I don't click the Follow button on a lot of threads (even my own,) but I had to for this one. ^ _^

1,558 posts

dragonii • 28 October 2021 at 4:02 PM

@snowywinter next time I do him again I’ll def make sure his tail is in the shot :0

OOhh, I love both of those recommendations! Cathy will def be really fun and while Rohina might already be anime looking, I can still give her, her own spot light in a fake anime screen cap. 😊

I’m honored that you like my art and this threads concept enough to give it a follow!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 October 2021 at 7:23 PM

@dragonii
I mean, Eggcave peeps will know who he is without the tail; but your art style in this instance reminds me of an anime a friend recently got me hooked on. (Rated M, so I won't name it here.) I mean this as a compliment. Truly, but at the same time, I could picture you getting comments on the other site asking if it is so and so or an OC from the existing anime >.< ...I figure the tail would help distinguish him from normal lions.
But It really was no biggie for me. It was just sort of a casual noticing.
(I mean, in that posture I think it's more natural his tail is out of frame. lol)

Yay! I'm glad I gave some suggestions you like. I'm grateful you're doing these and sharing them with us!
Oof, background/cel work is tough. (and under appreciated.) I'll look forward to what you envision for Rohina's environment.

No pun intended, but I follow the talent. 😉 Even if it's in a medium I'm not as familiar with. I like seeing how different artist express their passion for things. Even weird sculptures made out of "reclaimed" items.
(*thoughts drift a moment* and that rabbit hole took me down to someone recording a rap/hip-hop album inspired by fictional adventures around the Ark.)

(I liked your pics so much, I browsed the eggcave tag and found some amazing creature suggestions by others. There's some I can't believe never became real on here. Boo on not being able to revive old threads. They are amazing! And then there was one I found that did became one on here, but the position I loved best wasn't included.)

@watercress is a talented writer here. I'd love to see a collaboration between you two some day. (But I understand working on solo projects can be time consuming in and of itself. And that not everyone have the same goals in mind.)

1,558 posts

dragonii • 30 October 2021 at 5:26 AM

@snowywinter I am honestly super happy it does have that anime look. I am curious about which anime it is though. if you feel comfortable about it wanna DM the title to me?

I'm grateful that I'm able to share it, 😃

OK but that makes me so happy that you took a look at the other artists stuff, To many artists and creature suggestions have been going unnoticed, though lucky for you, the no reviving old threads rule shouldn't actually apply to this specific form area. So if there are some good creatures feel free to make a comment on them! (If you are unsure I'd def recommend messaging a mod about it just in case,)

Ohh, I just read some of their writings and I love how descriptive and visual their writing is! Maybe one day down the line if they are up for a collaboration, I would love to make an anime with them. but that's definitely down the line when i can become a bit more stable in my own personal life. ^^

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 1 January 2022 at 6:38 PM

@dragonii y e s