End of Year flash contest (NOT a feeder) - [CLOSED]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 December 2022 at 1:04 AM

The premise is simple - Guess the number.
The Prize - Cave Cash (voucher/s)

Rules
- One guess per person. (I don't care if you post from a main or side, so long as you reply to contact at it.)
- Do NOT ping me in this thread for anything other than random chit-chat. If you ping me for entries or questions in this thread it will disqualify your entry.
(pings to other players is completely fine ^^ ❤ī¸ ...encouraged even. But there are no bonus entries for it or anything.)

Mechanics
* Guess what number I'm thinking of - without going over (Price's Right rules.)
* 1 - 31
* More than one person may guess the same number.
- pick a secondary number (I have also already chosen that.) It will be used as a tie-breaker if more than one person picks the same winning number.
- Do not pick the same combination of first and secondary numbers. (I will not be responsible for alerting people if they chose the same as someone else. The person who chose that combination first has the valid entry. I will not use a randomizer.)

Vote (post along with your guess) on if you want there to be one winning prize of 500 CC; or three smaller prizes - 2 X 200 CC, 1 X 100 CC

IF the smaller amounts of CC is the more popular option, than the mechanics of how winners are chosen changes a little. The 200 CC prizes will be chosen essentially the same way, but if there is a number higher, but just as close, or closer than the remaining placers that didn't go over than that will win the 100 CC prize. (In the event that two people tied for 3rd closest, but one is higher, and one is lower, then the winning position goes to the player who guessed lower.) (i.e. if the number is 15 and someone guessed 20 and someone guessed 10, then the person who guessed 10 would win 3rd place. Assuming that say... other people guessed 14, 13, and no one guessed 16-19)

Appreciated entry format:

---
1st # (numerical 1,2,3 etc.)
2nd # (numerical 1,2,3 etc.)

Vote - One or Three prizes (text please)

---

I will probably announce the winner some time late on Dec 31st and will *try* to get out prizes before midnight. (I wanted to hold this for a whole week but I was really sick, still getting my energy back. But I want to get these prizes out in time to hopefully help someone get a CC creature.)
Edit: IF I miss the deadline, (and I am so sorry if I do!) I will extend this to January 7th. (Time of day still up in the air.)

pings to get this started
@sulvas @heatherm19 @frankenstein @daisycat @mr-blue-bones @twinkle @dragrawr

- - - - -

31 Dec 6:15 PM

winners
1st - sulvas
2nd - chaotictreat
3rd - kataclysm

see newer post in thread for details.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 30 December 2022 at 1:09 AM

1st #: 17
2nd #: 6

Vote: Three prizes. c:

Thank you for the ping + hosting this! Fun idea. 😸 And I hope you're feeling 100% very soon. ❤ī¸

@bluewolf @wonder404exe @cranberrycat1

Female
2,896 posts

heatherm19 • 30 December 2022 at 1:14 AM

1st # 13
2nd # 29

Vote - Three Prizes

Thanks for the awesome opportunity! 😊 Being sick over the holidays is no fun, hope you are feeling better.

Female
840 posts

sulvas • 30 December 2022 at 1:14 AM

1st: 21
2nd: 8
Vote: Three prizes so more people can win.

Funnily enough I was just thinking about if someone would specify not a feeding contest just cause of how many of those there are right now. Nice to see something different.

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 30 December 2022 at 1:21 AM

Oh no ☚ī¸ I hope you get your energy back soon ;u;
Thanks for the ping and for hosting this cool contest ❤ī¸

1st # 25
2nd # 18

Vote - Three prizes

Pinging @taiyeun9 @charchill @icecream

87 posts

charchill • 30 December 2022 at 1:24 AM

1st : 10
2nd : 11
Vote : Three prizes-although 500 CC could get someone a creature...but more people win.

Oof. Well, I still hope you had a holly jolly christmas(and get better)!

Female
760 posts

okami • 30 December 2022 at 2:30 AM

Fun! 😸 Thanks for hosting this!

1st # : 28
2nd # : 14

Vote: Three prizes

Female
108 posts

taiyeun9 • 30 December 2022 at 3:47 AM

1st #: 9
2nd #: 31

vote: 3 prizes!

Thank you for hosting!

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 30 December 2022 at 8:53 AM

1st: 23!
2nd: 16!

Voting for 3 prizes. (: Thanks for hosting!

@armageddondoll get in here!

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 30 December 2022 at 9:03 AM

1st # 15
2nd # 20

Vote - three

@twilightshine you always win

Female
2,105 posts

cranberrycat1 • 30 December 2022 at 11:15 AM

1st - 7
2nd - 22

Vote - 3

Thank you for the ping daisy

I hope you feel better snowwinter

Pings - @chaotictreat & @alraune3

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 30 December 2022 at 11:47 AM

1st #: 27
2nd #: 21

Thank you for hosting, this looks fun!

Female
2,675 posts

jlya • 30 December 2022 at 12:53 PM

1st # 17
2nd # 9

Vote - Three prizes please 😊

Hope you feel better soon ❤ī¸

Deleted • 30 December 2022 at 12:57 PM

the number you are thinking of is 7 the 2nd number for the tie is 13

vote 3 prizes

thank you for hosting this

Female
1,638 posts

alraune3 • 30 December 2022 at 1:42 PM

1st #3
2nd #19

Vote - Three prizes

Thanks for hosting this!😊

Female
2,528 posts

dragrawr • 30 December 2022 at 6:12 PM

1st; #15
2nd: #24

Vote- three prizes so there is more chances for other people !! 💕💕

Thanks for this !!

1,131 posts

hikanu • 30 December 2022 at 6:31 PM

1st # 14
2nd # 30

Vote - Three prizes. 😊

Happy New Year!

