Megamisama90 -Contest January 2023- [CLOSED]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Are you having fun? (Multiple answers allowed.)

6 posts

megamisama90_side2 • 4 January 2023 at 6:29 AM

@taiyeun9, likewise! 😊 I can feel that cold air in my lungs and how it makes me shiver.

@snowywinter, that was very quick update πŸ˜‹ Ooh that must've been pretty. Sometimes storms are so wonderful and such bliss even though they aren't.

I'm laughing at your friend, sorry! The wiki page for the series is making it interesting but I don't know if I'd enjoy it as much as every episode is having different people in them. Well we won't know until I get to see it and if it's only on Prime, then it's probably never as I already have too many other sites in use.

I might buy it as I found the book in Adlibris. ^^

@chaotictreat, had to look up where might you be living 😊 That's strange hot o.O but I guess I can imagine it. Is it like dry but not dry? Makes so much sense. What kinda tempature you usually have there?

@lululoo, haha xD Very complicated weather over there. But that peroid thing was really funny, still laughing about it.

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 4 January 2023 at 6:32 AM

@ida92, ugh winter and +15 😱 Horrible for sure. I hope you'll get more snow too! Has it been more cold than warm recently?

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 4 January 2023 at 6:35 AM

@megamisama90 It got colder today. It was -15 before Christmas and very snowy! Like it should be. But then the weather got warmer for Christmas and stayed like that until yesterday. It's supposed to go down to -15 again by the middle of next week. I hope it does, I like the winter cold. πŸ˜ƒ

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 4 January 2023 at 6:41 AM

@ida92 that must've been nice! Now that I think about it. We did have warmer time too just before Christmas and after it started to get colder again. But before it did, we had a lot of rain and when it finally got cold it was very icy and slippery. Now it's mostly not icy or slippery. Just snow ❀️

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 4 January 2023 at 7:10 AM

It's been pouring rain here ever since Christmas, lmao. I live in the UK and we get a lot of rain, but even this is a bit of a downpour. It's finally relented today, with just a few showers, but the wind has really kicked up. Don't get me wrong, though - this is precisely the kind of weather that I love. ... As long as I don't have to walk to work in it, lmao.

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 4 January 2023 at 7:16 AM

@megamisama90 I'm glad you have snow again, I hope it comes here too! 😊

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 4 January 2023 at 7:26 AM

@kataclysm, it's great watching from inside! πŸ˜‰ But Christmas that's not white ☹️ Put a raincoat and rubberboots on and you'll be fine, for the most part. Do you have a long walk to work?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 4 January 2023 at 7:51 AM

@megamisama90
It's okay, we had a whole bunch of snow a week before Christmas and it caused a lot of chaos, so I was kind of glad to see it go! I had to work riiight before Christmas, too, so it made the walk moderately less treacherous when it started to melt away.

I have about a mile and a half to go, which is fine in the morning when I'm headed to work - it's all downhill - but after a long day, marching back up a gigantic hill is absolutely not my favourite.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 4 January 2023 at 9:09 AM

@megamisama90

Thank you so much for this contest!

It's extremely cold right now where I live. The other day I slept with three layers of clothing and three blankets and was STILL too cold. And it keeps getting colder. Now I need to sleep with six blankets just to stay warm lol. They are pretty thin blankets so I have to pile them on top of each other.

Also it is raining most of the days. I didn't hear as many fireworks this time because it was raining really heavily on new years. Which was nice for a change because usually for new years my neighbors will have really loud fireworks till 3 AM and will do that every day for a like week. So I like the peace and quiet but it's too cold! lol

Female
586 posts

nanami • 4 January 2023 at 1:24 PM

@ megamisama90

For me too, if its Winter Time it should be cold, Spring should be warm and so on.
My favorite Season is autumn and i thing i would be sad if i could not wear a cozy sweater at that time of the year.
And Winter is the time for cold snowy winter nights, were you sit in your cozy home and sip on your hot cocoa milk. But sadly here were i live we barley have snow and even if its snowing its never enough to built a decent snow man, maybe a tiny one but a big one would be hard to built, since there is not much snow fall here in cologne germany.

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 4 January 2023 at 3:33 PM

@megamisama90

https://thehill.com/homenews/nexstar_media_wire/3782350-brace-for-arctic-blast-maps-show-cold-it-will-get-across-us/

on this site we are in the light blue area, we got about a foot of snow

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 4 January 2023 at 10:31 PM

@megamisama90

Hii thanks for hosting this!!

It's been in the high 50's for the past two days but that's when I scheduled my ski trip :'( We got an AirBnB and everything. It's also not one of those towns where you can just decide not to ski because there's nothing else here. So we went skiing anyways and it was super foggy and cloudy at first. But by the end everything cleared up so that the view at the top of the mountain was incredible! I still fell a bunch of times though :'(

Deleted • 5 January 2023 at 2:26 AM

@megamisama90_side2 thank you but its all TRUE! hahaaha

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 5 January 2023 at 9:34 AM

@kataclysm, you really like rain then πŸ˜ƒ Uhhuh that's not nice at all. Short walk.. Do you ever take the bus home? If it goes that way?

@icecream, you need to get thicker blankets! Woolen stocking for your feet should help 😊

For a week?! No wonder you've been happy! I'd be happy too.

@nanami, you live too south :/ If you ever get a chance, come to Finland during winter and build a lot of snowmans ^^

@cranberrycat1, it's not that much snow in my opinion but then again I'm very used to a lot of snow. Usually there isn't that much snow, right?

