gobblers not opening in a new window

in Problems & Bugs

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 13 November 2021 at 9:01 PM

I also like @sinthir's idea. Pop up is better than taking you to a different page, but no pop up would be even better.

112 posts

autumnal • 14 November 2021 at 12:50 PM

I'm still hoping that they'll change it back 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 November 2021 at 1:48 PM

Just a personal gripe here... (mostly grumbling to self) and now people are even less likely to play my Gobbler game. Heck, it's even inconvenient for me to play it now. (I'm still on the hunt for them there, but not as often.)

97 posts

riceboysleeps • 15 November 2021 at 11:28 AM

@ian @orderechaos any update on this? We'd still like a change. @sinthir's idea could be cool. No popup or redirect. The gobbler just disappears and you get a +1. If it's possible. Thanks.

Female
5,399 posts

Orderedchaos • 15 November 2021 at 2:07 PM

I have zero control over anything coding wise on this site. I just pass along what information I have.

As of right now it looks like Ian is looking into another option that doesn't bring back the original error.

112 posts

autumnal • 15 November 2021 at 2:37 PM

Thank you for the update 😊 and thank you Ian for working on this

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 November 2021 at 6:54 PM

@Orderedchaos Thank you for giving us an update! Very much appreciated! ❤️

...and gratitude to Ian for hearing us out. (My being misty-eyed may be due to my emotions being a mess the past few days... but it does mean a LOT that he's still so involved with the site.)

118 posts

lobstertheremin • 15 November 2021 at 10:45 PM

This is great news!!!

Deleted • 16 November 2021 at 2:58 AM

Thank you very much for the update, and for working on this! ❤️

Told you Ian was listening, he's basically that nice uncle everyone should have. c;

89 posts

dougprishpreed • 16 November 2021 at 12:39 PM

Niiiiiiiice ❤️

93 posts

secreteggent • 16 November 2021 at 6:13 PM

Lol looks like I'm in the minority since I don't mind the bug fix.

For those who do mind: if you're on desktop you can press Ctrl when clicking the gobbler to open the redirection in a new tab. Then you can just mass close all the "You found a gobbler" tabs once you feel like it and have minimal interference with the rest of your eggcave activities.