help please

in Help & Questions

Female
9 posts

imortalzrus • 7 October 2022 at 2:53 PM

I puta trinket travel on my Rie (Rose trinket travel) and its not showing in my cove. I refreshed the page several times but still no travel. Can you fix it please?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 7 October 2022 at 3:54 PM

@imortalzrus
Could you please link to the creature that this is happening to?

Edit: Found the creature. I can see the travel on your creature. If you can not please try clearing your browser's cache, that should fix the problem.

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 7 October 2022 at 4:05 PM

@imortalzrus sometimes I have to wait a day or a few hours before I can see the travel that I have applied to my creatures I’ll try clearing cache to

Female
21 posts

lunar_eclipse • 7 October 2022 at 7:11 PM

That happened to my pekva even though I put the travel on twice, but it showed up after a while.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 7 October 2022 at 7:32 PM

@cranberrycat1 @lunar_eclipse
If you are having image problems (travels not appearing, creatures not showing correct stage, ect) clear your browser's cache. Clearing your cache will fix 99% of all image problems.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 7 October 2022 at 8:51 PM

I'd also like to point out that while clearing the cache is a great suggestion, sometimes the image will update if you just do a hard-refresh on the page (ctrl + shift + R, for most computers I work with). My Chrome browser doesn't always show the updated images immediately, but a lot of times a hard-refresh will be enough to fix it.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 October 2022 at 10:53 PM

@Orderedchaos @imortalzrus I use private browsing almost exclusively so clearing cache isn't even an option/necessary in my case. Even with a full restart of browser and devices it hasn't been helping in the case of Eggcave.
Ian posted on the blog a few days ago that he fixed it. I haven't tested it out myself since then when I was having issues with it too.
It has only been happening for me the past couple weeks. Up until then, any visual changes were almost immediate. The longest delay I had ever seen in my 1.5 years I had been on the site was 5 minutes. Now it can take hours.
(I really do need to test out what the delay is for me again. I just need to find the time to stock up on some of the travels I want to use.)

@heatherm19 oooh! That's a keyboard shortcut I completely forgot about. Thanks for sharing!

Female
9 posts

imortalzrus • 8 October 2022 at 9:41 AM

@heatherm19
thanks for the hard-refresh...I tried it and it worked. Yay!!