Spring/Winter Creature Suggestion: The Momiji

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 1 April 2022 at 6:32 AM

Picture: https://freeimage.host/i/MCCVgS

Months: February to June
This is aimed to be either a Cave monthly, or Cash Shop creature.

About the Egg:
Momiji eggs can only be found when spring dawns, and the first sakuras bloom. Cherry blossoms grow on their sleek, silky pink and white fur, seeming to move slightly even when if there is no breeze nor movement. Yet the egg is strangely silent, and many times it seems almost dead, if not for the ears, which always seem pricked and alert, twitching from time to time. A small crack winds its way up from the bottom, but never seems to get bigger, although it appears to change its path every day.

About the Creature:
The Momiji is a sakura fox creature that resides in the more northern parts of Ark, hibernating throughout summer, autumn, and most of winter, only awakening just before the flowers bloom, when small green buds are still pushing their way up from the snow-covered ground. Their small white paws never make a sound on the ground, strawberry-red eyes always watchful and aware. They are quiet, not ones to mewl or yip, and they always seem calm and composed. That is, unless, you offer them cotton candy-

Momiji have long lifespans, around 100 to 200 years. This being said, it is quite rare to see a Momiji die(unless it gets hit by a car or something). You'll know when it does because it will look you straight in the eye, and the cherry blossoms that flower their pelt will suddenly overwhelm them, their body, legs, head. The last thing you see will be their gaze, and then, they collapse into a hundred sakura petals. They, soon, disappear too. Nothing is left. What's done is done.

Hope you enjoyed ^ ^ Please feel free to ping friends! And check out my other creature suggestion, the Lunii!

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 3 April 2022 at 9:58 AM

@amberwater I really like your description, very calm creature except for the cotton candy xD Momiji seems to bloom, very cute. Love the egg the most but also the other stages. ❀️

Pings:
@tryvegan4theanimals
@widgetspinner
@mirime

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 3 April 2022 at 10:41 AM

@amberwater sooo cute i love this creature!! very nice descriptions too 😊 i'd really like to see this become a real creature

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 3 April 2022 at 11:08 AM

Thanks for the ping @megamisama90! I love your design, @amberwater! I would personally prefer the creature without the bow at the base of the tail, but that's just me. Hope they pick this one! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 3 April 2022 at 11:55 AM

@megamisama90 Tysm! (Yes they are obsessed with the stuff owo )
@pwuffy aww thank you! I hope so too
@tryvegan4theanimals Thanks as well! The bow...well I just added it XD

Pings: (Hope you don't mind ^ ^, sorry!)
@quinn
@kleineprinz

Cisgender Male
306 posts

tryvegan4theanimals • 3 April 2022 at 12:05 PM

Oh yes! I was going to ping people too πŸ˜‹

@dragrawr
@iia
@spacecowboy79
@prairie

Cis Female
11 posts

spacecowboy79 • 3 April 2022 at 12:10 PM

HEY @tryvegan4theanimals thank you for the ping πŸ’•

ahem.

full offense but I’d DIE for Momiji. this creature is so cute and I love the concept!!
beautiful work, I hope they decide to use it 😊

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 3 April 2022 at 12:11 PM

Awww it’s literally so cute !! It seems so fluffy 😊 πŸ’•πŸŒΈ great job

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 5 April 2022 at 1:27 AM

@spacecowboy79
@dragrawr
Thank you so much! Means a LOT for me

I've just added another part to the creature description, check it out!

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 5 April 2022 at 2:23 AM

@amberwater it’s wonderful !

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 6 April 2022 at 11:42 AM

@dragrawr thank you ❀️