Female
1,120 posts

valorieviolet • 30 December 2022 at 6:40 PM

1st #25
2nd #15

Thank you for hosting this ;D

Female
909 posts

icecream • 30 December 2022 at 7:57 PM

1st #: 17
2nd #: 14

Vote: Three prizes.

Thank you for this contest ^^

@kittymimi

87 posts

charchill • 30 December 2022 at 9:41 PM

Oh. Hey, maybe I should ping some people...
@wonder404exe@tryvegan4theanimals@lothar

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 30 December 2022 at 9:45 PM

@charchill
I am here i joined.

@gemini_1261

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 30 December 2022 at 11:50 PM

1st: 17
2nd: 7
Vote: 3 prizes

ty for ping cranberry and ty for hosting snowy, hope you feel better soon!!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 December 2022 at 6:25 PM

28 - 14 bluewolf
27 - 21 mr-blue-bones
25 - 18 twinkle
25 - 15 valorieviolet
23 - 16 kataclysm
21 - 8 sulvas
17 - 14 icecream
17 - 9 jlya
17 - 7 chaotictreat
17 - 6 daisycat
15 - 24 dragrawr
15 - 20 wonder404exe
14 - 30 hikanu
13 - 29 heatherm19
10 - 11 charchill
9 - 31 taiyeun9
7 - 22 cranberrycat1
7 - 13 lululoo
3 - 19 alraune3

I want to thank everyone for participating and the well wishes! It means a lot! and to everyone who thanked me for hosting, or having something a little different... Thank YOU for playing ^^ ❤ī¸

And you were all so sweet.. voting for more prizes to be divied out ^^ ❤ī¸
(In the end it even made it more fun for me.)

Wow... A lot of people *REALLY* liked the number 17! LOL

---

First off... someone got the combination exactly right ! ! ! Either they were stalkery, sweetly observant, or psychic ; ) (I'm joking, ILY) Congratulations go to... Drumroll please...
@sulvas I'm throwing an extra 100 CC on your prize. (300 CC total) (hey, I said Price's Right rules, didn't I. lol)
(I didn't anticipate anyone getting it exactly right. What are the odds?! ...seriously, any math people want to figure this out?)

2nd place was a bit trickier to figure out. There were so many twists and turns in this one as I recorded the guesses! At first I thought it was going to go to jlya, but by the end it looked like icecream would be the winner. However... given that I'm doing the thing of not going over the number... daisycat was in good running... until @chaotictreat came along with their guess. 😃 You win the 200 CC prize!

Now for me to do maths and figure out 3rd. Is it going to someone lower than 21, someone higher?... *calculating*
Oh, this was easy. (thank you self for making the caveat on multiple prizes.) 3rd place / 100 CC goes to @kataclysm

Edit: (Soooooo glad I wrote down my rules for this in detail. I was having a hard time figuring out 3rd place, and even second guessing as I was handing out the prizes to 1st and 2nd placers. It was really confusing. But in the end I came to the same conclusion.
Oof. Daisycat came soooo close. -_-)

Prizes will be sent directly to the players' Inventory soon. Edit: Done!

- - - -

Disclaimer/side-note:
someone - I won't embarrass them since they didn't have a winning number anyhow, was disqualified for pinging me for an entry. (Got the notification - edits don't hide those.) (I'm honestly proud of how so many of you followed instructions on this one! I know I can get quite verbose! - and not everyone's native language is english. There weren't even have any double combinations ^^)

Female
2,896 posts

heatherm19 • 31 December 2022 at 6:48 PM

Congrats to the winners!! 😊

It's so funny someone guessed exactly, I'm not great with math like that but I'm sure the odds of that were slim!

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 31 December 2022 at 7:06 PM

I started the 17 trend. 😉 Lolol /hj.

Yay to the winners!!! And ;_; to me for being so close lolol. Thank you @snowywinter for a fun and different contest to close out the year! I love any type of guessing game. :-}

Female
840 posts

sulvas • 31 December 2022 at 7:08 PM

Thanks again for hosting this. I'm so surprised I got the exact combo. It was fun I could totally see this format working again for a contest.

At the time I did think that 21 was one of the numbers that was liked. I guess we just like similar numbers cause 8 is my lucky number.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Demifluid
1,494 posts

wonder404exe • 31 December 2022 at 7:09 PM

@sulvas then i guess it was right to be lucky lol

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 December 2022 at 7:23 PM

@daisycat I'm glad you still had fun!

@sulvas
Hopefully someone else will pick it up sometime. It's great for just a quick little giveaway.
(And while random generators can be great so there's little bias... I've had trouble using them before. I wonder what the algorithms are that are used. I had one that landed on 4 about 75% of the time. o.O Given that, had I done the same type of giveaway again - it was a small feeding contest that only about 6 people were participating in -, I think i would have preferred taking the time to draw out of a hat.)

21 -for the "first" day of winter (I'd like to see a calendar shift where seasons officially start about 3 weeks earlier... but that's me. - still, I love the longest day of the year... something about it feels so magical and special. Usually one of my favorite nights to go for a walk.)
8 ... I used to think it was my lucky number too! (until I noticed a pattern of bad luck whenever it appears for me >.<) Oh well... it still has significance in my life repeatedly, one way or another. ...Glad it was lucky for you here! ^^

Wishing everyone a happy & healthy new year!

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 31 December 2022 at 7:36 PM

Thank you, again, for hosting, and a happy new year to you. ❤ī¸

Female
1,873 posts

chaotictreat • 31 December 2022 at 11:40 PM

Wow, can't believe someone guessed it exactly! And wow I feel so lucky to come second haha! Sorry about that daisycat.... 😋
Thanks again snowy for hosting and happy new year everyone!!