Cove Spaces (Monthly Increase)

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 30 January 2023 at 8:37 PM

It has come to my attention that after CRW many player's accounts are absolutely to the brim. Even their sides. With over 1,000 species and 4 or more being added a month, I felt as though this proposal is relatively reasonable:

with every new month, each player's cove gets increased by 5 slots.

This would allow for at least the two cash shop and the two monthlies, then in the case you collect more there is an extra spot. Because, to me at least, the expansion costs are crazy high and it is not worth expanding at this point.

This does not need to be for sides either it could just be mains. It would be nice to have just a little something more.

Another proposal I had, and I understand that separating main/side accounts is a hassle most of the time, but I feel like stated sides should have up to ~700 free spots. Mains could stay at 500, and sides could be larger, because they are mainly used as "showcases" or "storages."

Some pings :0
@pet_cemetery
@daisycat
@wonder404exe

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 30 January 2023 at 8:44 PM

@dragrawr

I agree with these. I'm always struggling with my coves. My trade side in particular is nearly always in a state of overflowing.

I've noticed it's especially bad for older members who has had time to collect lots of creatures. They don't want to get rid of them but expanding is gets very expensive very quickly.

Hopefully this will go through? *Fingers crossed*

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 30 January 2023 at 9:27 PM

@dragrawr
I support this idea!

These are good points:
"With over 1,000 species and 4 or more being added a month, I felt as though this proposal is relatively reasonable"
"it's especially bad for older members who has had time to collect lots of creatures"

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 30 January 2023 at 9:50 PM

@daisycat agree!

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 30 January 2023 at 9:58 PM

@dragrawr Honestly after the recent increase to 500, I'm not sure how likely it is that staff would make such a big jump as giving us more cove spaces every single month. That said, I'm all for it! I think it's a good idea to consider just how many different species we have at this point, and how many new ones are added every month, and realize that the current cove mechanics are simply outdated and no longer work well for the userbase.

What I really want to comment on, though, is the second part of your idea, the increase on stated sides. I think that is an *awesome* idea and it really does make sense. Officially, as per staff and the Player Guide, sides are supposed to be for 'storage'. People use them in plenty of different ways, but going off the 'sides are for storage' principle, it makes sense that sides may fill up quicker as you continue to move things there. A standard increase for all verified sides would, imo, be completely keeping in line with the 'storage' idea,

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 30 January 2023 at 10:11 PM

@heatherm19 Exactly. And I agree on the outdated price system. It just gets too expensive and makes me not really enjoy playing when I realize I have to pay so much for one creature to have a spot.

Also, the other problem is the LOV, which ever since I played I felt like should be across all accounts, but i do understand that Eggcave still needs money.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 30 January 2023 at 10:13 PM

@dragrawr That would be really cool if the LOV could work across all your accounts at once. I just move mine between accounts depending on where happiness is lowest at the moment.

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 30 January 2023 at 10:14 PM

@heatherm19 Yeah fair, but also it does get a little frustrating to constantly be swapping ;-;

Female
33 posts

mzpanda • 4 February 2023 at 12:37 AM

I agree

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 February 2023 at 6:18 AM

@dragrawr I really do think a small bump in cove spaces each month is fair. And it would give themquite some time before having to do a mass expansion again in the near future. (Our own version of "cost of living" wage increase.)

Although I think they would be more likely to do this on verified mains if there was a way not to do the expansions site wide. (Like instead of it being something that they just roll out on say... the 3rd of each month. It would be closer to the Advent Tree that only verified users could go to to collect the 5 extra spaces. Maybe at first there would be blog post reminders, but eventually it would be our responsibility to collect them like our Bank interest? Or maybe so we don't forget one on the 1st of the month, then once a week after that? not sure if there'd be a way where we'd have a whole week to collect it before it expired.)
But I can't see them giving more space to unverified sides than they would mains.

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 4 February 2023 at 6:46 AM

@dragrawr I support this idea. Perhaps the prize pool for completing the dailies could be expanded? A cove space could be one of the possible prizes. I would also love to have the possibility to "move" cove spaces between accounts.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 4 February 2023 at 10:42 AM

@ida92 Omg that's such a cool idea! Being able to 'move' cove spaces between accounts, that would be so helpful. (Sitting at 990-something on my Floofs account (getting so expensive!!) while my commons-side is under 500...)

Female
1,482 posts

romanjr370 • 4 February 2023 at 11:04 AM

@dragrawr The ideas awesome! 😊
@ida92 That's an excellent idea, giving more cove space for completing all the dailies task as a reward would be an excellent motivator!

Maybe also lowering the EC cost for cove spaces, could work?
Or giving a discount if you buy 'X' amount of spaces at the same time?

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 4 February 2023 at 12:03 PM

@ida92 I think moving cove spaces would be a bit to hard to code into this type of situation, but I love the prize idea