Synchronizing notification to your main

in Site Feedback & Ideas

What do you think of this idea?

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 3 October 2022 at 2:58 PM

A bit of a strange idea but .... since our main and sides are now linked, we should be able to synchronize notifications we get on our sides so we get notified on on main.

Something like:
@account just received 200 feeds from @user

@account petname is hungry and about to die. Please feed it

@name has posted on @account's wall

@account has a new message

@account has a new trade offer

....And so on

With the ability to toggle which accounts we want to receive notifications from and which notification should be sent to our main.

A toggle like

Accounts notifications linked
@account
@side
@secretside

Trade notices On/off
Feed notices On/off
Ping notices On/off
PM notices On/off
Hunger notices On/off

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 3 October 2022 at 3:05 PM

Honestly I could use that, it oiled be pretty cool imo @pet_cemetery

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 3 October 2022 at 4:26 PM

@pet_cemetery

Ooooo yes! Great idea!

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 3 October 2022 at 4:56 PM

@pet_cemetery that will be awsome im not active on my side at ALL so i wouldn't see any notification x'D

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 3 October 2022 at 6:28 PM

Oh yes please! This would be so helpful! I have a large UFT tab on one of my sides but I'm usually logged in to my main, I've been having to check my side a lot more often to see if I have any new PMs or if the person I reserved a trade for has offered yet.

And my 3rd 'cave common hoard' side I really only log in once a day to get the daily log-in ec, multiple times I didn't notice for days that a creature had evolved on that account. It would be very helpful to get notified here.

Female
2,140 posts

cranberrycat1 • 3 October 2022 at 7:04 PM

Oooh this is such a good idea considering that I dont have an LoV on my side @/cranberrycat1_side the creature is hungry notifications would be such a big help

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 3 October 2022 at 10:12 PM

Very good suggestion 😃 I hope it gets made with the toggles on :>
Same sentiments as @cranberrycat1

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 4 October 2022 at 12:25 AM

Thanks to all those that commented. Added a new poll.

random Pings (sorry if you don't want it)
@sparklefox
@snowywinter
@raitonchidori
@izziedragon
@sorrow

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 October 2022 at 12:35 AM

@pet_cemetery

Sorry, I was leaving this subject alone for people who want something like this or had constructive criticism.
(but since I was pinged, I'll give my opinion.)

I just do Not have any desire for cross-account notifications. None at all. Maybe like 3%. And ONLY if i could chose which specific notifications.
(Edit: I'd probably only have notices on for if someone fed or creatures evolved. But it would probably confuse me too much or stress me out and I'd turn it back off again anyhow knowing myself. - I like things compartmentalized. I need the mind-space of if I'm on one account, that's where I'm at, and not another.)

"We're" still working on getting the team to code it so that we can choose which notifications we want and how often, let alone adding in the complication of cross-account pings.
(i.e. "You have a steal in the Cave!" *ping* "YOU have a STEAL in the Cave!" *ping* YOU HAVE A STEAL in the CAVE!" We get it already we have another attempt ready in the D*** CAVE! I'm trying to feed here!)

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 4 October 2022 at 3:52 AM

@pet_cemetery
i personally wouldn’t use it because i don’t pay attention to my sides at all, but i can see how that would be helpful for other users! if it was something that you could turn on/off like you mentioned (and i don’t see why they wouldn’t make it something you can toggle) then i fully wouldn’t mind it.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 4 October 2022 at 9:50 AM

@pet_cemetery Thanks for the ping!
I'm in favor of this feature but yes I'd like to choose which ones are synced because I don't use my sides for much but I hate going to them and having like 40 unread notifications

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 4 October 2022 at 5:20 PM

@snowywinter makes some really good points, so I'll just emphasize that I would definitely only want this if we could choose what type of notifications from sides we'll get on our main. And of course the ability to 'toggle' on/off, so if you have them on but it's too confusing or overwhelming you can turn them off for awhile (I'd probably do that when my anxiety gets bad, notifications can already get overwhelming in that regard).