Suggestion: "free" cove spaces from events shouldn't increase cost/spent

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 31 December 2022 at 1:33 AM

I had a hard time wording this simply in the topic title, so if it's a little unclear: The Advent Tree has given out a handful of 'free' cove spaces this month, but despite not having to pay for them they are still counted when it comes to the 200-per-space increased cost.

Example:
Total Spent In Upgrades 15,600 EC
Next Upgrade Cost 2,600 EC

My current 'expand cove' page. But those numbers *include* the 8 (I think it was 8 altogether this month?) 'free' spaces, which means it's showing the cost for them in 'total spent' even though they were free *and* the 'next cost' has also increased as if we had bought them.

Given how much some users end up spending on upgrades normally, I don't think it's fair for the upgrade cost to increase with the *free* spaces.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 December 2022 at 1:47 AM

Agreed.
(and it was pretty clear in the title .. I thought so anyhow. : ) )

Female
1,745 posts

minnie298a • 31 December 2022 at 2:36 AM

@heatherm19
I agree. I saw this board before going to the tree today, and my "next space" increase from 95,600 to 96,200 with the 3 free spots given out. And for some reason, I think we may have been given 10 spots all up this month.

In saying that, I also don't understand coding, and it may be something that is hard to do. If so, that's ok, I'll just keep going along as is.

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 12 October 2023 at 12:29 PM

Giving this a bump since it's getting closer to that time again! It might seem like a small thing but for those of us with larger coves it really does feel unfair for 'free' spaces to increase the upgrade cost. Are they actually 'free' if they directly increase the cost of the next purchase?
@Ian opinions?