@pegasasu, oh wow that sounds so wonderful! Hopefully you didn't hurt yourself badly ❀️

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 5 January 2023 at 9:46 AM

@megamisama90 I wish! I live in a pretty rural area, so the buses aren't the most reliable. There's one that goes my way, but it gets to the stop literally three minutes after my shift ends. I have to RUN to get there, and sometimes it's already gone! Woe is me. What about you? Do you have a long commute you have to deal with?

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 5 January 2023 at 9:54 AM

@kataclysm, that's a pity :/ and very unfortunate. I drive to work as that has always been the easies way for me and I love driving. If I'd take the bus, I'd have to go by two and it would take an hour or more depending of what time of the day it was. So by car it's usually max 30min unless the traffic is bad. But after covid it hasn't really gotten that bad as most people have sticked to remote work.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 5 January 2023 at 10:17 AM

@megamisama90 I used to drive a lot, but I'm trying to 'be healthier'. Given work is in walking distance, it makes sense, but [yeep] if I don't hate myself for it on the walk home.

I've noticed that, too! Offices are emptier, roads are emptier (unless people are just out going driving for fun and clogging everything up anyway), it's a little more peaceful out there. What do you do for work, if I can be so nosy?

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 5 January 2023 at 10:37 AM

@kataclysm, I get you a lot. If my work place would be that close I'd probably walk too and I say probably as I'm started to become very lazy..

You can be nosy πŸ˜ƒ but as this is getting out of the context we can continue talking on each others walls or PMs ^^

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 5 January 2023 at 1:45 PM

@megamisama90
Thank you for hosting! ❀️
The weather here, for once, is bright and lovely. In the shade there's a slight chill, but as you step into the sun a soothing warmth envelops you. If you close your eyes you can literally feel the vitamin D soaking into your skin. It's like a loved one wrapping their arms around you, and for just a moment makes every worry melt away, and your whole world right again. You can feel a calm, cool breeze brush your hair gently across your cheek, and lightly dance upon your skin on its way by. If you've ever imagined standing on the stern of a ship with your hair down, sailing across the ocean on a warm spring day, that's how it feels 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 January 2023 at 3:22 AM

@jlya

That was absolutely wonderful ^^
Reminds me of some enjoyable days in early Mays from days of yore. (Spring here trying to be summer, but not quite reaching it.)

Female
730 posts

lothar • 6 January 2023 at 6:34 AM

Unfortunately I get heavy sick I have to lie in bed for days, take medicine, sleep and sleep again. From I getting sick it's the first time I feel a little warm without my quilt.
In the morning, it's sunny outside. The sunshine comes in through the window, make the toy Qilin on my desk glittering. It's warm enough for me to wash my head and then make myself a cup of coffee.
Now the sky darkens quickly, and we have 10℃(Compared with several days ago 0℃ - -3℃, it's very warm)In my area snow is rare, but I still wish some day I can see it again.
Thank you for hosting the contest! Wish you have a nice 2023

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 6 January 2023 at 1:04 PM

@jlya, that makes me wanna take a nap and just relax my whole body ❀️

@lothar, hopefully you'll recover soon! It's a nice feeling and makes me smile as I'm imagining it. When did you have snow last time? Just curious 😊 Wishing you the same! ❀️

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 6 January 2023 at 4:08 PM

Ya it’s wasn’t a lot of snow but on areas where it got piled up because of the wind it would reach 5-10ft

But ya in general we don’t get a lot of snow
@megamisama90

Agender
1,077 posts

awesomesaucethegreat • 6 January 2023 at 5:31 PM

Hmm...
When I look outside the window, the sky is very pale blue. The sun has started to set, so there's a wave of orange surrounding the horizon. There are small wisps of clouds, but not puffy ones. The trees are slightly blocking my view, but it's pretty outside 😊

Female
730 posts

lothar • 7 January 2023 at 12:18 AM

@megamisama90
The last time I saw a heavy snow maybe in my childhood, about 14-15 years ago? I can't remember the exact year. The snow was heavy enough for me to use my hands to build a snowman. I put him in a bowl, use boba(expired and frozen) to make him a smiling mouth and eyes, give him a little hat and then take him home. I also built a lot of other snow creature, like bear, deer, cat, dog.(In fact they didn't look like the correct animals)
It seemed that I built a little zoo on the lawn. It was a wonderful time

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 7 January 2023 at 3:47 AM

@craberrycat1, I guess that do quolify as yikes 😱

@awesomesaucethegreat, sounds very pleasant to look 😊 Just curius as you wrote it kinda like you don't see the ground or that's how I understood it. Do you live higher? Wierd way to ask. Like if you live in an apartment building, you live in upper floors?

@lothar, aww. Correct or not that's so cute ❀️ So creative to use boba πŸ˜ƒ

Agender
1,077 posts

awesomesaucethegreat • 7 January 2023 at 7:37 PM

@megamisama90 yeah, I can't really see the ground because of my weird patio πŸ˜‹

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 8 January 2023 at 3:11 AM

@megamisama90
tysm for hosting!

The weather is quite chilly today but it isnt snowing , but i wish it was. All the snow that was here last week has already melted away. But im still happy we atleast had snow during winter solstice, christmas and new years eve!

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 8 January 2023 at 3:23 AM

@murfijs, sad the snow has already melted away but I do agree at least you had snow during the most "critical" times xD ❀️ Those are the times there has to be snow or it isn't the same! ^^

@awesomesaucethegreat, makes sense!

6 posts

megamisama90_side2 • 14 January 2023 at 6:05 AM

I was so happy to read and comment on your weathers. ^^ I've done the raffling and the winners have recieved their prizes. Congrats! Thank you all for participating ❀️