Female
677 posts

myriadium • 8 April 2022 at 1:37 AM

auto buy from shops - does anyone actually haggle with those npc shopowners? in my experience it doesn't even save that much ec. in all honesty it just makes it incredibly tedious and annoying to buy items. just let me buy them like how i buy from user shops. if there are people who are really against this make it a thing you can change in preferences

reorganizing creatures - i have no idea what happened to the old one (i'm sure there's someone who remembers) but before ec updated to this version moving creatures was as simple as dragging them around. why is that not a thing anymore? i pity anyone who makes curated cove lists by color or by species because reordering them looks like a pain. one mistake and i have to try to shuffle around the number spots of the entire list.

wishlist system - exactly what it says. eggcavity already does this but i would love a built in thing (add another icon in the profiles to round to a nice 12 icons!) that shows your wishlist.

more archive filters! - filter by year, by month, by both! filter by creatures that were suggested by players, whose abouts were written by players, filter by creature release weeks, by yearly events like halloween or dragolds den.

editing creatures - let me rename a creature while on their page. i don't want to comb through my cove just to change a name. in fact, all the options for the creatures on the cove page can also be added onto their profile page (get html, manage star, manage travel, rename)

floating box - okay, so this is a really small thing so i don't really care if it's implemented or not, since i don't even know how much people would even utilize this, but i kinda have a thing going on with my cove and sometimes i want to add reminders to myself, but i'm not willing to ruin the vibe of the status or the profiles of me or my creatures (also my terrible memory means i'll inevitably forget where i made the note). i would love a little floating box (maybe w the option to minimize it if you're on mobile) where you can write down your notes and reminders. again, this might be a very very niche thing so it's pretty low on the list.

make quests less annoying - if an item is in my storeroom, i should be able to give the npc my item without having to pull it into my inventory beforehand.

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 8 April 2022 at 1:41 AM

@myriadium

The reorganizing YES.

Archive filters I also agree with.

Female
2,415 posts

ida92 • 8 April 2022 at 3:11 AM

@myriadium Same as @dragrawr - I absolutely support those two. It's so annoying to have to put half numbers or think of other ways to organise the creatures on the list as I want them to be. It would be much easier just to drag them around. And sometimes I want to find all creatures from a certain year, but it's almost impossible. There is no such option in the Archives and the best way currently is to go through all the Site Blog posts, which takes WAY to much time.

Female
388 posts

cryogenics • 8 April 2022 at 3:32 AM

i agree to all - these are brilliant suggestions.

@Ian

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 8 April 2022 at 11:13 AM

@ida92 yes, looking through takes a lot of time, and it would help a lot with creature suggestions thinking about what has already been used theme wise

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 4 June 2022 at 6:12 PM

I definitely think organizing creatures could be a lot smoother and more convenient. I wasn't around before the latest change but if there used to be the ability to drag-and-drop that would be *awesome* to have back, that makes things so much easier! Switching numbers all around and making sure numbers are in the order I want them (and I haven't accidentally used numbers multiple times if I didn't mean to, that can mess up the order...) it's all just so much more involved than it needs to be.

More archive filters, yes!! Personally I'd love it if we could use multiple filters at once, for instance 'available' *and* 'obtainable from cave' would be a simple way to check what we currently have in the cave!