Wishlist /Lottery System to Guide VEND Creatures

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Wishlist/Lottery on EggCave for VEND (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 26 September 2022 at 5:38 AM

With the new VEND update including some wishlist creatures like the Foo, Hallowolf and others - there has been a lot of new activity for the free to play players on the site.

1. Shop owners seeing an increase in sales - making maintaining a shop more valuable.
2. Questers being more active - more activity in EC and User shops and giving free to play players more opportunity to obtain wishlist creatures / trade VEND creatures for CC at a reasonable price
3. People who don't have time to quest being able to buy the VEND creatures at a reasonable CC price (not 2.5k / 5k CC like the previous asking price)

But over time this activity will decrease as the popular creatures run out. To keep the momentum going it should be replaced with other popular creatures at regular intervals.

Replacing them with which creatures though?

1. Wishlist System:

Currently there is a lot of people using eggcavity to host their wishlists. I propose bringing that system in-house or at least getting the data from EggCavity.

If they have wishlist data, the creatures most often on people's wishlists (not including the CC ones of course bc the rerelease) that I suspect are the older cave creatures like Florns, Blobbart, Chiye etc. are going to be the popular ones to be introduced to the VEND and continue the activity.

The system could be a randomised one where of the 10/20 most popular wishlist creatures, 1/2 get reintroduced in the VEND as the popular choice.

I just really love that the F2P players get a chance with this update and it would be amazing to keep the momentum going.

As there is a list of creatures already in eggcave and we can put creatures in order on Cove Lists, the idea could be not hard to code and implement as it's basically an ordered list for each player. I don't know about hosting the extra data etc however.

What do you think? Pinging some people who were active on this section of the forum

@armageddondoll @kataclysm @heatherm19 @snowywinter

Edit:

2. Lottery System
Alternatively, if a wishlist for every user is too tricky, we could have a second lottery system?

Same 2000 EC per entry and limit of 50 votes on which creature from the available pool to be reintroduced in the VEND?

The same randomised system could then apply as from the top 10/20, 1/2 gets reintroduced.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 September 2022 at 10:56 PM

@sapphire12

It would be nice if there was something like this introduced.
(Sorry I don't have any particular feedback to anything specific.)

I think there should be some limits on it though since players come and go. Maybe some sort of activity filter like have to have been a player for at least 3 months and have 100+ forum posts (sort of basing the later off of the Writing Contest rules.)

And maybe have it be a poll that it done once or every three months. (I've contacted players so many times about something they had on their wishlist only for them to thank me, but laugh it off as it absolutely outdated, or those creatures no longer being priority.)